It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special Counsel Mueller Impanels Washington Grand Jury in Russia Probe

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

This is different he's not getting ready to bring charges.
An impanaled GJ stays on stand by to get documents he may need or take sworn testimony on. It's another investigative tool in this case.
It doesn't indicate anything .

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
If Mueller has put together a grand jury, that means they have evidence to present that some crimes may have occurred.

It'll be up to the grand Jury to determine if they have enough cause to move forward.

Maybe Trump should stop lying about stuff, and maybe people would trying to find things he's done wrong.

But also, it could be nothing and he could just be using it as a documentation tool.

~Tenth
edit on 8/3/2017 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
I wonder if Trump is allowed to even type the word Russia into his phone now? Guy is gonna be on vacation for two weeks.... Thats a lot of twitter time.

His "vacation" is really emergency medical leave to treat his paranoid dementia. I hear it was electro-shock treatment and the new thorazine injections.
edit on 3-8-2017 by TacSite18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

yeah and monkeys COULD fly out of my butt

all of this mess has reflected badly on trump
to get impeachment you need the recommendation from the special prosecutor
then you need the approval of the house judiciary committee(you know one of the ongoing investigaions)
then you need a vote from the house(gop controlled)

i will state again that if there were a smoking gun on the POTUS it would have been revealed prior to nov 8

with all the leaks going on for all we know thats what this grand jury could be investigating

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
WORD is...

ONE of Mueller's lawyers, "Specializes in flipping witnesses"....

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I'm sure there will be consequences, only a matter of time.

Sure there will be lots of leaks that attempt to
prove many are "innocent" all one sided, I predict.

link   

originally posted by: introvert
Trump does not have to be the target of the investigation to have attempted to interfere in it.

True but as in all cases charges are up to the prosecutors / AG. Trump is the chief law enforcement officer for the federal government and can lawfully end investigations, just as local prosecutors can.

If the city manager did it because the chief would not stop a particular investigation, that could be very concerning.

Not to mention a sign of corruption.

Yet not illegal at Trumps level in the federal system.

link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: soberbacchus

I'm okay with a president Pence. Key legislative agenda will still be accomplished. I saw a thread the other day stating that he was getting geared up to move into the White House, or something like that.

It will be a pleasure to read posts like this in the future.

For the record. Ill take president Pence as well.

link   

originally posted by: TacSite18

I wonder if Trump is allowed to even type the word Russia into his phone now? Guy is gonna be on vacation for two weeks.... Thats a lot of twitter time.

His "vacation" is really emergency medical leave to treat his paranoid dementia. I head it was electro-shock treatment and the new thorazine injections.

I'm THINKING the same.

17 Days is just about right for certain kinds of IN-PATIENT treatment at a private, secure facility.

link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I do not think a sitting president can be indicted

I think it was during the Clinton investigation that Ken Star's team decided it was constitutional for a president to be indicted by a federal grand jury for serious crimes.

A sitting president can be impeached

True. One of the sections in the articles of impeachment for Nixon was for interfering or trying to interfere in an FBI investigation.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

This is different he's not getting ready to bring charges.
An impanaled GJ stays on stand by to get documents he may need or take sworn testimony on. It's another investigative tool in this case.
It doesn't indicate anything .

Having been in law enforcement for 15+ years in 2 states I understand how it works and what it is.

Thanks

link   

Yup, it is so. Even more so since it was confirmed Trump was not the target of the investigation per Comey and the intelligence committee.

That was then. Now that Trump fired Comey it is a whole new game. Trump firing Comey is why Muelller was appointed, don't you recall?

Trump admitted that he fired Comey over the Russian investigation. He has made his own fate, and is his own worst enemy.

link   

according to people familiar with the matter

? ? ?

DaaaHaHaHa

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TacSite18

Not really no.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: introvert

Reads to me like they are allowing her to keep her security clearance as she moves to her next position.

That is actually one of the funniest things I have read at ATS.
Next position being in the trump admin right?

Not necessarily. If you read the letter, they even say "private sector". Her clearance would be useful if she went to work for a private contractor.

I think you are making this out to be a bigger deal than it is.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

How's that "plan" of yours that youre so convinced Trump has. Was this apart of it too?

link   
This is what the PUBLIC knows so far...

^^ That's just the REPORTED stuff...scroll through THAT (all sourced).

Now...just imagine what Mueller's been able to FIND.

edit on 3-8-2017 by DanteGaland because: (no reason given)

link   
Robert Mueller is on steroids today. He just issued several subpoenas in connection with the Trump Junior Russian lawyer meeting.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Mueller drops this bomb AS SOON as Trump starts his vacay... . Effing brilliant

Yet not surprising... They are bound and determined to get rid of Trump. Since grand jury proceedings are secret we once again have another leak.

Actually, I'm not entirely convinced that Trump will be directly part of any of this, unless they can find wrongdoing in Comey's firing. In that case, that's on Trump and cannot blame anyone but him.

I think Trump is easily implicated, but more to the point, it does not matter. He is immune to prosecution whilst in office. Any action regarding Trump will be via Impeachment and his own party turning on him.

I am not sure about the legalities...he can't be prosecuted while in office or for anything he did while in office, but the campaign season would not count...so once he is no longer President, he could be technically prosecuted?

Either way..if it comes to that he will be pardoning himself, associates and family before leaving office.

If he hands out Pardons without a plan to resign or before end of term, I suspect congress would be forced to impeach.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Wow...got any evidence to backup the Cause Russia stuff? Flynn has been gone since the beginning...outside of that it is all "official sources"....LOL

Flynn has his own grand jury. He begged to testify for immunity, most likely because he knows he is guilt of collusion and maybe outright treason.

Flynn should be the first one indicted, the first one in jail. Unless he flips on Trump for a plea-deal. THAT will be interesting.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join