It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seriously, no joke. I can see magnetic fields with my NAKED EYES.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Maybe the air you are looking at is full of metal dust and the reason you see something is because some of the dust is affected by the magnetic field. If this thread is serious, you could attempt to film or record what you see, play it back and see if you see it on video to show to others. If you can't see it on video, you don't have proof and many will take this thread as a bit of a joke thread. It would be like saying I see dead people. You might be serious but if no one else sees what you see, there's no evidence to prove anything. If you can't prove something to others, most will not take you seriously.

If the air in your house is heavily contaminated with metal particles, you might have a pollution issue but you might be able to prove your statement.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: orionthehunter

Wouldn't metal contaminants in the air accumulate on the surface of the magnets? That simply isn't the case. I'll see what I can do about trying to film it tomorrow. All I have is the camera in my cellphone.

Anyways, I'm not trying to win the nobel prize here, I just want to know if anyone else has noticed anything similar.

edit on 3-8-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

The field lines are most likely an illusion created as the ferrous particles are magnetized and repel parallel particles.

I think its more like the iron particles become concentrated along the strongest parts of the field which we call field 'lines' because we see the iron accumulated there more than the rest of the 'field'.

Magnetic fields are generated by the flow of electrons along a conductor. We can't see electrons with our eyes either.

Que the double slit crowd.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

What exactly did you notice? Are you for real, or just trolling?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   
It's possible you can see something the camera won't pick up. However proof is in shared similar results. Good luck with your experiments. If you can see something on camera and others see it too, well that will be interesting.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I think it might be the squiggly lines in your eyeball fluid.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Cool experiment with the magnets. Scientists have been working on understanding this possibility...

www.wired.com...

The ability to see Earth's magnetic field, thought to be restricted to sea turtles and swallows and other long-distance animal navigators, may also reside in human eyes.

Tests of cryptochrome 2, a key protein component of geomagnetic perception, found that its human version restored geomagnetic orientation in cryptochrome-deficient fruit flies.

Flies are a long, long way from people, but that the protein worked at all is impressive. There's also a whole lot of it in our eyes.

edit on 3-8-2017 by dffrntkndfnml because: Added reply tag

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Neobium magnets have very strong magnetic fields. It is possible that the air in the room (and even outside air) is ionised in the degree that a visible interaction is created with these magnetic fields.

In particular, if the room has varying air qualities, i.e. smoke, steam, or other contaminants which can provide "color/contrast", thus giving a more visible field lines for these magnetic fields.

In a similar manner as smoke is used to visualize air jets in a wind tunnel.

That would be my PhD thesis take on this topic.
edit on 3-8-2017 by deckdel because: Added wind tunnel analogy

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I do at times as well... Used to think it was heat dispersion above/around objects based on dispertial of the air. But when I lived in Miami Florida... I would still see it even when an object and the surrounding air was aprox. the same temp.

Years later I still observe variances with certain objects I'm sure is electromagnetic in nature though not always and not with everything.

I am a "sensitive" and see auras around everyone everywhere constantly as well.. and have for over 50+years. My mother, grandmother, both great-grandfathers could as well.

Have a great day... and thanks! MS

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I know this is a lie as you can not hold the attracting poles of neodymium magnets 1/4" apart they would slam together so fast there is no way you would have time to see anything and good luck not getting your fingers pinched.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Many mammals have sense of Earth magnetic field. It is proven from foxes and dogs to cows. Many birds are using Earth MF for navigation. In fact planetary MF is quite constant environmental power. More constant then oxygen content in atmosphere or temperature. It is logical conclusion life will use Earths MF for any purpose on hand.

Ability to sense MF is probably coded in our DNA, but is suppressed/not pronounced.

It is hypothetical question: Last 50 years are people exposed to very unnatural EM fields. "Natural selection" may choose those, who are able to reactivate - in fact - archaic perks. We can became organic WiFi hotspots

Back to ground. MF sense is in birds and probably in mammals bound to same areas of brain as ordinary seeing. "Data" from MF sensory tissues are somehow mapped into "visual model" aka what you as bird see. If you, as man look into country, you have instant understanding of overall situation ... birds have something very similar + instant orientation of the mental map. At least ...

I'm not sure if my "orientation sense" is given just because of training and practice or if I use some "second sense". I just know where is north and south. In forest or in city, during cloudy day or night ...

Did not tested my superpower on high seas nor in space ...

edit on 3-8-2017 by JanAmosComenius because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2017 by JanAmosComenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
I've been studying a lot on Classical Electromagnetic Theory, Quantum Field Theory, and Quantum Electro Dynamics, lately, and have been using the three to formulate a general set of principles as a precursor to a Grand Unified Theory.

So I was just sitting in my thinking chair, playing with some neodymium magnets, when I leaned in to focus, and suddenly realized that I am able to see what looks like very, very, fine steam-like particles moving between the attracting poles of the magnets. It kinda looks like steam rising from a cup of coffee when the light is passing through it. I have to focus really hard, but I'm definitely seeing something.

This is so freakn COOL!!!!!

Has anyone else noticed this?????????

Try it with some neodymium magnets. Mine are pretty small. Hold the attracting poles towards each other with about 1/4th inch gap in between. Then lean in about 5 inches away. Don't put them too close to your eyes. I don't know if they can cause damage. But if you focus, maybe you'll notice it too.

Let me know if you see the same thing.
oh come on man, there is nothing in the physiology of your eyeballs that should allow you to see electromagnetic lines. I'm assuming you are studying this from the Internet? And then you bought some magnets and now you have special powers? how long have you been studying these magnets? And you're not sure if they can harm you? Holy #
edit on 3-8-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

That's not necessarily true. There are lots of ways this can be done. It just takes some time in preparation and some rigging. Granted, depending on the strength of the magnets, you may not be able to do this with just your hands, but it can be done. A vice is one way to do it. Another way is by using two pieces of rope.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I've been studying a lot on Classical Electromagnetic Theory, Quantum Field Theory, and Quantum Electro Dynamics, lately, and have been using the three to formulate a general set of principles as a precursor to a Grand Unified Theory.

So I was just sitting in my thinking chair, playing with some neodymium magnets, when I leaned in to focus, and suddenly realized that I am able to see what looks like very, very, fine steam-like particles moving between the attracting poles of the magnets. It kinda looks like steam rising from a cup of coffee when the light is passing through it. I have to focus really hard, but I'm definitely seeing something.

This is so freakn COOL!!!!!

Has anyone else noticed this?????????

Try it with some neodymium magnets. Mine are pretty small. Hold the attracting poles towards each other with about 1/4th inch gap in between. Then lean in about 5 inches away. Don't put them too close to your eyes. I don't know if they can cause damage. But if you focus, maybe you'll notice it too.

Let me know if you see the same thing.

I believe that a recent study suggested that birds were essentially able to "see" magnetic fields, although "see" may not be entirely the right word. Magnetoreception has also been demonstrated in other animals.

Personally I think that something else is happening with you, but it sounds cool so enjoy it while it lasts. Unless it's some bizarre symptom of an oncoming aneurysm, in which case go to a doctor.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Badams
Have you recently been exposed to a glowing meteorite? Are you also starting to jump ever increasingly high? Can you lift a small car on your own yet?

No reason for the sarcasm (not just you) there once was a time when someone posted something a little off the wall, but we would discuss it. Now it seems anything at all out of the ordinary, is immediately under fire and dismissed. Now if its a wacky one like yesterday ," planes did not hit the Towers on 911", that is a little different.
edit on 3-8-2017 by kurthall because: add

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

That's pretty cool if you ask me!

Reading your OP made me research and caused me to stumble across something I experienced often as a child:

Probably the best-known sensory effect of magnetism is shown in total darkness, when the head of a person whose eyes are fully adapted to the dark is put between the poles of an alternating current magnet. As the field strength is increased, the person will begin to see a faint glow around the visual periphery. When the field is reduced, the glow vanishes

www.nytimes.com...

I used to get that exact faint glow almost every night as I drifted to sleep in my early teens, I now wonder what was causing it... no idea to be honest...I did live on a Military base...coincidence?

I also just found out that magnets can have subtle effects on the heart:

Magnetic fields have been found to significantly affect cardiac function, in addition to effects on a myriad of other body systems and problems.

www.drpawluk.com...

I will need to look into this in more detail thanks for posting

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Birds cannot see "magnetic lines", they feel them - similar to the force of bringing 2 magnets together.

And no, you yourself cannot see your magnetic lines, biologically impossible - unless you're on Acid or a Tryptamine.
edit on 3-8-2017 by MuonToGluon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

a reply to: dogstar23

Yeah, that's kinda what it looks like. Like when heat on the pavement is distorting the air as it rises, but its really faint. There's really no other explanation IMO. Its not like I'm seeing Virtual Particles or anything like that. The human eye cant even see a bunch of atoms clumped together. It has to be related to air density.

But it not the human eye that sees atoms. It's the ajna chakra between the eyebrows, which, when it gets turned on, superimposes its vision on the field of optical vision. It is a siddhi of yoga called "anima". Your ability to detect some kind of force or energy flowing between the poles of a magnet is nothing new. It was researched thoroughly in the 19th century by Reichenbach, who called it the odic force and described it just as you have. It was observed by clairvoyants like Geoffrey Hodson during experiments in the 1950s with Dr Lyness, a New Zealand psychiatrist.

If you want to study how anima has accurately described subatomic particles, quarks and superstrings many decades before physicists knew anything about the atomic nucleus and its constituents, read this and this (Chapts 1-4) and this (Chapts 5-6). Also visit here.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

playing with some neodymium magnets, when I leaned in to focus, and suddenly realized that I am able to see what looks like very, very, fine steam-like particles moving between the attracting poles of the magnets. It kinda looks like steam rising from a cup of coffee when the light is passing through it. I have to focus really hard, but I'm definitely seeing something.

Yeah, well the air is full of dust particles, which carry charges, and which "scatter" light coming in from any light source.

Since the small particles in the air are always moving due to "Brownian Motion", they will form little random electric currents in the air, and any charged current moving in a magnetic field will be "deflected" and begin to move in some "pattern" due to the magnetic field itself having a "geometric pattern."

So, you should expect to see some pattern of moving particles between the magnets under the right set of circumstances.

To test the theory, about what you're actually seeing, you could "enhance" the effect by
1) increasing the number of dust particles in the air
2) arranging the light source so that it scatters off the dust particles more (like when the sun is setting, the dust in your room shows up more clearly; or like how the light through a barn window will illuminate the dust in the barn becaue of the angle of the light etc..)

With very strong magnets, it's not surprising that you "see something."

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone
Interesting. Strange question sort of related to your post, but so you ever see micro dots on the outer layer of your vision? I've seen these ever since childhood and used to be able to control their flow, but now I can only faintly follow their flow. And it's become harder to focus on them.
They have a strange pattern and color to them too. They seem equally spaced apart and they shift "colors" often.
When I was a child, I was able to go micro and macro with them. Sort of zoom in and pan back on them.
This probably has nothing to do with your post, but your post did trigger those memories and I was able to bring them into my vision.

This is very interesting to me as I experienced the same thing as a child. Mine were red and blue dots and I could follow their movements or make them move in whatever pattern I wanted. This faded away as I got older through my teens and by the time I was in my 20's, it had disappeared totally. Now that I am older, they are starting to come back but very briefly and they are monochromatic.

As a child it happened when I was laying in bed trying to sleep.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join