It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get Ready! The Brightest Meteor Shower In The Recorded Human History Is Happening

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

7/26/2017

There is going to be a meteor shower on 12th of August, 2017. According to astronomers this will be the brightest shower in the recorded human history. It will light up the night sky and some of these might even be visible during the day. This meteor shower is being considered as once in a lifetime opportunity as the next meteor shower of such kind will be after 96 years.

The Perseid meteor shower, one of the brighter meteor showers of the year, occurs every year between July 17 and August 24. The shower tends to peak around August 9-13.

www.physics-astronomy.com...

Apparently this is going to be the brightest meteor shower in recorded history, and some of the comet showers might even be visible in plain daylight.

Apparently the comet shower will be it's brightest in August 12th. Just a heads up for astronomer amateurs, or anyone who simply wants to enjoy this once in a lifetime event.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

7/26/2017

There is going to be a meteor shower on 12th of August, 2017. According to astronomers this will be the brightest shower in the recorded human history. It will light up the night sky and some of these might even be visible during the day. This meteor shower is being considered as once in a lifetime opportunity as the next meteor shower of such kind will be after 96 years.

The Perseid meteor shower, one of the brighter meteor showers of the year, occurs every year between July 17 and August 24. The shower tends to peak around August 9-13.

www.physics-astronomy.com...

Apparently this is going to be the brightest meteor shower in recorded history, and some of the comet showers might even be visible in plain daylight.

Apparently the comet shower will be it's brightest in August 12th. Just a heads up for astronomer amateurs, or anyone who simply wants to enjoy this once in a lifetime event.

There was a decent sized fireball visible over the Northwest a few days ago. From as south as Eugene, Oregon, all the way up to B.C. according to reports. I saw it personally -- bright bluish/green. Can't wait for the peak.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
remember day of the triffids?

+22 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I always try to catch these events, but they usually don't live up to the hype. I've gotten up a few nights to catch the Delta Aquariids over the last week, but haven't seen much.
edit on 2-8-2017 by TruMcCarthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The Perseid meteor shower is something some believe was responsible for the Tunguska impact ...Thousands of little ones but a few bigger better ones to flatten a city or a forest... We will just have to wait and see if any of the big ones are left in this position of the comets trail from long ago.

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
This year's Perseid shower is expected to be the brightest in recorded human history ?

Then I expect to see fully overcast skies on that night.

Such is the story of my life...

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
The Perseid meteor shower is something some believe was responsible for the Tunguska impact ...Thousands of little ones but a few bigger better ones to flatten a city or a forest... We will just have to wait and see if any of the big ones are left in this position of the comets trail from long ago.

Well that's a scary thought !!

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I'll be monitoring the VHF 2 Meter Band Hopefully their will be good DX / Propagation

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: autopat51

51... could that be the year of your entrance ? It was for me. Triffids is kind of dating you

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Humm, that's snopes's claim, but even Cambridge News website states the same thing.

Perseid meteor shower predicted to be brightest in history will light up the sky in August

edit on 2-8-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I'll be headed up to Sandia Crest with a jug and my GF to escape the light pollution and might try out my new Pany GH7, supposed to be great for low light environs.
edit on 3-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
You might browse through here.....
www.skyandtelescope.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Fake news, sorry.

I haven't seen any astronomers or credible astronomy sites say it's gonna be anything special. In fact, to the contrary: plus.google.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51
remember day of the triffids?

That movie terrified me when I was a child.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Even if it were going to be as active & bright as claimed, the peak is during the afternoon, and at night, the waning moon is going to drown it out, so probably about half the visibility as opposed to if it were moonless.

With my luck, it'll probably be raining anyway. Lol, that's always my damn luck with meteor showers the past few years.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: projectvxn

Humm, that's snopes's claim, but even Cambridge News website states the same thing.

Perseid meteor shower predicted to be brightest in history will light up the sky in August

Sorry . Look at the source in the article - Physics-Astronomy.com
Same one Snopes mention as the root of the fake news..

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
This isn't happening.

Maybe it's a ruse to get a lot of people to look up at the sky as they initiate a sub-program related to Project Blue Beam.😱😱😱😱😱

I love this site..lol.👍

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Actually it's one of those giant flashy thingies from Men in Black.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Why is this not in the hoax bin?
It is totally predicated on false news.
Real science will tell you that it will probably be weaker than what would be considered average.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join