It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think F1 immediately must switch to V10s

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
So many people complained since they left V10 and lowered their specs which was in 2004. Of course it was not their choice. There are so many benefits to this switch in technical and strategy ways but still, the sound is horrendous.

We should do something to convince them to go back to V10 in 1 year or 2.

What do you think and what would be the ways as a viewer?
edit on 2-8-2017 by belkide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: belkide
So many people complained since they left V10 and lowered their specs which was in 2004. Of course it was not their choice. There are so many benefits to this switch in technical and strategy ways but still, the sound is horrendous.

We should do something to convince them to go back to V10 in 1 year or 2.

What do you think and what would be the ways as a viewer?

For me what really has to change is mostly in the aero department.
You can actually watch an entire race without seeing a racing overtake.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

Yes another good point also and this is also related to the power issues safety bla bla of the new systems getting more boring every year.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: belkide

Yes another good point also and this is also related to the power issues safety bla bla of the new systems getting more boring every year.

Just like with consumer vehicles, eh

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: belkide

No, no.
They need to go back to the 80's when Drivers would deny driving cars with 1.2L Twin Turbo V8's and could reach 230MPH on Montreal circuit.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I would watch F1 if the vehicles had 30mm cannons mounted on them.

edit on 2-8-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer because a demon stole it

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Death race 2000 anyone?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
I would watch F1 if the vehicles had 30mm cannons mounted on them.

It's a very interesting spectator sport. But I must be honest, you need to be invested and up to date to understand it.
Then you will find it entertaining and exciting. The crashes are of course a plus, but in F1 if someone crashes it's usually not a good thing at all.

It's not like watching a regular sport and have no idea what's going on and still be entertained.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Death race 2000 anyone?

Exactly. They have to use them on each other and the spectators.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
So nobody cares about v10 f1?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I'm happy with new technologies.....and I'm a massive turbo supporter so......

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

No, no.
They need to go back to the 80's when Drivers would deny driving cars with 1.2L Twin Turbo V8's and could reach 230MPH on Montreal circuit.

A new speed record has been set (on the city course in Baku):

378 kmh

for you crazy non-metric people, that´s 234,878 MPH

No need for heavy, outdated fuel guzzling engines in a precision sport.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Rocket assist, vectored thrust, six wheeled all wheel drive electric.

Whatever it takes, the fastest around the track should be what the race is about.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I really thought the racing would have been better this year. But the new regulations don't seem to have worked.

I'd bring back refueling first, so there was no more of this driving slowly to manage fuel levels. Likewise the tires. Watching drivers protect their tires is not full on racing.

Take away most of the electronic driver aids and engine management tools on the steering wheel.

And put sprinklers on the tracks.

But, f1 is disappearing behind a paywall in the Uk next year anyway, so that will be the end of it in this country at least.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I am not sure about the v10....

I can say I think this year is better than the last 2.

And as a side note, damn it Ferrari, let Kimi race!

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I think the new hybrid engines are pretty cool and more about future of engines, speed and reliability etc, got to say the noise of this year's cars aren't as good as last years, other than that I love watching F1.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I fell alseep at a formula 1 race. We were at the starting line too.

I will never go to another. So boring. Everyone cheats.

Fernando Alonso is a really good pilot. I hope he gets the honors he should. He is one of the few SAFE and team minded drivers out there. The guy is a jedi driving.

Ferrari needs to change everything. Alonso would have won more often if his team and his car werent constantly holding him back. I am not really sure whats new this year.

edit on 8 3 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Auto racing in general has totally lost their balls. Even NASCAR is a shell of it's old glory. This is what happens when politics gets involved in sports.

Formula One won't veer from the V6 and, in fact, will likely take it even further and go inline 4 in 2020. All thanks to well meaning idiots like Jean Todt.

Americans used to look down our noses at F1 to some degree, mainly because it was more finesse and flair than the fender rubbing and raw power of American stock cars. Of late NASCAR has had more than simple flirtation with technology and has gotten away from simply producing a product that die-hards love. There's even been talk this year of them switching the Sprint Cup cars over to the Xfinity series V6s with a turbocharger to reduce the amount of noise the cars make. Sorry, but that will be the day half the country stops watching NASCAR... they slapped restrictor plates onto the cars to take away our beloved Rusty Wallace straightaway barrel rolls and to neuter the dominance of the Monte Carlo in tight traffic,,, take away that rumble that makes you feel like you're having heart palpitations and it's over, Johnny.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Auto racing in general has totally lost their balls.

I want Rally Group B back but without the idiots standing in the middle off the road.

Walter Röhrl...

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

+1 . And some say its dangerous (group B as car specs) ... They should watch golf.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join