It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vegan Activist Extort Butcher Shop

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Crazy SJWs are at it again in Berkely. A locally owned, sustainable butcher shop is being targeted by vegan activists. They protested in front of the butcher shop until the butcher put up a sign in the window claiming that eating meat is torturing animals.

While I feel for the butcher, this is kind of funny and shows how the various lefty progressive groups cannibalize each other. So here we have a shop hitting all the right buttons for progressives... locally owned. sustainable. organic. probably pays above minimum wage. Now another progressive group turns around and protests them and essentially extorts them to put up some stupid sign in their window.

You can't make this stuff up. These wack jobs do nothing to help progressive causes.

Local Butcher Shop Hangs Animal Rights Sign Under Duress

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated
Calexit can't come soon enough...

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Giving these activists an inch tends to incentivize their absurd behavior. The butchers should protest each one of these people at their place of work, if they have a job.
edit on 2-8-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
YEP!

ALL Vegans MUST be SJW-types!

These single individuals, being USED as "examples" to paint broad strokes is SAD.

LOW ENERGY-SAD.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Some stories you know come from California, while others have Florida or Texas written all over them.. it's just a fact...... easily recognizable.
Sometimes even to foreigners.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
If i was the butcher id be tossing the blood on the street there protesting on ....

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

If I had a dollar for every time you used a broad stroke..

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

No silly, vegans are ALWAYS open and pleasant to omnivores.

ALL Vegans MUST be SJW-types!

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Here is an interesting one from a couple days ago

chicago.cbslocal.com...

CHICAGO (CBS) — A South Side church with a history of civil rights activism is now at the center of controversy.

CBS 2’s Sandra Torres reports that this comes after the Woodlawn church, the Apostolic Church of God, took away the membership of a parishioner for marrying her female partner.

As a result, a group of LGBT activists came together Sunday to speak out.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I agree not all Vegan are leftist.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Well...2 points.

The sign is small.

The butcher doesn't have protesters in front of his store creating a disturbance any more.

I think it was settled quite amicably.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

By definition vegan activists would be classified as sOCIAl JUSTIC Warriors. Your comment on "ALL Vegans" is misplaced... but 'cha already knew that, did you not?

C-C-C-Combo breaker it ain't, but nice try at deflection nonetheless.

NEXT!

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

It's Berkely. Retardation is a major signal of virtue. The only time they ever make the news is when they're space cadeting.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The butcher shop should have charged the "activist" do gooders rent to keep the sign there.

That is the only way I would have displayed such a racist sign.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I'd have just gotten out a powerwasher and cleansed the sidewalk in front of my business of any and all excrement, but I'm not a nice person in that regard.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

Well...2 points.

The sign is small.

The butcher doesn't have protesters in front of his store creating a disturbance any more.

I think it was settled quite amicably.

its not about the size , it is about the fact that they force him to put the sign up.

did he break a law by running a butcher shop ? , if no leave the guy alone.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: markovian

Dont give the protestors any ideas now...

Damnit no youtube clips of PETA throwing buckets of blood on cheeldren in South ark.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The shop owner should use the publicity to his advantage and claim that his shop is now "vegan tested and approved" or put an asterisk and some fine print on the sign they made him put up. Something like...

EATING MEAT IS TORTURING ANIMALS**

**But not OUR meat. Our meat is locally grown, sustainable, and deliciously prepared in the most humane way available

I also have agree with the activists that "eating meat is torturing animals". I grilled a steak the other day and my new puppy felt "tortured" when I didn't share it with her.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I would have ate them and taught them a valuable lesson about the environment and sustainability.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: RainyState

**Specifically the whiny little animals who won't eat meat and are experiencing torturous anguish and pathetic attention whoring over how delicious we normal people know bacon is.

Vegans don't bother me. I'm pretty much a do as thou wilt with your own diet guy. That said, vegan activists piss me off. I don't think they realize that if we ever were to go to a meatless society, I'd be hunting down vegans for my meat needs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join