It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In 19 days we will all know whether the earth poles has shifted in a southern direction.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
After August 21st, all people who profess that the pole has shifted south will probably need to stop.

If the pole has shifted south then the path of the total eclipse that will happen on Aug 21st will not follow the path that it has been mathematically predicted to follow. Instead it should be about 8 degrees more northern - if I understand pole shift peoples claims.

We should also be able to finally see Nibiru according to some people. I will make sure and look for it as I live and work in the path of the total eclipse.

www.timeanddate.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
when the poles shift again compasses will point in the wrong direction and that's about it.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Those that think the actual poles will shift are a special kind of person. Antarctica will stay in the south and Santa's shop will remain up north.

The only thing that will happen is your compass will be pointing in the opposite direction. That's it. Our GPS will be off and it might take birds a season or two to get used to it.

I don't see our crust moving like in the movie 2012.

link   
a reply to: Fools

The poles ain't shifting before I successfully finish that novel. Sorry. And this guys from Nibiru should be careful where they pass... We have expensive vignette tax for the solar highway, if they ain't paying we just throw them in a refugee camp until Merkel decides else. Sorry, aliens.

link   
Wouldn't the people who are monitoring that have already taken it into consideration and altered the viewing path. They check and double check things before posting where it will be. The diagrams of the area could be built on the new tilt info. This probably cannot be used to show anything either way..

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
After August 21st, all people who profess that the pole has shifted south will probably need to stop.

If the pole has shifted south then the path of the total eclipse that will happen on Aug 21st will not follow the path that it has been mathematically predicted to follow. Instead it should be about 8 degrees more northern - if I understand pole shift peoples claims.

We should also be able to finally see Nibiru according to some people. I will make sure and look for it as I live and work in the path of the total eclipse.

www.timeanddate.com...

There's a difference between a magnetic pole shift and what you're referring to with the word poles (the axis upon which earth rotates)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I think most eclipse paths were predicted a very long time ago. I will look that up. I am sure someone can come up with proof of that they have on hand or in mind.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

I am speaking of a literal movement of the earth, not just the magnetic poles. The magnetic pole movement is fact. The earth tilting in a southern direction so far, is not.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
isn't south the only direction the north pole can shift in??

so, is it shifting south toward canada, south towards russian, or south towards someplace else??
I guess the 8 degree shift north of the eclipse would mean the pole is shifting towards russia, maybe??

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Argentbenign

The poles ain't shifting before I successfully finish that novel. Sorry. And this guys from Nibiru should be careful where they pass... We have expensive vignette tax for the solar highway, if they ain't paying we just throw them in a refugee camp until Merkel decides else. Sorry, aliens.

I will inform the overlord of the banana people.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I think most claim it is shifting to make the geographical pole will be somewhere in Siberia at some point. Which would be good for Canada for sure.

Maybe the Canadians are causing this? :-)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I wonder about this pole-shift thing. First, how could a lunar eclipse affect the inner metal solid/liquid core of the earth just because it is occurring in North America? Lunar eclipses occur every 28 days, as the sun, moon and earth line up, right? So why is this different? Just because we get a good show in N. America?

I am not doubting that the poles switch - we have evidence in this from volcanic rocks that cooled when the poles were different in the past.

We also know, that when the poles shift, the Van Allen belts and earth magnetosphere weakens, thus the possibility of more solar and cosmic rays hitting the surface. But it happened before, and life on earth survived.

Why all the fuss?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

isn't south the only direction the north pole can shift in??
a reply to: dawnstar

Excellent!

Yes. But the North Pole is the axis that the earth spins on. It kinda wobbles around every 26,000 years (precession) at a 23 1/2 degree angle.

The magnetic pole is moving all the time, and does not line up with the north pole. That is why when you use a compass and a map you have to offset your compass to correct grid north to magnetic north.

edit on 2-8-2017 by TacSite18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TacSite18

I wonder about this pole-shift thing. First, how could a lunar eclipse affect the inner metal solid/liquid core of the earth just because it is occurring in North America? Lunar eclipses occur every 28 days, as the sun, moon and earth line up, right? So why is this different? Just because we get a good show in N. America?

I am not doubting that the poles switch - we have evidence in this from volcanic rocks that cooled when the poles were different in the past.

We also know, that when the poles shift, the Van Allen belts and earth magnetosphere weakens, thus the possibility of more solar and cosmic rays hitting the surface. But it happened before, and life on earth survived.

Why all the fuss?

August 21 is a solar eclipse - not lunar. And yep, every month the sun/moon/earth line up, but there isn't an eclipse each time - because the lining up isn't quite perfect. But there are at least partial lunar and solar eclipses a few times a year.

I think the OP is talking about a geographic pole shift (change in earth's tilt) and not a magnetic pole shift.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Pole shifting (crustal pole shift, not magnetic pole shift) isn't happening.

How could it?

If the Earth moved like that, here's the thing: satellites won't.

They will continue to orbit in the paths they have. Which means, if the crust of the Earth did move dramatically:

1) GPS will be wrong, for everyone. Geologists that use it. Militaries that use it. Commercial usage, and people's private use of it. It would be all wrong. Everyone would know.

2) Communications is going to be off....way, way off.

3) Satellite TV: guess what? You ain't going to get it anymore. Everyone would need to move their dishes.

Then of course you have other things that would not be working right anymore either:

1) Old school navigation using a sextant. Won't work anymore because the sun and stars would be in the wrong place, and yes, you have a LOT of people that still use this for navigation on the seas.

2) Both amateur and professional astronomers around the world would be screaming their heads off about it because the RA and Dec coordinates of all the objects in the sky would be way off.

Thing is: you can point this out to people who think the Earth's pole is shifting, and they won't answer you. Instead, they'll change the subject, or show you another picture of a cloud claiming it's Nibiru.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Pretty sure if the poles are going to shift (I can't say one way or the other) the poles won't give 3 bleeps about anything you just posted. We are all just flies on a horses ars.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TommyD1966

You are correct solar, not lunar. However, what I am questioning is why would any of this this happen at exactly the same time as the eclipse? Coincidence? Because the forces that the moon exerts on the earth are there all the time, and even if their is an additive force of the sun and moon lined up, that happens so regularly - every 28 days - then why would that change either the magnetic pole or the rotation of the earth?

An if the rotation of the earth changed rapidly, physics tells us that some very bad things would happen, like many objects of mass getting torn off the surface of the earth and flung around, even into space.

F=MA, and the lateral acceleration of moving the earths access even a few degrees would pretty much shut stuff down for a long time on this planet.

The question is, where does the F come from?
edit on 2-8-2017 by TacSite18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Imagine having to call the north of England "the south of England"

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TacSite18
a reply to: TommyD1966

You are correct solar, not lunar. However, what I am questioning is why would any of this this happen at exactly the same time as the eclipse? Coincidence? Because the forces that the moon exerts on the earth are there all the time, and even if their is an additive force of the sun and moon lined up, that happens so regularly - every 28 days - then why would that change either the magnetic pole or the rotation of the earth?

An if the rotation of the earth changed rapidly, physics tells us that some very bad things would happen, like many objects of mass getting torn off the surface of the earth and flung around, even into space.

F=MA, and the lateral acceleration of moving the earths access even a few degrees would pretty much shut stuff down for a long time on this planet.

The question is, where does the F come from?

Oh, I agree with you - eclipses happen all the time, and the 3 bodies line up all the time. Nothing special this time.

Unlike the post right above yours, there does need to be a force of some kind to actually changes the tilt of earth's axis. Nobody seems to be able to come up with a good (valid/logical) explanation of how it could actually happen. Niburu doesn't count.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TacSite18

but, it the geological poles have shifted, then that would mean that depending one where you are in the world, you actual location would be either a little further north, or further south..
so, just what you see during the eclipse might be a tad different than what they are predicting you will see at you location.. since it is dependent on your location?
there's maps online that shows the line across the US where they will be able to get the full eclispe, a little north from that and well you aren't gonna get a full eclipse, a little south of it, and you aren't gonna get the full eclipse. and people who are a little north of that will be seeing something different than those who an equal distance from that line to the south.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join