It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norwegian anti-immigrant group mistakes empty bus seats for women wearing burqas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: growler
shouldn't it be anti refugee rather than anti immigrant?
it's not as if those leaving their bombed out houses in syria and libya are changing google offices and, i've never met a polack in a burqa.

Until recently, about the last 5 years, we only had muslims from Pakistan, Iran and Chechen (I hope I spelled that right). Mostly from Pakistan.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: Mikehawk
As funny as this is, it's not a joke.

An anti-immigration group in Norway has been widely mocked after mistaking a photograph of empty bus seats for six Muslim women wearing burqas.

They should "deport" all those "empty seats" back to the manufacturer, probably China (?).

Probably not, most buses here in Norway is bought from Mercedes.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: Mikehawk

Europeans in general hate burqas. Two reasons it's religious in nature of course. And they see it as repression of sexuality. Both these are contrary to Europe's beliefs.

I certainly do, but I don't think I am in the majority.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Europeans in general hate burqas. Two reasons it's religious in nature of course. And they see it as repression of sexuality. Both these are contrary to Europe's beliefs.

Do they share an equal distaste towards bus seats as well?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: pompel9

I live in Norway, and this has not been covered on the news here. Probably because it's stupid and not important.

It might also be a slight bit embarrassing?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I think it is pretty obvious that the original poster of the picture was making a joke. It's the angle of the photo and the way it is cropped that give off the impression the seats are really Muslims in Burkas. If you are sitting on the bus and take the picture it should be beyond obvious they are empty seats (mostly because you are sitting in a seat that is upholstered the same as the ones in the picture). Call him out for being divisive if you want, I'm loving what he did because he ended up trolling a bunch of bigots.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Are they all sisters ?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Not all muslims are bus seats but all bus seats are muslim

top topics

<< 1   >>

join