It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norwegian anti-immigrant group mistakes empty bus seats for women wearing burqas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
As funny as this is, it's not a joke.

An anti-immigration group in Norway has been widely mocked after mistaking a photograph of empty bus seats for six Muslim women wearing burqas.

The image shared to private Facebook group Fedrelandet viktigst, which translates as Fatherland first, sparked a furious debate among its members after it appeared to show the seats occupied by women wearing the full-face veil.

www.independent.co.uk...

Looks like he had egg on his face and tried to move his goal posts just a bit:

But the man who shared the image, captioned “What do people think of this?”, said it was just “a little practical joke” to see how people would react to what was actually a photograph of a bus. 0:00 / 0:56

Sorry BRO, I'm not buying your excuse!

I solemnly swear that the point of this thread is not to cause divisiveness as most threads including Islam in any way shape or form usually becomes rather ugly, that is not my intention. My stance on immigration is complicated but that is a whole other thread.

I just think that this article is funny...

Anyone believe that it was a practical joke?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
whats " should have gone to specsavers " in norweigian ?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
shouldn't it be anti refugee rather than anti immigrant?
it's not as if those leaving their bombed out houses in syria and libya are changing google offices and, i've never met a polack in a burqa.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Saw this last night, and correct..they are dumb as [email protected] NOT know it was empty seats..lmfao

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
the guy who first shared it knew it was just a bus and trolled the whole grp

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikehawk
There you go world, SEE?! Europeans can be idiots too, not only Americans. #ing idiots, its like seeing monsters in ink blots.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jiggly
the guy who first shared it knew it was just a bus and trolled the whole grp

That is a pretty epic troll if you ask me

I wonder if the original poster had any idea how much momentum the pic would generate...some people are so blinded by their bias that they will jump to any opportunity to further their agenda, even if it means doing zero research, or using your eye-sight for that matter...lol.

ETA:

I'm not Norwegian and am not dismissing their immigration/refugee concerns regardless of my own opinions on the matter.

edit on 2-8-2017 by Mikehawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Maybe inspiration of burka has come from finnish author who wrote children books, these bizarre creatures are called hattivatti

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Baa ah ah ah hahahaha a ahh a haha a haha ha....

Ahh... Ahem...

Baaaahahahahaaaahhahahahahahahaaahahahaa!

This is the best thing I've read in so long. So indicative of the pack of dogs waiting to bark at any noise at all, hoping it's something they can attack.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I have nothing against bus seats, unless they have been radicalized. Then I think it's necessary to do something about it.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Stoned to death

Life imitates art imitates life imitates Monty Python!

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
I have nothing against bus seats, unless they have been radicalized. Then I think it's necessary to do something about it.

I'm gonna invent a whoopie cushion that says "death to infidels" instead of farting. Just for you.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

I'm gonna invent a whoopie cushion that says "death to infidels" instead of farting. Just for you.

I would cherish it for the rest of my life. Because you made it.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikehawk

An anti-immigration group in Norway has been widely mocked after mistaking a photograph of empty bus seats for six Muslim women wearing burqas.

They should "deport" all those "empty seats" back to the manufacturer, probably China (?).

edit on 2-8-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

D'aaaawwwww!

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

D'aaaawwwww!

Seriously though, I am expecting you to make this for me. What type of lead time are we talking?

I've never had anyone make something for me, this really is touching, I hope you weren't just joking.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Europeans in general hate burqas. Two reasons it's religious in nature of course. And they see it as repression of sexuality. Both these are contrary to Europe's beliefs.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Saw this last night, and correct..they are dumb as [email protected] NOT know it was empty seats..lmfao

Generally all racists share one common trait and that is being dumbasses.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikehawk

The image shared to private Facebook group Fedrelandet viktigst, which translates as Fatherland first, sparked a furious debate among its members after it appeared to show the seats occupied by women wearing the full-face veil.

www.independent.co.uk...

Looks like he had egg on his face and tried to move his goal posts just a bit:

But the man who shared the image, captioned “What do people think of this?”, said it was just “a little practical joke” to see how people would react to what was actually a photograph of a bus. 0:00 / 0:56

Sorry BRO, I'm not buying your excuse!

I solemnly swear that the point of this thread is not to cause divisiveness as most threads including Islam in any way shape or form usually becomes rather ugly, that is not my intention. My stance on immigration is complicated but that is a whole other thread.

I just think that this article is funny...

Anyone believe that it was a practical joke?

Just going to correct the poor translation in the article Fedrelandet viktigst. The actual real translation is Fatherland most important (viktigst is translated to important, but because it is plural you have to add most, so it makes more sense).

I live in Norway, and this has not been covered on the news here. Probably because it's stupid and not important.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
whats " should have gone to specsavers " in norweigian ?

Skulle ha gått til specsavers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join