It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Donald Trump signs a bill slapping sanctions on Russia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The title of the article is long and will be chopped.

President Donald Trump signs a bill slapping sanctions on Russia even as he calls it 'seriously flawed' and vents it 'encroaches' on his power – avoiding pubic ceremony

Trump has actually signed the legislation passed by Congress that throws some "heavy" sanctions on "Russia".

Trump has voiced his displeasure points as well.

The possibility is:

The legislation may place illegal restrictions on the Executive Branch (especially "negotiating" restrictions).

Well this can be viewed two (and a half) ways:

1. Trump is mad because it stops some of his "colluding" (sure).

2. It really does limit the Executive Branch (probably).

1a + 2a :: It partly kills off the "Russians did it" narrative.

Conspiracies in the News are fun.

President Donald Trump has signed legislation that slaps sanctions on Russia and limits his own ability to create waivers.
He signed the bill, which he wasn't happy about, in private.

The White House sent out statement by the president after he had signed the bill into law. Trump said despite some changes, 'the bill remains seriously flawed – particularly because it encroaches on the executive branch's authority to negotiate.'

'Congress could not even negotiate a healthcare bill after seven years of talking. By limiting the Executive's flexibility, this bill makes it harder for the United States to strike good deals for the American people, and will drive China, Russia, and North Korea much closer together. The Framers of our Constitution put foreign affairs in the hands of the President. This bill will prove the wisdom of that choice,' Trump said in a statement.

Well Now What ?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
And then released a statement on how flawed this was (yet he signed it?)

Translation: Papa Putin, this wasn't me, bro, this wasnt me.....
edit on 2-8-2017 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Bet those Russians are glad they got him elected.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
And then released a statement on how flawed this was (yet he signed it?)

Translation: Papa Putin, this wasn't me, bro, this wasnt me.....

The way Trump did this is strange but part of the plan.

The doors are open.

BwaaaHaHaHa

Russia got zonked the other day by a U.S./Ukraine "Coal" deal that cuts deep into "Russian" profits.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The title of the article is long and will be chopped.

President Donald Trump signs a bill slapping sanctions on Russia even as he calls it 'seriously flawed' and vents it 'encroaches' on his power – avoiding pubic ceremony

Trump has actually signed the legislation passed by Congress that throws some "heavy" sanctions on "Russia".

Trump has voiced his displeasure points as well.

The possibility is:

The legislation may place illegal restrictions on the Executive Branch (especially "negotiating" restrictions).

Well this can be viewed two (and a half) ways:

1. Trump is mad because it stops some of his "colluding" (sure).

2. It really does limit the Executive Branch (probably).

1a + 2a :: It partly kills off the "Russians did it" narrative.

Conspiracies in the News are fun.

President Donald Trump has signed legislation that slaps sanctions on Russia and limits his own ability to create waivers.

The White House sent out statement by the president after he had signed the bill into law. Trump said despite some changes, 'the bill remains seriously flawed – particularly because it encroaches on the executive branch's authority to negotiate.'

'Congress could not even negotiate a healthcare bill after seven years of talking. By limiting the Executive's flexibility, this bill makes it harder for the United States to strike good deals for the American people, and will drive China, Russia, and North Korea much closer together. The Framers of our Constitution put foreign affairs in the hands of the President. This bill will prove the wisdom of that choice,' Trump said in a statement.

Well Now What ?

Say what you want, but trump did not want to do it and he is "unhappy" about it. If he would not have signed the sanctions what do you think even MORE people would think/know? Here you go, read how he feels about the sanctions!

www.yahoo.com...

edit on 2-8-2017 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

I actually agree the way he "signed" it casts suspicions galore.

It's perfect.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I read the story, it all seems to be about how whoever "feels" about the sanctions. The only real detail I can pick out is a single sentence that mentions "energy sanctions." So what exactly are these sanctions? Are we limiting imports of caviar and vodka?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Well, we all know he wasn't happy about signing, but then we all know that he had not much choice.
So he didn't actually do much er, slapping. Mind you he is a slapper though, clearly he should have just signed it and shut up....his words just cause even more suspicion.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Won't be long before the "he had to sign it" crowds show up.....

NVM....

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The saying be careful what you wish for might best describe what these sanctions are and are not .If they are meant to hurt Russia then fail one .If they are meant to help the US then fail two . If they were brought on with the promise to bring profits to the people that decided to create the law then fail three .

So cui bono ?... Russia ... " Imperial Folly Brings Russia and Germany Together " Pepe Escobar www.informationclearinghouse.info...

" Sanctions, Smoke and Mirrors From A Kindergarten On '___' " www.informationclearinghouse.info...

Just because you have a deep state made up of "smart" people lol doesn't mean they are going to make smart calls .A short history post 911 decisions made should be all you need to understand that they just don't think well . I was going to say right but weather left or right is used it boils down to well and not so much .

So these looser will be left to fix the mess they created just like the bankers were ...oh how is that fix going there bankers ?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The sanctions have had virtually little to no effect because Russia maintains large cash reserves to prop up their economy. They don't have to borrow billions to cover the paper they print on a whim. They also have a higher Gold to GDP ration than even China.

Whatever the sanctions are designed for, they effect Russia's economy negligibly.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The sanctions are a bad idea. All of our allies in Europe wanted us to scrap them. Not only Russia, but the EU has said that they'll retaliate against the US.

Still, given how overwhelmingly they passed Congress, Trump really doesn't have much choice. But he made it clear that he thinks they're stupid.

So, a year from now when we're in the middle of a trade war that's crashed the economy, Trump can point to that signing statement and say "Told you so."

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
So Trump was basically pressured into signing a bill he disagrees with? I thought Trump was a strong and independent president who didn't need no Congress? Oh well, looks like Trump is beholden to Congress like every other president before him. So much for him being different.

The fact that he signed a bill that hurts the American people (according to the article) pretty much proves he's beholden to other people other than the American people and he put their interests before ours. Color me surprised!
edit on 8/2/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
So Trump was basically pressured into signing a bill he disagrees with? I thought Trump was a strong and independent president who didn't need no Congress? Oh well, looks like Trump us beholden to Congress like every other president before him. So much for him being different.

Maybe there's more to it than you think you see.

Heavy rocks fall faster than light rocks.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
CNN's Woof Blister to his Anti-America colleagues on the panel...

"Why did it take President Trump 6 days to sign this? Do you think he's hiding something?"

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm sure there are plenty of things I can't see, like those who are controlling Trump for example. I can't see them but I know they're there.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That's sure to trigger Trump supporters into a frenzy. The media has gotten triggering Trump supporters down to a perfect science.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

LOL
yea that sounds about what the reaction would be ....so sad

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Here ,especially for you

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
Won't be long before the "he had to sign it" crowds show up.....

NVM....

You're a bit slow on it then, most of us who mentioned that said so the day the bill was passed on Capitol Hill.
edit on 2-8-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join