It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cautiously Trying To Come To A Conclusion

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

1mind-control

Are we talking naked, brutal control or simply manipulation? I think it makes us feel better to call it control so that we can feel like we didn't actually have any choice or that we didn't get fooled into doing what someone else wanted.

For actual mind-control, that would take abuse and torture, reprogramming on a scale impractical with what's done to the masses. They just don't have the time, money, effort and private access needed to do that to us.

2psyops

I would classify a psy-op as an attempt at mass mind-control where mind-control is more manipulation than actual naked control. A psy-op would be something like telling the Big Lie in the press to move the Overton Window where they want it and keep it there until people accept certain premises. They are incredibly effective at this.

It's aided by something called bottlenecking in the mass media and other institutions where control is important to messaging and belief.

I realize this is about licensing, but the idea of maintaining control through bottlenecking is in there.

3aliens

If there are actually aliens, God created them too along with everything else out there. It remains to be seen what they would actually be though. As with everything, there are theories floating around.

4language

Language is symbolic. The words we use represent the various things, emotions, ideas, etc., we wish to talk about. If you can control the language used, you can shape the emotions and ideas people talk about, even think about. Look at political correctness with its ideas of substituting certain words or clusters of words for other words. They claim its to make those concepts be "less hurtful," but since using "meantally challenged" to substitute for "retarded" is referring to the exact same thing ... how can it be less upsetting? It refers to the same mental concept?

You see the real purpose when they start saying "undocumented immigrant" to substitute for "illegal alien" or freedom to "worship" to substitute for freedom of "religion." Very close terms that create very different mental images or using a terms many associate with each other that really have very different meanings. Worship is part of religion, yes, but worship what?

5mythology

Everyone will have a different opinion on what this is or isn't. Since I believe that supernatural forces exist, it's good to pay attention to mythology for a variety of reasons.

6consciousness

Is part and parcel of who makes you *you.* It's a characteristic of your soul.

7the essence

No idea here. Not done much looking into this one.

8illuminati & urban legends

There is a lot of difference between the idea of illuminati and urban legends! The idea of illuminati is simply the idea that there is a group of very powerful people working together globally to shape the world solely for their own power and benefit and not for any perceived good of anyone else.

You can get a lot more in depth depending on what kind of spin you want to give that idea, but that's the bare bones of it.

I prefer the more Biblically oriented belief that they are aiding and abetting Satan whose world this is, and they have really only been fully prevented from their goal by the restraining power of the Holy Spirit in the world. When that power is removed at the End of Days, the last Empire will be fully realized and have its time on earth and you will get a full, global governance and it won't be pretty for anyone although it will start out looking that way.

9space[

I like to speculate that the real hope for humans would be to colonize other worlds so we can get away from each other. I don't think we'll ever get there, not really, but I think that's where we should be aiming.

10physics

The one subject in school I never fully took to.

11the forces

No idea

12quantum bs

Again physics is not my strong suit, but there are a lot of interesting things going on. It's just that I struggle to keep up when I read about them.

13other dimensions

About the only way that some supernatural things make sense. Right? If God created the entire universe, he isn't in His own creation. He's outside it. That means he's extra-dimensional and it would follow so would other similar entities (angels, demons, etc.).

14God and gods and the paranormal

See above, But I will say I have believed all my life and have had personal experiences, intense ones, that have re-affirmed my faith. I also grew up in a house that had something wrong in it.

16prediction

I think that occasionally things are revealed to us, but I don't think we are supposed to go trying to actively divine the future ourselves. There is a fine line in there that's easy to cross. And I think there are many forces looking to take truth and twist it if you dig too deep searching so that you go astray.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Of course the religious: "don't go there it's dangerous"... Haha don't take it wrong I value your opinion. Caution is required, but what if God hates us?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: ketsuko

Of course the religious: "don't go there it's dangerous"... Haha don't take it wrong I value your opinion. Caution is required, but what if God hates us?

That's the thing. If you had had the same experience I have, you'd know better.

I've never felt love like that, and I've felt love (feeling I get with my husband and with my son), so I know what the emotion is. But with this experience, it was the same emotion but deep, profound and vast that it so eclipsed my previous experience of it that there are no words and just thinking of the experience still brings tears to my eyes.

*EDIT*

And before you ask, I've experienced actual hatred once too. Wasn't a good feeling at all, and it's something I go out of my way to avoid putting myself in a position to experience again.
edit on 2-8-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

"Raymond Shaw is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life. "

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Good point.
Manchurian Candidate, right?

edit on 2-8-2017 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Honestly, I must ask; what is the point of your OP? I mean this not in a sarcastic way, but what are you attempting to conclude?

You have posted a wide range of topics in the OP ranging from science, to psychology to spirituality and even some bunk. Are you attempting to connect the dots between these subjects? Attempting to show a progression from one to the other?

In many of the examples you've selected one is either a subset of the other, or a product of the other. Some are completely unrelated.

Your focal point seems to be (at least from my perspective, based upon your responses), you have some kind of theory about a god or supreme being concept which you believe may be a hostile entity. So, is your real intent to explore the realities of spirituality by examining some of the various physiological, psychological and scientific constructs which form 'spirituality'...or have I completely missed the point?

edit on 8/2/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Well, yes, that was the source of the quote. However, the point of the response was to illustrate the almost laughable nature of such attempts in reality. I say "almost" because, sadly, there actually were some fairly serious attempts to create exactly this reality, and the people who were allowed to perform these experiments (treating healthy human beings like laboratory animals) were allowed to do so with near complete immunity and anonymity.

ETA...and if you truly want to discuss evil, sick and twisted (self appointed) god-like entities you need look no further than inside the twisted minds of some of the people involved in these so called "experiments".

And, if you really want to go down a rabbit-hole...I believe there is a connection between Richard Condon (the original author of the novel, The Manchurian Candidate) and the JFK assassination. And further, that there is a direct connection between the making of the subsequent movie and something which was supposed to happen, but didn't (or didn't happen the way intended). But again, this is probably way off-topic and the subject of another thread entirely.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

And now every rational person knows the world is such a wonderful fluffy place where this just can't possibly happen...
Haha Thank you for your opinion, I responded nothing will come out of this conversation.
Have a nice life, hope in another thread our opinions won't differ so grately.
I have a feeling you never had a NDE, a UFO, abduction, shadow people, lights, etc?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Not sure where you think we disagree, actually. In fact, I'm not sure I understand the basis of your OP, hence my questions above. They were not intended to be sarcastic, but rather merely observations based on your OP and subsequent responses.

I don't think I've really posted an opinion about your overall conclusion (because again, I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at). I have posted some responses to your points, based almost solely on fact. Some of your initial groupings and observations are simply incorrect, or incorrectly categorized. You requested a response, and I spent time assembling this response. If you were attempting to ask a different question, then perhaps consider clarifying the question you are asking...so people, like myself, don't give you answers which were not the ones you intended to get.

Your OP was posted in 'General', so one cannot conclude the subject of said thread by any other means than reading the OP itself. In other words, it could be about anything. Now, had the thread been posted in 'Religious', or 'Metaphysics', or 'Paranormal' that might be a different story. But as it stands, that is not the case.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Says the guy who doesn't know what a cosmos is...
Sure, you win.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

The World is far from a "wonderful fluffy place", but it is not because some god is conducting some cruel experiment. It is because we humans have shaped society the way it is.

And to your other questions...

- Yes, I have had an NDE, more than one actually.

- No, I have not had a UFO or abduction experience.

- I honestly don't know what 'shadow people' are, but I do have some beliefs in 'shadow government' type subject's.

- Not sure what you're referring to with "lights", but I've seen plenty of unusual light related phenomenon.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Then how can you not get what I am talking about? That. It. The other. The phenomenon.

Did I say running a cruel experiment? How can you believe that me who can't even decide if I believe in other dimensions or consciousness, believes "cruel god with experiments".
Gods is language code for the guys in that phenomenon, the aliens, the shadow people, the mib,...angels or many other synonyms.

You just don't get it.
That one is true, but I can't think for you.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

You weren't defining the cosmos! Your item was entitled "Physics" (something I'm rather familiar with, considering I have a degree in it). You used the cosmos to define physics. This is exactly ass-backwards...physics defines the cosmos.

And, yes, I do "win" on this point!! Care to debate it further???

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

1. Yes, I've read many of them, in detail. In fact, I've done considerable research on the subject. The whole program was complete insanity, and a tragic example of a government program run amok.

Really? Behavioural studies mind control and now also physics? And I am supposed to believe you have experience in all of that?

Sorry I didn't define cosmos I thought it stands for itself.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Then how can you not get what I am talking about? That. It. The other. The phenomenon.

You're not making any sense. I have tried to engage you in some intelligent discussion. You seem to be rambling. I am attempting to focus whatever your point is, but you seem to be all over the place.

Did I say running a cruel experiment? How can you believe that me who can't even decide if I believe in other dimensions or consciousness, believes "cruel god with experiments".

How? Because you've said as much...not once, but twice!

Gods is language code for the guys in that phenomenon, the aliens, the shadow people, the mib,...angels or many other synonyms.

Again...HUH????? What the heck are you talking about? That makes no sense!

You just don't get it.

Yes, you are correct. I do not 'get' what you are trying so say.

That one is true, but I can't think for you.

Also true. And I'm beginning to think 'thankfully' as well.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I am not an expert in mind control, I only have a casual interest in the subject and have done some research.

Physics is something I very much do have experience with.

You can believe what you wish.

ETA...so while were at it here, please do point out a single successful 'mind-control' study where someone has been 'programmed' to do something which would be otherwise diametrically opposed to their moral character, will or general consciousness. I'll be waiting for this one.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I do.
My train of thought Maybe it can explain whatever it is you don't get.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Yes, that clarifies things immensely for me! I assume you wanted me to read back a few pages (which I did) and not just the one response you linked.

I'm torn between schizophrenic and past life memories.
How schizophrenic do you guys feel on a daily basis?

I understand much better now.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I won't apologise for being honest.
Context is key though.
edit on 2-8-2017 by Peeple because: H

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Neither was I mocking your statement.

Just being honest as well.

And yes, context is key.

With that, I think will seize upon this occasion to heed your advice to me from earlier in this thread and...

Have a nice life, ...

Take care.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join