It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug Cartels Fuming at New U.S. Policy Screening 100% of Mexican Cargo Trucks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: TrueBrit

Tunnels, throwers, catapults, climbers, submarines, boats, surfboards, and I am sure far more makes me think the idea of a secure border is simply impossible. I do think that making the main roads crossing the border inaccessible to smugglers with scanning technology will impact the cartels far more than a fence.

Who knows, maybe there will be enough money saved with all the reduction in illegal immigration that they can do both.
God knows any improvement is better than nothing at all. (like the past has shown)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Jesus... He's taking on the CIA AND the Cartels? The ISIS of the South who've been beheading and burning innocent families for decades? Well, i guess he has to take on CIA allies in order to end their limitless funding... Congress could cut their funding and they would be doing just fine with all their "side hustles" going on.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Tunnels, throwers, catapults, climbers, submarines, boats, surfboards, and I am sure far more makes me think the idea of a secure border is simply impossible. I do think that making the main roads crossing the border inaccessible to smugglers with scanning technology will impact the cartels far more than a fence.

No you're right. This is just preperation for war. I imagine drone strikes will be on the table before TOO long...

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

Yeah you are correct. This is only preperations for war. Drone strikes, seal teams, etc, will eventually be on the table.

I would love to see a hellfire up their ASSES...
edit on 8/2/2017 by 3n19m470 because: OOOPS!

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diabolical1972
Trump also stopped arming the ISIS. think from the last administration, he rescinded the offer after he witnessed a 4 year old beheading. I have to find that news article again. Saw two news things about it, but can't get it to load now.

Actually, it was the Syrian rebels we've stopped arming. (Supposedly, we've never armed ISIS.) Trump saw that video, then asked his intelligence guys "WTF?! Why are we supporting guys who do this kind of stuff?" The intelligence guys didn't have a good explanation, so Trump pulled the plug.

About damn time we had someone in Washington with a bit of common sense.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Really? Where are all of these chemical weapons and dirty bomb recoveries or detonations?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I like that they are going to check 100% of all trucks.

They check the trucks and find drugs and size the trucks and sell them and everything in them.
Then the money goes to paying for the searches and equipment to find more drug cartel shipments and makes the government more money that can be used to build the wall..

If trucks owned or used by US companies with factories in Mexico lose there products to bad that is the cost of operating in mexico.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Hmm...

Its interesting you should say that, because all the information that was floating around at the time of his election, showed that Trumps border wall would be the least effective measure, because it deals with the smallest percentage of illegal immigration.

The smallest, tiniest part of the illegal immigrant population, are the ones who actually cross the border on foot, over the fences, under the fences, around the fences or otherwise. The LARGEST part, is those who arrive via aircraft as tourists or on business or education visas, and then overstay. And its also worth pointing out that Trump was making a big deal out of the border, at a time when immigration from Mexico, legal or otherwise, was at a seventeen year low, where the flow of illegal immigration from Mexico was in fact winding down to a relative trickle, as opposed to a gushing torrent.

So the actual amount of difference that is going to be made by this wall, is actually going to be very minimal, to the point where I very much doubt that anyone will notice worth a damn.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: infolurker

Thanks to those people for doing their jobs!

Make our border safe again!

Stoping your government funding and arming the drug barons over the border would go a good way to keep the US safe..

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   
so if the problems solved without wasting trillions on a wall the president can pump the saved money into healthcare

top topics

<< 1   >>

join