It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADVICE - Don't Get Banned Like Me - Learn How ATS Works.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
August 1, 2017

I learned today that the ATS Administrators and Moderators have been very lenient in enforcing many ATS rules to this point. But due to some serious copyright and other infringements, they are cracking down in a big way.

For those of you who haven't yet learned the features of this AboveTopSecret.com, see this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

For 8.5 years I didn't know that I had ATS messages waiting for me from forum administrators and other members. Not until someone posted in a thread that they had sent me a message a few months ago. That's when I found/read the above "ATS Features" thread.

Also, read the T.A.N. (The Above Network) Terms and Conditions at: www.abovetopsecret.com...
After reading the T&C, you'll realize that a lot of Political and Social issues threads contain multiple violations. Thankfully, some leniency/leeway is still granted to those discussions!

Where I got into trouble and temporarily banned from posting today, was from not using "External tags" when doing a copy/paste of external content to a thread. Apparently, simply enclosing your copy/paste content in quotes is not sufficient. It's violating the Terms of Use and is a very serious violation.

Proper way to insert External Content: www.abovetopsecret.com...

One strike with the External Content violation, and your posting ability is frozen. And, if you don't know how to identify that you have a new important message in your forum in-box (like me), you'll think that ATS is under attack or something, because the "reply" buttons disappear, and other buttons don't respond to mouse clicks.

Anyway, just a heads-up to newer, or casual forum members. Go to the General Forum Member section at www.abovetopsecret.com... and you'll find a wealth of information, resources, and tips for getting the most out of AboveTopSecret.com.. and doing so properly.

Cheers!

-CareWeMust

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Dude you've been here a long time. If quoting outside sources why wouldn't you share the source anyways?

edit on 1-8-2017 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I just looked around and saw messages I didn't know I had too lol
The system should send an email when you get a private message.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

You big dummy!! Don't you go gettin' banned. I like having you around.

I'm glad one of the mods let you off the leash.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I've noticed this week especially, some trouble with the PM indicator not highlighting when new messages come in.

Check you messages every hour to be sure.

(I get some real fantastic PMs all the time as many can imagine)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Your post made me look at my own messages. Yep, two messages. One an applause and one from Snarl. Seems it has been going on for at least 3 weeks. One was from 7-7 the other from 7-17.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I am not knocking you, but a few years ago, one weekend I was being a JERK, and no not on political threads. Like one weekend I got drunk a couple of times. Well anyway, the next day(s) I had alerts from mods. I don't remember even what about, but I do know that I said some probably bad stuff. It had never happened before and it has not happened since.

My violations were not like yours, but still not fun, and for me at least embarrassing. Can I go back that far and look? I am going to try. Oh Lordy, I hope they are there! LOL

edit on 1-8-2017 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Yep, uncited material has always been a big no, no here at ATS as far as I know.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Thanks for pointing that out to others, as there are sound reasons behind all of the rules here.

Closed as the OP speaks for itself.

new topics

top topics

join