It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North might be able to hit most of mainland U.S.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Ohanka

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: ketsuko

How do you know that isn't what they're thinking about us as well?

North Korea would be the absolute dumbest country in the history of the world if they attacked the U.S., it is certain death for them and I don't think they're that stupid personally.

How are we any different from NK if we attack first like you say we should?

"They" as in N Koreans, are not allowed to have any thoughts on the matter or anything else, only Dear Leader's thoughts matter in N Korea. If he thinks he can get away with a launch by surviving with his regime propped up by China, there is nothing stopping him, surely not the concern over his slave citizens.

Good thing he doesn't think that then. Even if he did his Generals and Advisors would warn him against such a course of action, probably get rid of him if he tried to do it.

His country isn't propped up by China either. They''re quite close of course, but the country has survived largely on it's own merits since the early 70s.

He fed his Generals to dogs and made the rest of them watch. His Generals don't say anything but yes. His Advisors tell him what China wants.

Which General would that be exactly?

Jang Song Thaek? Not a general (a real one anyway), and he was executed by firing squad.

His advisors might tell him what China wants but I think you'll find there's a bit more to it than that.

Your ignorance on this subject is remarkable.

You know what Kim wants more than anything is probably to maintain his current lifestyle, and starting a nuclear war is somewhat counter to that desire.

There's a lot more to it. He has nukes and he has missiles and he has mobile launchers made in China.

Good for him I guess. The launchers are probably an indigenous design or copy but whatever.

The years of experts telling us it won't ever happen has happened. He will never test a nuke, the UN will have inspectors, he will never get a missile, he will never get am ICBM, he will never test fire successfully, now its he will never attain reentry, he will never miniaturize.

Nobody was saying that other than the Media. The experts knew where this was going.

He just tested his sub launch capability, where tf did he get subs able to launch missiles?

He built them? They've been building submarines for a while now.

By "He" I refer to whatever family dictator that China props up in that rogue nation.

Well China doesn't prop up anyone so this "he" must not exist.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Russia signed a deal to deliver 12 Golf II subs in the early 90s. The deal was supposedly stopped, and the delivered subs were rusted and half sunk, but that still would have given them a pretty big jump ahead in the field of missile subs.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Don't worry, when Trump nukes em it will be China's fault for not controlling their backyard.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: c2oden

People have stated their desire to destroy NK in this thread so I don't see your point about NK doing the same. Also, who are these people asking Kim to destroy America and where did you hear it from?

My point with the Middle East was that the U.S. known to attack and invade other countries, NK is not. That point clearly went over your head.

This reply does not make any sense.
At all.

"who are these people asking Kim to destroy America and where did you hear it from?"

You are out of your league.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Don't worry, when Trump nukes em it will be China's fault for not controlling their backyard.

Oh well I'm sure absolutely nobody in the world will take issue with that.

Least of all South Korea and Japan.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Russia signed a deal to deliver 12 Golf II subs in the early 90s. The deal was supposedly stopped, and the delivered subs were rusted and half sunk, but that still would have given them a pretty big jump ahead in the field of missile subs.

Good ole Clinton probably let that happen when he promised the world UN inspectors will be in N Korea but they could keep their fissile rods. The fact he let them keep the weapons grade stuff makes allowing those subs to be part of the deal all the more believable.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

They would be taking active parts.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Good ole Clinton probably let that happen when he promised the world UN inspectors will be in N Korea but they could keep their fissile rods. The fact he let them keep the weapons grade stuff makes allowing those subs to be part of the deal all the more believable.

Why would the Clinton Administration, or the UN for that matter, care about selling a bunch of rusted old hulks for scrap?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

They are going to fight a war which is counter to their own interests, the outcome of which will almost certainly cripple them?

Yeah, I don't see that happening.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Why would the Clinton Administration, or the UN for that matter, care about selling a bunch of rusted old hulks for scrap?

Go ask Slick Willy, he let them have their weapons grade nuclear materials so if NK wanted sub tech he probably let them have that too. Hell, Slick Willy was the one who gave away missile tech to China. A lot of aiding and abetting going on in any Clinton deals.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

They are going to fight a war which is counter to their own interests, the outcome of which will almost certainly cripple them?

What war? NK gets vaporized, no war.

edit on 1-8-2017 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Doubt that would do much good for South Korea or Japan.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

They'd be relieved, no more NK pointing weapons at them.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Yeah, just nuclear fallout, and at least ten million refugees. Probably more.

South Korea's economy will collapse, and the Japanese one will probably buckle too.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

South Korea's economy will collapse, and the Japanese one will probably buckle too.

Refugees would be China's problem, Japan would be celebrating.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Refugees would be China's problem, Japan would be celebrating.

I'm afraid not. South Korea and Japan would bare the brunt of it.

Although China would probably not be in such great shape either, and mighty annoyed that the US just used nuclear weapons against a sovereign country on their border....

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

If they were dumb enough to fire a nuke, would they risk sending it to the US where the chances of it hitting its target are slim to none? Or would they aim for the target 50 miles away? Even if they launched against the US, they would immediately bombard Seoul in anticipation of a retaliatory strike to annihilate Seoul before they were hit themselves. It takes time for a counter strike to reach N. Korea. Far less time to destroy Seoul while awaiting incoming strikes from the US. And do you really think they don't have sleepers in S. Korea waiting for something to go down and attack their infrastructure? Just like we have plans to attack not just our enemies but all of our allies from Canada and Mexico to all of Western Europe, they too are prepared to initiate plans B. C. D. E. F. G. And on and on. It takes several minutes to implement the order, launch and strike N. Korea. It takes seconds to wipe out everything of significance near the border/ DMZ and the means 10's of millions of innocent S. Korean lives regardless of how swiftly and how powerfully we attack in retribution.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

If they were dumb enough to fire a nuke, would they risk sending it to the US where the chances of it hitting its target are slim to none? Or would they aim for the target 50 miles away? Even if they launched against the US, they would immediately bombard Seoul in anticipation of a retaliatory strike to annihilate Seoul before they were hit themselves. It takes time for a counter strike to reach N. Korea. Far less time to destroy Seoul while awaiting incoming strikes from the US. And do you really think they don't have sleepers in S. Korea waiting for something to go down and attack their infrastructure? Just like we have plans to attack not just our enemies but all of our allies from Canada and Mexico to all of Western Europe, they too are prepared to initiate plans B. C. D. E. F. G. And on and on. It takes several minutes to implement the order, launch and strike N. Korea. It takes seconds to wipe out everything of significance near the border/ DMZ and the means 10's of millions of innocent S. Korean lives regardless of how swiftly and how powerfully we attack in retribution.

You just gave the best reason for preemptive strikes.

If Kim decides to toss a missile at someone, he will start shelling SK in the minutes after he launches a missile.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

It's extremely embarrassing that people think a missile could hit the USA.10 minutes after it launches it will be shot down.

The Koreans have been nuked by the USA I think umm twice in history so they have every Right to defend them selves.
Its sad how many people died from the nuke that the USA dropped on the Koreans.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ImmortalLegend527

When the hell did we drop nuclear weapons on Korea?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join