It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think ATS should ban Political threads

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: belkide

No. I am here to see some space stuff, some alien stuff some tech stuff and some unknown paranormal stuff.

I don't wanna click to specific forums to find new topics besides politics

I don't wanna see a mainpage just full of political stuff.

I don't deserve to click and find the REAL ATS topics. I deserve to see them when I just hit "enter"

There's a word for this..

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Hey I just thought of the solution !!!

Why don't Members simply find some great UFO, 911, and Mystical/SecretSociety topics and post them.

Watch and see the popularity !!

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I agree 1000% I am sick of this just being another political forum, I used to come here to slide down the rabbit hole and get away from that crap.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
Idk if they can trust the advice of a Freemason though.

I wouldn't either, Baphomet told me to post that idea.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

I agree 1000% I am sick of this just being another political forum, I used to come here to slide down the rabbit hole and get away from that crap.

...and you never worked out how to choose your favourite forums?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

What topic are you going to start today?

I like cryptozoology myself.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
You came here for a short period of time and you want massive changes. Seems like you came to the wrong place.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Idk if they can trust the advice of a Freemason though.

I wouldn't either, Baphomet told me to post that idea.

What? Baphomet is back? I thought he was still on vaca in the underworld. I guess in reality he just isn't returning my calls. I must not be sacrificing enough babies.

edit on 8-1-2017 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I think the max is five (unless it changed).

I just ran it up to ten, I think you can do as many as you want.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

No. I am here to see some space stuff, some alien stuff some tech stuff and some unknown paranormal stuff.

I don't wanna click to specific forums to find new topics besides politics

I don't wanna see a mainpage just full of political stuff.

I don't deserve to click and find the REAL ATS topics. I deserve to see them when I just hit "enter"

There's a word for this..

It is interesting to note the first word in each of those sentences is "I". Go with the MyATS solution, "I" use it, as well as the "Live" page. "I" never go to the home page because "I" am not lazy and expect everyone to cater to my whims like a spoiled brat.

But, that's just me.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I agree that there is a significant drop in content that's conspiratorial in nature.

As a matter of fact, I've (personally) witnessed the exact opposite. Rather than "denying ignorance," and "questioning everything," I see quite a bit of ridiculous personal attacks, partisan drive-by attempts, threads that solely exist for the purpose of blaming "the other side," (politically speaking), a massive influx of straight-up trolling (usually through memes), more original posts that read like a tweet rather than what's stated in the T&C's, a complete loss of ATS's "ask me anything," which I personally loved, about zero content regarding space/alien/UFO/cover-up (which originally brought me to ATS), brazenly clear "smurf," accounts (members who create 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc accounts), an absolute shutdown of anything that doesn't fit the current narrative (anything negative of the current government administration is "fake news," "part of the master plan," etc), more calls for military interventionism (although to be fair that's always existed on ATS) and above all:

An absolute disrespect for not only our fellow ATS residents, but our brothers and sisters who we all call this place - Earth - our home.

I remember SLAYER69's badass posts about the ancient world. TrueAmerican's vigorous methods when it comes to earthquakes and interesting threads. Even some of Phage's content, and of course, the obscure threads that have slipped into the void of the interwebz that I still have favorited and go back to read from time to time.

I remember the absolutely INSANE conspiracy theories regarding Obama and what many thought he (and his controllers) were out to do. FEMA camps, Martial Law, Jade Helm, 3rd presidential term - it was at LEAST more original than the brain-dead "oh! triggered libtard," regurtation of propogandists talking points.

ATS used to have some seriously intense and often times eye-opening discussions. I spent countless hours lurking in the 9/11 forums watching segments of ATS expose themselves. I enjoyed many of the threads that were clearly bull.... but still gave you something to chew on.

I miss when ATS used to discuss conspiracies. We still do, but there's ALWAYS a partisan-angle to be played and it's absolutely infuriating how an honest and civil debate can no longer be had because of the sheer immaturity and lack of class that some resident-ATS members show because of pre-conditioned political beliefs.

I've never had a popular opinion on ATS. Hated Obama. Spoke out against him st every turn (without resorting to "he's secretly Osama Bin Laden," like many threads had claimed).

I focused on policies - in particular, his drone legacy, bail-outs, and gun running (Fast and Furious). Also, I attempted to spread the words of Ron Paul and attempted to inform as many folks on ATS as I could about him being the only viable candidate.

I was generally considered a racist gun-totin' backwoods redneck who hated Obama becuse he's black. It was no sweat off my back.

Fast forward to now, and the exact opposite has been achieved. After voting for Ron Paul, and years of expressing my distaste of the previous administration - I, once again, do not hold the popular opinion. No sweat off my back like I said.

But I do find it not only ironic but quite telling. Democrats and Republicans are no different. They claim and boast whatever is popular, trending, and fashionable at the time - but they're exactly the same.

Just as the Bush admin, as is the Obama admin, and likewise with the current Trump admin - I do not support it.

It does make me laugh at how often posters consider me a "liberal," or a "Hillary supporter," because I'm not a supporter of Donald Trump. It goes to show how hyper-partisan people are.

I've never been a fan of Democrats, and I've also never been a fan of conservatives (albeit Ron/Rand Paul do make a hearty exemption).

ATS is a reflection of society, on a very small scale. Many of us said that electing a clown will bring upon a circus.

It's just simply unfortunate that us who have regularly visited ATS for a number of years have to deal with the incessant amount of immaturity and pompous chest-beating this circus has brought.

The powers that be - a topic that is no longer discussed on ATS - undoubtedly have won again.

If you'd like proof, please consult the 54+ page thread regarding a tweet that Trump made. Personal attacks, political affiliation trumping the relationship of fellow Americans - we should all feel incredibly proud, and united.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I know it's put all my ambitions on hold. Setting on 64 ounces of fusion grade Red Mercury, I was hoping to come across the right member to approach, I had a few ideas on who, and then I could off this stuff. It's turning my shed into dust. I need to move it to a new home. But..... all we seem to come up with is .... I hate this, I hate that, Should'a, would'a, could'a, keyboard commandos. Not exactly who I was waiting to come across.

Anyway at this point political griping has morphed into OCD, almost to the point of Bi-polar behavior. Hopefully the future will promise some change and relief.
Hadn't heard anything from Phage recently either which is reason for concern....... oh well, carry on.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

"Be the change you want to be, especially on an internet forum."
-Abraham Lincoln

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
"Be the change you want to be, especially on an internet forum."
-Abraham Lincoln

"Use the My ATS feature. Once I get around to discovering electricity and Al Gore invents the Internet." - B. Franklin

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

WoW !!

You should start a topic in General Conspiracies !!

Can't wait.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

"Politics is for nerds".
-Queen Elizabeth II

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

"Politics is for nerds".
-Queen Elizabeth II

"DBCowboy is a nerd and needs to go on a diet." - Prince William

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

"DBCowboy is a little on the large size, but still smaller than me."
-The Crab Nebula

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Was that a rant turned post? Too bad you didn't make that into thread instead, so I could've addressed it much better than I am right now.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

"DBCowboy is a little on the large size, but still smaller than me."
-The Crab Nebula

"That may be true but I still don't want him to sit on me." - Asia

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join