It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contraceptive Pills Flushed Down Water Drains Cause Transgender Fish

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Problem with Alex Jones, (at least pertaining to this issue) is that he paints a picture where he's claiming that people inside our government, (or the evil "Powers That Be" who secretly control them) are deliberately dumping these chemicals in the environment in order to turn us all into females.

For him, it's always some evil government program designed to hurt the people in one way or another and he always has just the product you need to solve the problem.

Basically, he's just another salesman who uses fear to sell his bulls#*t products to a gullible audience.

Oh yeah, did I mention that he's a bonafide mental case?

ETA: John Oliver did a great piece on Alex Jones and his extensive line of trash talk & products just the other night and if you haven't seen it, it's worth checking out.
edit on 1-8-2017 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: toysforadults

Do you think the rise in mental disorders especially autism is connected to this?

no no no no No , autism is wholly and solely caused by vaccines , did you not get the memo .

Your being sarcastic? Or no? I have read both evidence for and against vaccines cause these kinds of disorders.

Anyway, with all the crap we just throw into the rivers and oceans, who knows what the long term effect will be. This I hope shows you why we are not supposed to dump pills down the drian . Just like global warming, ignore the signs, and the price will be greater the longer no action is taken.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: and14263

You should work for the tabloids.

How do you know i dont . Well i dont in all honesty . I am just sick to death of the anti vaccine crowd . Your kid gets sick and dies from a vaccine preventable disease . Guess what . You murdered them . They claim its their choice , how dare you not give your child the best chance of a long and potentially complication free life .

All I Know is I am taking my friends 13 year old today for his school vaccine...or else no school. I mean the school literally called and said "make sure he has his vaccination records" Not like there was much choice.

edit on 1-8-2017 by kurthall because: add

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Somewhere I read that not only those pills but all medicines are eventually pissed out, making their way to water treatment facilities where they are not filtered out and eventually return to us via the city water supply.

You did....I read this a while back as well....from Scientific American.

They downplay it for the most part in the article, but also say researchers are at odds about the effects it may have.

Link

One of the common culprits is estrogen, much of which is inadvertently released into sewers through the urine of women taking birth control. Studies have shown that estrogen can wreak reproductive havoc on some fish, which spawn infertile offspring sporting a mixture of male and female parts. Researchers at the University of Pittsburgh found that human breast cancer cells grew twice as fast when exposed to estrogen taken from catfish caught near untreated sewage overflows. “There is the potential for an increased risk for those people who are prone to estrogenic cancer,” said Conrad Volz, lead researcher on the study.

What may be more troubling is the mixture of contaminants and how they might interact to cause health problems. “The biggest concern is the stew effect,” says Scott Dye of the Sierra Club’s Water Sentinels program. “Trace amounts of this mixed with trace amounts of that can equal what? We don’t know.”

With such contaminants proving elusive to municipal filtration systems, the burden of protection often lies with the end user. But getting traces of birth control and other drugs out of your tap water isn’t so easy. Of the many different kinds of in-home water filtration systems available today, only those employing reverse osmosis have been shown to filter out some drugs. Some makers of activated carbon water filters claim their products catch pharmaceuticals, but independent research has not verified such claims.

So not only are many getting past, nobody knows what type of effects these drugs have when mixed and apparently there are a LOT of them in the system and they aren't caught by regular filtration and go right back to your home!

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

a reply to: NerdGoddess

Interesting though should science prove a link between what causes someone to feel so fluid and some kind of physical or environmental change, habit.

I donnahavalink, but have we ever heard of 'environmental influences children are raised in? The disruption of family units due to divorce or other factors results in a single part atmosphere where the child might adopt the one parents habits more, influencing them later . If a male child is raised by a single mother he (MAY) adopt more feminine characteristics as he grows up because there was no father identity around to balance him out.

I'm relatively sure thats all crap around here and I will get flamed for it.

Just adding an idea to the thought stream.

One of my best friends from high school is a career marine officer. Happily married, kids raised on or around base. Conservatives. Their son/daughter is Trans.

You can find lots of these circumstances, where the conservative parent had to come to understand their are innate factors. Like with any kids.

People complain about crazy libs. Yet the country is about 50/50....yet the youth is not....amazing. sometimes things are innate.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Anyway, with all the crap we just throw into the rivers and oceans, who knows what the long term effect will be. This I hope shows you why we are not supposed to dump pills down the drian .

They can detect meth in sewerage water so yes we need to be a whole lot more careful . Apparently i live in the hottest meth zone in Australia . Sad really .

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

We have a day each year where the community goes to a certain location to get rid of unused medications. We throw them in a designated dumpster. (I don't know how they dispose of them).

We are asked in particular, to bring unused antibiotics. Those are dangerous too.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622
I understand your point. It's logical and sensible.

I also understand the anti-vaxxer's point - we are putting faith in large business, which usually works to harm us not help us. Their side is promoted as nonsensical and illogical, however if one holds the view that large businesses are largely proven to be run by psychopaths and governments largely proven to be working for their own coffers, then their side becomes more logical and more sensible.

The argument becomes a whole lot different once you have your own kids (you may or may not understand this next step to the argument), you are pressured into putting a fluid into them. As a father I know that most of the food the kid eat is full of crap and hidden chemicals which the FDA insists are ok but most of us know are not ok. So why do I assume this fluid is ok to give my kids?

Anyway, that's all hypothetical.

I can understand both sides of the argument and sympathise with both camps because giving your kids the fluid or abstaining from giving them it -- both are a hard choice to go with.

FWIW I have had both my kids vaccinated. They are so far very bright, healthy and happy.

I have met a couple of people in the past who have had adverse reactions to vaccines, one person's bones fused together - but in both instances the vaccine was a flu vaccine and not a vaccine made for infants.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

We have a day each year where the community goes to a certain location to get rid of unused medications. We throw them in a designated dumpster. (I don't know how they dispose of them).

We are asked in particular, to bring unused antibiotics. Those are dangerous too.

It doesn't end there. Where does the runoff of livestock hormone and anti biotic go? The mother is also possibly blasted with hormones in the food itself we areally learning certain things cross into the placenta.

edit on 1-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

a reply to: NerdGoddess

Interesting though should science prove a link between what causes someone to feel so fluid and some kind of physical or environmental change, habit.

I donnahavalink, but have we ever heard of 'environmental influences children are raised in? The disruption of family units due to divorce or other factors results in a single part atmosphere where the child might adopt the one parents habits more, influencing them later . If a male child is raised by a single mother he (MAY) adopt more feminine characteristics as he grows up because there was no father identity around to balance him out.

I'm relatively sure thats all crap around here and I will get flamed for it.

Just adding an idea to the thought stream.

One of my best friends from high school is a career marine officer. Happily married, kids raised on or around base. Conservatives. Their son/daughter is Trans.

You can find lots of these circumstances, where the conservative parent had to come to understand their are innate factors. Like with any kids.

People complain about crazy libs. Yet the country is about 50/50....yet the youth is not....amazing. sometimes things are innate.

I grew up in a VERY conservative home, went to a privet Christian school. That is why when my dad found out I was gay, he kicked me out. Things are ok with us now, but it took years.

As far as kids, I work with disabled/handicap children. One of my clients is at the Boys and Girls club. He is fantastic and high functioning. The kids at the B&G club have gotten to know me over the past couple of years. More than a few have asked me, if I am married. I at first, was afraid to tell them I have a partner, but I did not really want to lie either. So when asked, I tell them I have a partner. It was amazing at the response I have gotten from the kids. Things like why don't you guys get married? How long have you been together? Whats his name?

Me being 46 I am a don't ask don't tell era guy, and was just shocked and relieved at the responses. These kids don't look at us as any differently than a straight couple.
edit on 1-8-2017 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

You hit reply in the wrong post didn't you .lol. Your gay , i can live with that and so should you .

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I can only imagine how that must feel, being pressured to feel embarrassed about who you are for no real reason other than prejudice.

It's also the reason people need to understand a social contract in America. We are supposed to leave our personally offensive ideas at home and in public be respectfully of each others differences and follow a code of civility to make society please enough for as many as possible.

The enforcement of these ideas unfortunately can be taken over the top and exploited just as the religious right is of the opposite.

It's a good lesson to think about. Maybe not being an extremist is the path of least resistance for everyone around.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Contraceptive Pills Flushed Down Water Drains Cause Transgender Fish

I don't think that is the appropriate way to use them.

~Morpheus

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
Antidepressants located in UK water supply

Effects are being recorded in birds.

A follow-up article covered by The Independent reports that the levels of antidepressants in UK soil features a marked effect on breeding woodland birds, leading to a drop in the UK population of birds. The report, stated that samples taken from earthworms show levels of antidepressants which has lead to a marked effect on bird reproduction.

However, the transgender effect isn't just down to the water supply. There's a lot of weight suggesting the rise of the single mother, disjointed family values and poor relationships between offspring and father are to blame - somewhat.

You're right, those fish just need better family values.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I am not a gay fish!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
Antidepressants located in UK water supply

Effects are being recorded in birds.

A follow-up article covered by The Independent reports that the levels of antidepressants in UK soil features a marked effect on breeding woodland birds, leading to a drop in the UK population of birds. The report, stated that samples taken from earthworms show levels of antidepressants which has lead to a marked effect on bird reproduction.

However, the transgender effect isn't just down to the water supply. There's a lot of weight suggesting the rise of the single mother, disjointed family values and poor relationships between offspring and father are to blame - somewhat.

I've got into some heated debates over this topic in the past on here, I'm not going to get into them again because I usually end up hurting somebody's feelings.

On the bright side, far fewer earthworms are committing suicide by crawling to the surface when it starts to rain.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I stopped believing we can do anything years ago. Life is an experiment. The universe is in constant transition, or change. Thinking on it more positively, the only thing you can't do is stay the same.

Our biggest enemy is fear. Fear of transition. Those who control their fears best--and most cost effectively--will survive better.

This is my response to hte mountains of evidence surrounding us pertaining to pollution and the human presence on Earth.

I think our ultimate destiny is not to exist indefinitely as we're, but to evolve or be replaced by something more adapted. I don't mean merely adapted to the living space, I mean to our technology and knowledge too. I believe it's beyond us to anticipate what these will be.

I'm not a activist. I largely agree with Arthur C Clarke on his point he made below at >8:30, about the evolution to something greater. Note that agreeing with the statement is not the same as embracing. Our future might be trans or posthuman, but that doesn't mean I'll be part of it.

edit on 8/1/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Seahorses are so confused right now...

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I read about this year's ago how we can't filter pharmaceuticals out of the drinking water. It's going to on my get worse with all the crap their pushing now.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

Looks like we've identified a dangerous flaw, or weakness, in our water treatment plants that could probably use a little attention from the scientific community, ASAP.

The cost of improving the water treatment process to include steam distilling in order to remove 99.999 % of minerals Including pharmaceuticals would be gynormous, something they must do in desert regions where there is no surface water flowing, but not here in temperate climates with fresh water lakes and rivers. We read about the horror in Flint Michigan, for instance, the corruption with the gubment about the water supply containing hi levels of lead.

The truths is its like that everywhere.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join