It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contraceptive Pills Flushed Down Water Drains Cause Transgender Fish

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Oh well, no crap. The chemicals are messing up everyones brains. Yeah who woulda thunk it.

Tech Times

Chemicals found in contraceptives and household products that are flushed down the drains are giving rise to transgender fish in rivers. Researchers said that male river fish now turn into females because of chemicals that pollute the water.

Nahhhhh... it's not the chemicals and poison in food.

Exposure of fish to potentially harmful chemicals poses danger to humans as well. Studies indicate that the chemical polychlorinated biphenyl (PCB) that builds up in the fatty tissues of fish may pose health risks to people who often eat contaminated fish. Fetuses and young children are particularly susceptible to the effects of these chemicals on their nervous system.

Do you think the rise in mental disorders especially autism is connected to this?

Most likely not right. Everything is normal. CNN is your god.

I swear, sometimes Alex... sometimes he is on to something.
edit on 1-8-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I'm sorry but as much as AJ entertains me, this headline made me ... anyway what part of the planet are you referring to?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Contraceptive Pills Flushed Down Water Drains Cause Transgender Fish

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Antidepressants located in UK water supply

Effects are being recorded in birds.

A follow-up article covered by The Independent reports that the levels of antidepressants in UK soil features a marked effect on breeding woodland birds, leading to a drop in the UK population of birds. The report, stated that samples taken from earthworms show levels of antidepressants which has lead to a marked effect on bird reproduction.

However, the transgender effect isn't just down to the water supply. There's a lot of weight suggesting the rise of the single mother, disjointed family values and poor relationships between offspring and father are to blame - somewhat.

I've got into some heated debates over this topic in the past on here, I'm not going to get into them again because I usually end up hurting somebody's feelings.

edit on 1-8-2017 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Do you think the rise in mental disorders especially autism is connected to this?

no no no no No , autism is wholly and solely caused by vaccines , did you not get the memo .

link   
Somewhere I read that not only those pills but all medicines are eventually pissed out, making their way to water treatment facilities where they are not filtered out and eventually return to us via the city water supply.

link   

most people dont really know what an endocrine system is so this info will likely go right over their head.

plus...as soon as people get a whiff that youre attempting to link fish to humans youre going to lose a huge part of the audience simply due to cognitive dissonance. I.E. I could get on board with the possibility that fish are being sexually confused due to chemicals in their environment....but dont you DARE imply that the same is possible in humans!

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
On one hand I feel like this is the one time I can tell my mom "see I always knew there was a silver lining to never taking my BC" ...........

On the other hand, I don't actually see it as a silver lining or anything because I guess i wouldn't really care if my 2 year old decides in 10 years he wants to wear makeup and dresses. W/E

Interesting though should science prove a link between what causes someone to feel so fluid and some kind of physical or environmental change, habit.

-Alee

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

You son has a 40% chance of committing suicide.

Good odds I guess, at least you have a lot of open mindness right?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Interesting though should science prove a link between what causes someone to feel so fluid and some kind of physical or environmental change, habit.

I donnahavalink, but have we ever heard of 'environmental influences children are raised in? The disruption of family units due to divorce or other factors results in a single part atmosphere where the child might adopt the one parents habits more, influencing them later . If a male child is raised by a single mother he (MAY) adopt more feminine characteristics as he grows up because there was no father identity around to balance him out.

I'm relatively sure thats all crap around here and I will get flamed for it.

Just adding an idea to the thought stream.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

You son has a 40% chance of committing suicide.

Good odds I guess, at least you have a lot of open mindness right?

My 2 year old has a 40 percent chance of committing suicide?

Sure buddy. I read your post but I don't think you read mine.

-Alee
edit on 8/1/2017 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I was fishing the other day and caught a crossdressing crappy. I'm told it's not the same as being transgender.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
There's more to be said for the lack of a father figure.

It's a bit Freudian however I believe there's weight behind it - the male child grows up without a father figure and compensates for this later in life by creating a relationship with other males. It's not a conscious relationship creation - the male doesn't think "I had no dad so now I'm going to look for a boyfriend". It's a subconscious shift over a long time in what the ale finds as attractive - subconsciously he needs a father figure (or at least some male influence) so the subconscious effects the conscious, the result is a male attracted to another male. Motivation hidden in the subconscious.

Add in the mother figure raising the male and influencing behaviour (as you rightly typed) and it becomes a bit more of a weighty theory.

However, homosexuals will, in the main, disagree. Because these motivations are subconscious the homosexual believes he was born this way. I personally disagree.

This is not a sweeping generalisation although it sounds like it. There are millions of exceptions to every rule. There are hundreds of examples which go against this theory. However the research is there, the data has been collected and is easily found. I have previously posted many sources on the topic. In fact, it would be interesting to see if new research has been published.

I have an interest in this subject and am not homophobic. I was raised by a single mother and although I am not attracted to the same sex I was, in my youth, very 'in touch with my feminine side', as they say. This has been suppressed/outgrown by my lifestyle choices, outside influences as I grew up and an innate masculine competitive edge to survive; which results in a more masculine character.

Also, the women love a bloke who can make stuff from wood AND be sensitive

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I donnahavalink, but have we ever heard of 'environmental influences children are raised in? The disruption of family units due to divorce or other factors results in a single part atmosphere where the child might adopt the one parents habits more, influencing them later . If a male child is raised by a single mother he (MAY) adopt more feminine characteristics as he grows up because there was no father identity around to balance him out.

I'm relatively sure thats all crap around here and I will get flamed for it.

Just adding an idea to the thought stream.

I'm not sure, and additionally I was raised in a family that never separated/divorced as well as the family that I started is whole and seems like it will remain that way so I have no personal experience to offer a viewpoint- interesting still!

-Alee

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

no no no no No , autism is wholly and solely caused by vaccines , did you not get the memo .

People who think this is what "anti-vaxxers think" are stupid, aggressive idiots with an agenda. I hope that you're not one of those people oversimplifying the dangers of vaccinations.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: apydomis

No your right vaccines are bad .

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: apydomis

No your right vaccines are bad .
---

You should work for the tabloids.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Somewhere I read that not only those pills but all medicines are eventually pissed out, making their way to water treatment facilities where they are not filtered out and eventually return to us via the city water supply.

Exactly!!

It's not just birth control and it's not just hormones that are getting dumped into the environment.

When it comes to hormones, anyone who is on hormone therapy, including men on testosterone therapy are also contributing to the contamination. I even read where certain diabetes treatments also contain a substance that has effects similar to estrogen when released into the environment.

Not to mention all of the various pain killers, anti-depressants, anti-psychotics, anti-anxiety drugs, chemotherapy drug cocktails, etc., etc., that make their way through our bodies and into the environment. And let's not forget all of the topical ointments and creams that get washed down the drain when we bathe as well. (Some testosterone therapies are topical)

And....if you live in a coastal city as I do, affluent water from our sewage treatment plants is released directly into the seawater where I would imagine, it affects most everything living there including the fish we eat.

Seeing how somewhere around 75 or 80 percent of our population lives in coastal areas, it only makes sense that something's gotta give.

Looks like we've identified a dangerous flaw, or weakness, in our water treatment plants that could probably use a little attention from the scientific community, ASAP.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

If I remember right, there have been studies of these effects (from contraceptive pills, hormones, etc) which enter the hydrological loop either through folks flushing or throwing the things out in the nature, or simply - peeing them normally (yes, some of these chemicals are persistent).

So, the transgender effect on humans is of a greater concern - effects on animals have been proven so far. It is not that long stretch to see connection of growing number of cases, and accumulation of all sorts of unintended goodies in our soil.

Then again, what to do about it... That is a tough call. The jini is out of the bottle already...

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

You should work for the tabloids.

How do you know i dont . Well i dont in all honesty . I am just sick to death of the anti vaccine crowd . Your kid gets sick and dies from a vaccine preventable disease . Guess what . You murdered them . They claim its their choice , how dare you not give your child the best chance of a long and potentially complication free life .

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join