It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do the missing trillions go to off world civilizations or secret space programs?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Well, that clears that up then. Was it Iron Man?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

nah not that cool, I wish

even with a security clearance there was a lot we didn't know going on

edit on 2-8-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   

No... you are the one making little to no sense.

You are talking about colonisation of space. If you want to talk about that, you HAVE to talk about colony ships, because anything small enough to be comparable to the size of a regular rocket, even a Falcon 9 Heavy, is going to be too damned small to carry the necessary payload, to equip a colony with what it needs to even get started on building infrastructure, even on a planet with an Earthlike atmosphere, leave alone on a planet where the atmosphere is not Earth standard.

Anything with a standard method of propulsion, which does not violate the laws of physics as we know them, will not be fast enough to be able to provide return runs to resupply or provide new equipment to this colony either, and you still have the problem of frame of reference issues and time to consider where return runs over long distances are concerned.

So not only are you failing to take the basics of spaceflight into account, from the launch to the payload requirements, but also failing to take into account the problems involved with traversing the huge distances between here and wherever the hell your colony is supposed to be.

Then you come back at me, after I point out how utterly unsupportable your position is, by talking about your work, which has the same relevance to deep space travel, as lettuce does to the function of a nuclear bloody weapon. Now, if you want to attack me for doing my due diligence as a thinking person, and demanding you show me the slightest bit of non-circumstantial evidence to back up what you have suggested, some proof that what you are suggesting has EVER been possible by the standards of the technology which actually exists on Earth, not the product of a fevered imagination, but an actual technology, then fine, attack away. If you HAVE such proof then I am all ears, but until then, you are just pissing into a storm force wind here.
edit on 2-8-2017 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Building ISS in space

There are flights to take up new parts of the Station, but other flights are also necessary; some bring supplies, such as oxygen, food and water, others exchange the permanent crew, and every six months or so the Station's 'lifeboat' must also be replaced.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Ah yes, the ISS...

The systems of which would not be anywhere near sufficient to provide for anything you could reasonably call a colony. More to the point, the object is visible to the naked eye as it traverses through the sky, and would be readily trackable by amateur observers, even without instructions as to where to find it in the sky, at what time, from what location and so on.

And by the way, the ISS has no proper engine on board. It has power facilities, but no actual engines. Its movement in space is done via the use of propellant gas, which is expensive. They have recently been able to perform a zero propellant orientation shift, which rotated the station through one hundred and eighty degrees.

But that has nothing what so ever, to do with a colony ship meant to support life over massive distances, and propel itself through the depths of space at such a speed, as to mean it might arrive before the occupants are so aged that they could never complete the creation of a settlement.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   

to do with a colony ship meant to support life over massive distances

yawn boring.... moving on

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Oh, I do apologise for boring you.

Perhaps you should join a science fiction forum instead, if things are getting a little too granular for your tastes.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   

quote the title for me

"they couldn't possibly be lying or hiding anything"

Oh can you quote where I limit my entire assertion to 1 singular point of view or idea such as building a ship colony ship and flying off the earth?

you are making it up as you go a long you are not even relevant to the OP
edit on 2-8-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   

For what?

You are the one who has been pushing this colonisation, outer space civilisation nonsense, despite the physical impossibility of any such thing being issued from this planet, regardless of the amount of money poured into it, or not. And all I have done, is pointed out the huge list of reasons that your angle is bunk.

Thats legit, and well within the realms of what we are talking about here. Its very much on topic.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   

it's easily possible that the world governments could work together and build a base on the moon in 48 years

AND OR (XOR)

a secret space program

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

But it is not possible that it or anything like it, exists NOW, or has been in the works for any significant period previous to now. That would be fundamentally impossible. The technological know how required JUST TO PERFORM THE JOURNEYS NECESSARY DOES NOT EXIST YET!

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   

The technological know how required JUST TO PERFORM THE JOURNEYS NECESSARY DOES NOT EXIST YET!

oh right, and how in the hell do you think you know that? oh wait you don't...

like what? like your Enterprise ship that YOU keep bringing up?

meh boring over it

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

it's easily possible that the world governments could work together and build a base on the moon in 48 years

AND OR (XOR)

a secret space program

Not without people knowing about it. It's a major undertaking requiring supplies manpower and equipment. Just maintaining a base on the moon would require monthly launches and is a major expense. Sorry but only in science fiction is it easy reality is that in our world preparation and planning are required. It would start by building a ship bigger than any mankind has ever bilt.
edit on 8/2/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure people would notice unscheduled flights going somewhere to supply an off world colony.

Is it possible? No.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

I'm pretty sure people would notice unscheduled flights going somewhere to supply an off world colony.

Is it possible? No.

Bahahaha.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Is it possible? No.

Bahahaha.

Yep. That pretty much sums up the idea of this thread.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

the idea of a potential secret space program??

bleegggghhhh

yeah that could never happen, they would never have any secrets

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   

It's literally impossible to keep secret.

Unless you're saying all amateur astronomers are in on it too?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   

How in the hell do I think I know that?

Because of places just like ATS, where once upon a time, there were people who, without the support of university funding or any officialdom, constructed astronomical observatories with gear including large, powerful telescopes, radio telescopy equipment, the ability to observe the sky in many wavelengths, methods, and so on.

This planet is covered with people who, quite without any involvement or awareness on the part of governments world wide, have, together, an all encompassing view of the sky, and what happens in it. If someone powered up an exotic engine within this solar system, someone would know about it a few light minutes later.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

How in the hell do I think I know that?

Because of places just like ATS, where once upon a time, there were people who, without the support of university funding or any officialdom, constructed astronomical observatories with gear including large, powerful telescopes, radio telescopy equipment, the ability to observe the sky in many wavelengths, methods, and so on.

This planet is covered with people who, quite without any involvement or awareness on the part of governments world wide, have, together, an all encompassing view of the sky, and what happens in it. If someone powered up an exotic engine within this solar system, someone would know about it a few light minutes later.

The biggest problem is building tools would need to be made just for this task. For example a drill used in space friction will cause it to get hot. But we have a problem their is no way to dissapate that heat their is no atmosphere to transfer heat to. Same with drilling in say an asteroid like in that movie. In the real world the drill bit would have fused to rock within a couple of minutes. Many of the difficulties could be overcome but would require planning and support on a huge scale. And most of all require special equipment to be manufactured.

Do you know why many moon probes failed they made them to operate on earth. Where we have an atmosphere that provides pressure and more importantly removes heat. Anything operating on the moon needs a cooling system. Even our space suits require it. Building in space is a monumental undertaking and will invove 100s of thousands of people. It would make the Apollo missions look small in comparison.
edit on 8/2/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join