It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pretty good 'ghost' clip caught on dashcam in Northern Ireland

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
If you watch very closely in the slow motion portion of the video, watch his legs as he goes thru the gate. You can see the definite straight edge of the concrete as his legs pass behind it, right as he goes thru the gate.

And you will also notice just how tall that gate is - no need for him to duck to get thru it.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I might take a drive and have a look

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Star for you. Whilst I can obviously see the debunk in terms of the gate, that's not what it looks like when it's walking through it, and it does seem to be wearing historical clothing.

Either way, it was a good find and an excellent video. I too believe in ghosts and have encountered them, so I will rule nothing out, although I also accept that our eyes can be deceived..

But yeah, still think the vid has a strangeness about it

S&F to OP

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: biggilo

yes, please do..

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
If you go to google earth, there is a gate right there.

that was my exact first thought... a gate at an angle that makes it blend in.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: destination now
a reply to: DupontDeux

well if you think that gate is 8 foot, then the info board must be about 6 foot, rather unlikely. I used the google view to look at different angles and it really doesn't look like a normal gate and there is definitely a continuous railing, which is rather unusual for a gate

The person in the video was clearly shorter than the top rail of the gateway.

Most modern household doors are 6'-8" to 7'-0" at best, so it really isn't that unusual for a gateway to have 7 feet-ish of clearance.

Even if it is lower (say around 6 feet) and a person taller than the figure in the video would need to duck...then so what? You could ponder all you want about the sensibility of such a gate design, but that does not change the fact that the gate really is designed that way -- as we all can see just by looking at it on Google Street view.

Ima ge

edit on 2017/8/2 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

Yeah well, whatever, but as this has been unceremoniously dumped into the hoax bin, with no evidence of it being an outright hoax...someone mistaken perhaps, but I see no reason that this thread is any different to any others in the paranormal section, which are subjective at best and often filmed deliberately to perpetrate a hoax, yet they are allowed to remain in the paranormal section. I don't have anything else to add.

Contacted the mods twice about this..have been ignored...

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Bumping..as I really don't think this should be in hoax

No..it may not be paranormal, but as far as I am aware, no one has come forward to say this is a deliberate fake video..ok..so there is a gate (though tis a really weird gate) that does not mean it is not paranormal and definitely does not mean it is a hoax

would really like to know why it was decreed to be a hoax????

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: destination now
Bumping..as I really don't think this should be in hoax

No..it may not be paranormal, but as far as I am aware, no one has come forward to say this is a deliberate fake video..ok..so there is a gate (though tis a really weird gate) that does not mean it is not paranormal and definitely does not mean it is a hoax

would really like to know why it was decreed to be a hoax????

Because someone has set up a camera to perfectly frame someone else who is pretending to be a ghost. The camera is also set up perfectly to obscure the gate.

the only motivation behind these two points is to deceive other people.

To purposely deceive is to hoax.

Thread closed because sometimes you just have to wonder.
edit on 8-8-2017 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Well, half the threads in the paranormal forum should be in hoax then..most of the alleged poltergeist ones at any rate, where people have clearly set up cameras and staged items flying around..but nope..

And I'm still not sure why you think this has been deliberately set up. Have you got a link that proves your theory?

Yet again, I'm not saying it is genuine, but why it has been decided that this is a deliberate hoax and why many threads in the paranormal section haven't ended up here is what is baffling me.

But tbh don't really care anymore, I used to enjoy posting in the paranormal forum because it did allow for speculation and benefit of the doubt, people could choose to believe or not...not anymore it seems

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: destination now
Speculation and debate over quality material is indeed great for the mind.

However, touching the other end of the scale, speculation over poor framed material is bad for the mind, it leads us down dead ends.

Of course, I will fail miserably to provide you any source or link to my claim (other than the Google earth image which has been posted a few times over) this is a hoax. However, I point you to my replly in the duplicate thread. There are some times when we have to let common sense step in and not allow ourselves to be whisked away in fantasy that is so obviously just that.

Much effort has gone in to the framing of the scene, to cover the gate, to centre the ghost, that common sense leans strongly towards a hoax.

But don't let one thread stop you caring, let it spur you on, look for better examples and bring them to the fold. I'm happy to get sucked into the paranormal. That scouser who posted his poltergeist vids - we did some good research on those and found some good results. But this? It's not worth any more text.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join