It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pretty good 'ghost' clip caught on dashcam in Northern Ireland

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Now dont chastise me too hard if im missing something that makes this an obvious hoax, im watching on a phone screen.
This recording alledgedly captures a figure crossing the road in Armagh, Northern Ireland.
Im still open on this one. Im watching on a small screen, but it does appear to cast a slight shadow, which seems to match the translucency of the figure. Another pro, is that the figure remains a black mass, with no specific details outside of the shape of the silhouette, which matches countless reports of alleged witnesses, myself included witnessing a similar phenomenon for the first time a few weeks ago.
What I dont like, is we can't see what was happening immediately before he appeared. The clip quite literally starts as the figure becomes visable.
Let's hear the pros and cons!

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real

If you go to google earth, there is a gate right there.

Link

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Luckiest cameraman ever, huh?

It does cast a slight shadow

The way it walks doesn't look right

Looks very solid to be a ghost

These are my observations

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Case solved already, well done

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   
What a shame

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
To be fair though, it doesn't really look like it's walking through the gate, more just sort of merging and disappearing into the wall. Looks like a strange hat it's wearing, almost like a Tri Corner hat. Also I agree it does walk quite strangely.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

The more I look at that on google street view, the less it looks like a gate as the railings continue where the gateway is supposed to be. You'd have to duck down to get under it. Maybe it was once a gate, hence the break in the wall, but it does look like the railing just continues on with no gap.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

Link

We should have a solved bin for stuff that is not (provably) downright hoaxes, yet obviously dismissable.
And we should put this there!

Well solved!

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

In the video, the person crosses the street th the point where the railing on the sidewalk ends. In the Google pic, the opening is beyond that point.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: destination now

The more I look at that on google street view, the less it looks like a gate as the railings continue where the gateway is supposed to be. You'd have to duck down to get under it. Maybe it was once a gate, hence the break in the wall, but it does look like the railing just continues on with no gap.

There is obviously, visibly a gate - there is even a very visible info-platter for visitors to the church. And it is a tall gate, that you do not need to duck to go through. You can see from both the video and from Street View that the that the fence is some 8 feet tall.

1)
If not it is a tiny, tiny man, it must be that high, since it is a lot taller than he is.

2)
In street View you can compare the height of the fence to both the cars and to the raised doors opposite it.

3)
Also logic. Why on earth would you make it so you would have to duck to get in?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

Don't know if it is solved though. That's a rather strange gateway that has a railing across it, meaning that most people would have to duck to get under it.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

well if you think that gate is 8 foot, then the info board must be about 6 foot, rather unlikely. I used the google view to look at different angles and it really doesn't look like a normal gate and there is definitely a continuous railing, which is rather unusual for a gate

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: destination now

Here is the vantage of where the video is taken. Can you tell that there is a gate there? Especially if the quality was as bad as the video is? You do not have to duck to go through the gate.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Link

/thread

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
(Post deleted.)
edit on 1-8-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I still find it odd that there is a continuous railing over the gateway, not saying you're wrong, but I haven't seen a gateway into a church or similar like that. A high security gate, yes, but not on an entrance like that. Though yet again, sometimes google street view gives a strange dimension to things that look totally different in reality, so maybe the railing isn't in a continuous line, or as low as it looks when you zoom in on street view.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
If you look at the video, there does not appear to be any kind of gate at the spot where the ghost walks thru the wall.

If you look at this picture, from the vantage of where the horrible quality video is taken, you cannot see the gate there either. Go to google earth and check it out for your self.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
For those decrying there is a gate there . Ghosts can go through gates ,too

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Link

After watching a few times I though, I wonder if there is a little pathway there...... So THANK YOU for doing the work for me because I would have just left it at the thought and carried on.

-Alee

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Well, yeah, it could be some guy in period costume strolling through the gate, but that doesn't solidify the "solved" even though finding the gate was some nice vetting.

But whoever it is is wearing what looks to be riding boots, frock coat and tri-corner hat and , though hard to say due to so-so vid quality, appears to be translucent at times.

I am 'biased' because I know ghosts exist (whatever they turn out to be, really) and so know some of these are legit, even if this one IS a hoax or mistake.

Fun find, so thanks for the thread... either way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join