It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Go Help a Friend (?)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
A friend...two small children, fallen on hard times, but refuses to give up. Trying to raise some cattle and a couple horses (horses, why I dunno).

Just bad luck after bad luck. Moved to the place of his dreams and ... nothing but bad ju-ju.

In desperation, bought a sickly bull calf (wannabe steer), just to feed the family. It's not doing well. (We raise cattle here).

I'm ready to jump in my truck, hook up the trailer and head up there. It's 11 hours. He doesn't want any help, but he's a good, honest man.

He's tried so hard, never declared bankruptcy or hardship, just keeps trying. Dammit! Just has a black cloud hanging over him. No matter what he tries, it just goes wrong, and he's such a talented guy too.

I've always been of the mind life is what you make of it, but this guy's experiences are different. He just can't win. No matter how hard he tries.

So.... I'm thinkin' he needs a cowboy intervention, he needs some help. Maybe we should roll with the stock trailers, horses and such, just to give him a helping hand.

He bought this calf, to raise up and process. Now, it seems the animal has become a "pet", the last thing he needs.

Out on the plains, alone, one night, we've all had a moment of clarity. So many are misguided, even if just a little bit.

Sometimes the desire to just saddle-up and help another is just overwhelming.

Probably wrong, I know, but I can't help it. It is my 'Wyoming way'.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Saddle up and go help a friend... it's what you really want to do , and you never know what sort of boost it could mean to your friend.

Do it 🙂

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
DUDE YOU NEED to allow your hand to heal first. Your not Longmire!! Just chill. You cannot save the world, especially if your hand heals the wrong way. Or has your hand already healed... was that awhile ago??

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

You're a good man. Help, if you believe it's needed, any way you can! Get some like-minded folks together, if necessary. and go see what can be done. He's not asking, but with a lot of bad luck, he needs the help. That and some prayer, to get through these hard times.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

It's not full-on better yet, but it's getting better. It's hard, being my right hand and all.

In any case, this is part of the reason why. Here is a good man, who needs some help; he's not asking anyone, but I know where he is (emotionally, physically and financially). A simple hand injury cannot stop me from helping another person truly in need. I'll make due.

Truth be known, I have been wrapping it at night to immobilize it and that has helped. It's feeling better. I still don't want to take any nosedives over a steer yet, but it is getting better.

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Is there anyway you can help without using your hand ? ....like maybe shipping him some stuff ? ....or if you insist on going there, then bringimg canned - jarred foods for his family . And some bails of hay for the cow....something you can lift with one hand . Also, if you go, sage his house and him to get rid of the black cloud and negative energy there.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Well you know more than anybody what shape your hand is in. I know a few people that I would move hell and high water for no matter my condition. Whatever you can do to help, I hope it goes a long way. To the horizon and beyond!

Everytime you talk about your your home state, I imagine Longmire. Even though its based in Montana and filmed in New Mexico, thats what I see.

The guy that just tackles the challenges and always comes out on top!

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

Right now I'm torn between trucking tons of hay and/or just kidnapping my large animal vet for a day or two.

The bales of hay we use weigh 900 lbs at the very least, not something to use your hands on.

Lord knows, this is a good man. He's done so much, and tried so hard, I just can't believe how bad life has treated him. He's been beat up for so long, and he just keeps on going. I used to laugh at him, unlucky and all...now I'm not laughing. It's just too unbelievable, way beyond simple "murphy's law"...this just isn't fair.

Oh, I'll do something. I just need to figure out...what.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

You're a good man and this guy has found a good friend in you. I love to hear heart warming stories. I wish your friend and his family all the best.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Where are you? Or more to the point, where is he?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
True friends rare in todays world .
When one need help stand by them .
Make the ride and give your friend a hand . Hope things get better for him .

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

Does it really matter??? Where are YOU?

I'm in Colorado. He's in Montana. It's a long ways ...(to the top if you wanna rock & roll).

edit on 8/1/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Because I'm in Montana. And if we are close by, we can help. I am in the NW right now, we have a 2nd ranch east of Helena.
edit on 1-8-2017 by Leonidas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Ennis, I think. (not sure how to spell it)

edit..big pull from here.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   

So he is likely in the Southwest.

It's a hike for both of us. What do you think he needs/will accept?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas

So he is likely in the Southwest.

It's a hike for both of us. What do you think he needs/will accept?

I think, a little help, some guidance, care for some animals. (He's a trucker, just trying to make his way for his family). Maybe a shoe or two. Maybe some doctoring and TLC on a steer (who's becoming a "friend" and not a steak). Maybe some distance. Maybe a fence post or two. Maybe some piece of mind.

He's a good guy.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
It is pretty dry in the SW these days. Tough to make a go of it without irrigation or great water rights.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Well, I grew up in the high deserts of SW Wyoming, and we raised cattle there, but whatever.

Anyway, I guess I'll take that as a "No".

ETA...ain't nothin' easy about cattle! Irrigated land, water rights, or not.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Take what as a 'no'?

I am not calling my vet at midnight to see if has a trader down there. I will do it in the morning.

Take the day off.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   

No worries, you don't have to do anything at all.

I'm not even sure what the timing is anyway.

Didn't mean to make you think there was some obligation...there isn't. (obviously)

Thanks!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join