It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Feinstein Makes Shocking Admission About Obamacare

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

The ACA was such a crazy complicated Ponzi scheme, that even the attorneys working in Congress couldn't understand it at the time. The U.S. tax code is like that too.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
@ $3,000 for many of the people where that deductible is a problem, they are both life altering calamities. What does it matter if they can't afford $30,000 when they cannot even afford 3,000 ?? For many that is a bill they will never pay whether you add a zero or not.

With that in mind, many would just skip the premiums for the extra pocket cash and fail to pay either amount after treatment.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
@ $3,000 for many of the people where that deductible is a problem, they are both life altering calamities. What does it matter if they can't afford $30,000 when they cannot even afford 3,000 ?? For many that is a bill they will never pay whether you add a zero or not.

Why is that? Haven't you ever heard of repayment plans?

With that in mind, many would just skip the premiums for the extra pocket cash and fail to pay either amount after treatment.

Well I guess that is between you and your credit. Though charging off $30,000 is a lot more harmful to your credit than $3000. Though if faced with a $3000 bill versus a $30,000 bill I'd be more willing to attempt to pay off the $3000 bill before the $30,000 bill.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Hell, I prefer the idea of HSAs and "catastrophic plans" as a better approach to healthcare, so I'm all for the high-deductible idea. Such a system would really get our wallets back in touch with our care providers and cut out the insurance industry altogether, for the most part.

But, alas...

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: XxitsTtimexX

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: xuenchen

We have "insurance", employer sponsored that I pay over 500 per month for.
This year already I have paid over 5k out of pocket to meet deductables. Two visits to the er, one for my sons sprained ankle( which was horribly swollen and I thought he had broken), and one for my wife who had gotten a nasty case of bronchitis and laryngitis at the same time. We have a savings account and were able to pay these. I do not think most americans do. I also think 5k for an ankle xray, an ace bandage, and some painkillers, and a chest xray and some antibiotics is very cost effective for the hospital but not for us.
Those in congress would be wise to get this fixed.
People vote with their pocketbooks first, and fixing obamacare was a tentpole for both POTUS candidates and parties.
A third party with this issue alone could get traction enough to break the whole 2 party system.

This is what I am nervous about I just got a new job and I need to enroll for health insurance one plan is $160 a month with a $1,500 deductible the other is $30 a month with a $3,000 deductible those are my two choices and I honestly do not think I could afford either of them, plus my vision insurance is tied into these plans and I actually need that.

garbage is in the eye of the beholder. My best deal is buying a $400 policy through my wife's work, which I have a $5000 deductible before the insurance picks up the first penny, then they cover 75%. SO before I can use my $400 a month insurance, I need to have already spent 5k out of pocket. I'd gladly take your situation. Sadly, the #tards who champion Obamacare are all on some super cheap plan they get through their proctologist or something. I can't understand why more of the left isn't paying what I am.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

i agree

they are going to get X amount from you one way or the other

either through higher premiums or crazy deductibles

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey
I'd say that the best course of action is to not completely rework the health care industry again. The ACA did enough damage. Removing it will make things worse no matter how you feel about the ACA or what you feel like should be the system in place. We need to fix the system in place now.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The point is the mindset of these folks. Many are still on that old belief that you just ignore the bill and move on with your life. Some of them may attempt a repayment plan. However, too many do not care regardless and already have # credit. In fact, I have met dozens of people who lol at the concept at credit as they were born at the bottom of life and live their life day to day moving and hustling with cash only.

Some of them intentionally rack up tens of thousands on accounts in their name for a little bit of cash paaid to them by others for discounted stuff. The idiots just treat the credit as free money and sign-up their accounts with disposable contact info. These specific people obviously are moron scammer and only a small segment of population who will not pay their hospital bill.

I am simply trying to explain that their are entire segments of our population where credit is of no relevance to them, and are going to skip out on any and all hospital bills. Some of them will be honest working people who are not part of crime, but just the way they live it does not matter the financial responsibility. As long as they are treated in the present, the will ignore and never prioritize for the $3,000 bill.

I myself had $10,000 maximum out of pocket from my employer coverage when I was hospitalized in 2011. However, since it was a car accident, I had a max $10,000 payout from the auto insurance (wow I guess its good for something after all) which covered that. Insurance paid the other $125,000 (adjusted from an initial $250,000). I had to come out of pocket for another vehicle though.

I think all I had to pay was anesthesia and the paramedic ride. Thats was like just under $1000 combined. That was me getting lucky. If my accident was anywhere but my car, I would probably still be paying that $10,000 to this day, not that I would have prioritized it though.

I have been uninsured since 2015, I don't pay a penalty either. Thankfully I have no chronic or pre-existing conditions.
I have not seen a physician since 2011, or a dentist for that matter. I would not mind dental insurance though, is that expensive I never really looked it up? I mean I have yet to have a cavity in my adult life though and my smile is frequently complemented by others. But it would be nice to get those deep cleanings just to be thorough. I had one once, my gums felt better than they ever had!

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

That's why I said that is between you and your credit. If you don't mind taking the hit to your credit, then what's to be done? But MOST people do care about their credit score.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I love my credit, thats for sure. In a society where Credit may as well be your financial blood, its probably never a good idea to adopt the idiot mindset some of these fools do. Its many of those same people though that cannot afford a 3k deductible and will continue to ignore it.

If this was a plan to get us all on single payer, than I would like to see that sooner than later. I have long been supportive of that type of system which seems to work quite well, or at least much better in our friendly nations, as well as many of our rivals.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I really doubt the narrative that this was all done intentionally to get on single payer. The way this went down is that Obama had a plan but was willing to compromise with Republicans and adopt facets from Romney's plan in Massachusetts (this is why the GOP can't think of a more palatable conservative version of the bill; it's already conservative in nature). The ACA is actually a lot like what France has, which believe it or not, works just fine. This says that if we implement the ACA right it too could work. HOWEVER, a bunch of red states refused to accept the Medicaid expansion and forced the people who live there onto the federal exchanges then they turn to this as evidence the bill is failing when in reality it is self-sabotage.

If the ACA was truly setup to be single payer healthcare as the end game, then it is the GOP that is trying to get this accomplished, not the Democrats. The GOP are the ones continually trying to break it and point to that as why the bill won't work.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Agree to disagree, but I think that we already knew that

I'm not opposed to making things temporarily worse (which may need to be subsidized for a couple years, tops) in order to reset the system to something better...kind of akin to the whole Revolutionary War mentality, but obviously not nearly as dramatic (or deadly, no matter what some on the left claim).

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

the plan she has is as close to what she had before as she could afford , it covers her needs the problem is the cost.

As I said I am sure the ACA has helped some people, but it also screwed a lot of people.

Her pain since the ACA is not new or even unique, a lot of people are suffering and either forgoing insurance or scraping by praying nothing bad happens.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Obamacare was never designed to work. Don't you get that? It was broken from its inception.

The idea was to collapse the system so that the Democrats could throw up their hands and exclaim that they tried, they really did! Much like many of you are all saying now (my how quickly people forget who screwed things to start with and how) and that the only, only option left is to fully nationalize/socialize the entire health care system (1/6th of the entire economy), putting it under their control.

They were never supposed to lose the White House, and they likely banked on retaining enough control in Congress to push single payer through where they would have a friendly pen ready to sign in their grand plan. They likely had it written back then too.

Obamacare was the poison injected into the IV line.

Republicans never baked on being in power either, and too many of them secretly like the idea of having the kinds of power single payer will give them and the numerous voting issues it will raise each cycle. You should be very frightened by that, but instead, you embrace it because you simply think it will make your life easier and leave you more money to buy goodies and trinkets.

Well maybe not when you factor in all the new taxes, likely a VAT, on top of the added income tax amounts that will have to be factored in to fail to pay for it all.

We are talking about a system that was going to triple California's annual state budget just to cover that state. There is no realistic way the country can cover itself and balance anything.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Thanks for the bull# political rhetoric.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So ... why wasn't her name on the list of people voting to repeal it? LOL

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It doesn't surprise me that U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein said that. My guess her an her husband are now losing money on it..a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The democrats planed for Obamacare to fail after the 2016 elections.

They had it planed that if they won they would use the problem of the insurance companies dropping out as a reason for going to single payer where they could over charge everyone then use the extra money for other uses.

Just look at how the democrats run calif and you will understand.

And if they lost in 2016 they would do everything to blame trump and the GOP for all the problems with Obamacare just like you see now.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: lordcomac
This isn't shocking... It's reality.

Although I guess it may become shocking to some in Cali who have their head in the sand...

It is it shocking that this guy admits it?

Yes, it's shocking to hear her admit that, because your typical Democrat talks about Obamacare like it's some great accomplishment, instead of destroying people's choices to give them expensive healthcare that hardly covers anything.

What are you guys talking about? Dems never admit anything like this, their baby bill falling apart for nothing. Soon same will be talking about a major government bail out of the program. Besides isnt this the woman that.......oh never mind.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: SlapMonkey
I'd say that the best course of action is to not completely rework the health care industry again. The ACA did enough damage. Removing it will make things worse no matter how you feel about the ACA or what you feel like should be the system in place. We need to fix the system in place now.

Not really. Like a lot of things the government gets involved and the price goes up. Education, daycare ect......healthcare. They create a false market that disrupts the other market that most people deal in, live in.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join