It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Feinstein Makes Shocking Admission About Obamacare

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
California U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein has acknowledged the fact that many of the Obama.Care exchanges are falling apart.

She made statements on a TV show Sunday.

We all need to come to grips that the concept isn't what we were promised and the system needs to change.

They preach equality while many middle class people are getting brutally busted financially.

If they really had the best interests of people at heart, why haven't they "forced" insurance companies to sell policies in areas that are being abandoned ?

Nuts.

Remember insurance companies are already "forced" to pay out 80% - 85% of money taken in or refund the policy money back to victims.

Sen. Feinstein Makes Shocking Admission About Obamacare

Appearing on "Face the Nation" Sunday, Senator Dianne Feinstein (D. - Calif.) spoke about the GOP's failure to pass a clean repeal and replace of Obamacare — but then admitted something many Democrats will not.

Feinstein actually admitted that the health care marketplaces are collapsing — a strong argument used by Republicans against the continuance of the Affordable Care Act.

"I will give you a reason to talk. The reason to talk is the insurance industry and what’s happening across the United States. And it’s a very serious thing, because you got more than a million people who want to participate in the exchanges who are without carriers. And you've got several million who don't have a choice of insurance carriers."

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
This isn't shocking... It's reality.

Although I guess it may become shocking to some in Cali who have their head in the sand...

It is it shocking that this guy admits it?

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

Although I guess it may become shocking to some in Cali who have their head in the sand...

Yes, it's shocking to hear her admit that, because your typical Democrat talks about Obamacare like it's some great accomplishment, instead of destroying people's choices to give them expensive healthcare that hardly covers anything.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

Quite true.
If she had any other answer, I fear that they would be forced to call the dudes in the white suits with the butterfly nets and straitjackets.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

We have "insurance", employer sponsored that I pay over 500 per month for.
This year already I have paid over 5k out of pocket to meet deductables. Two visits to the er, one for my sons sprained ankle( which was horribly swollen and I thought he had broken), and one for my wife who had gotten a nasty case of bronchitis and laryngitis at the same time. We have a savings account and were able to pay these. I do not think most americans do. I also think 5k for an ankle xray, an ace bandage, and some painkillers, and a chest xray and some antibiotics is very cost effective for the hospital but not for us.
Those in congress would be wise to get this fixed.
People vote with their pocketbooks first, and fixing obamacare was a tentpole for both POTUS candidates and parties.
A third party with this issue alone could get traction enough to break the whole 2 party system.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

This isn't shocking... Democrats aren't saying Obamacare is perfect and have maintained they are willing to working with Republicans to improve the bill for months now. It has also been pointed out that the reason the exchanges are failing is in large part due to self-sabotage from the Republicans trying to create a self-fulfilling prophecy. The failing exchanges could be fixed if Republicans would stop trying to actively sabotage the bill and shore up the exchanges, but that would be politically responsible so fat chance of that happening.
edit on 31-7-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Why is this surprising? No one thinks the ACA is perfect. It is however better than what came before it. It's better that a straight repeal. And it's better than whatever that monstrosity the GOP tried to pass as a replacement.

Unfortunately we live in a world where healthcare is the largest lobby in the country. So whatever does eventually get passed you can bet it's prime goal is going to be about benefiting healthcare execs and not the common man.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

It's weird how republicans like the OP and his fanclub seem to think that Democrats admitting that Obamacare isn't perfect is somehow admission that the # the Repubs in Congress tried to push is preferable to what we have now.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
It was DESIGNED to fail. The intent was to screw up the system so badly that the only option left after it's failure would be single payer.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
ACA put every poor person on insurance and charges the federal government for it. It's called cost sharing subsidies. It's a subsidized industry. Win win for both. Poor people get insurance. Insurance industry gets free bailouts.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

We have "insurance", employer sponsored that I pay over 500 per month for.
This year already I have paid over 5k out of pocket to meet deductables. Two visits to the er, one for my sons sprained ankle( which was horribly swollen and I thought he had broken), and one for my wife who had gotten a nasty case of bronchitis and laryngitis at the same time. We have a savings account and were able to pay these. I do not think most americans do. I also think 5k for an ankle xray, an ace bandage, and some painkillers, and a chest xray and some antibiotics is very cost effective for the hospital but not for us.
Those in congress would be wise to get this fixed.
People vote with their pocketbooks first, and fixing obamacare was a tentpole for both POTUS candidates and parties.
A third party with this issue alone could get traction enough to break the whole 2 party system.

This is what I am nervous about I just got a new job and I need to enroll for health insurance one plan is $160 a month with a $1,500 deductible the other is $30 a month with a $3,000 deductible those are my two choices and I honestly do not think I could afford either of them, plus my vision insurance is tied into these plans and I actually need that.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: XxitsTtimexX

You can't afford $30 a month?

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: research100
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Oh, well,
excuse me.

I didn't actually know or care what gender this senator is/was/wants to be/identifies as, as it's completely irrelevant to the topic

let's not derail a thread over my lack of proper gender pronoun usage... it's definitely not the same language I grew up with, and it's hard to PC-filter every damn word I type to appease everyone...

back on track... the only people I've seen who actually defend this piece of hoo-doo bill either don't understand how supply and demand works, or they don't want a job and like all the free healthcare they get now. Also, in these parts, that free healthcare comes with a free unlimited ride bus pass if they manage to schedule three free doctor visits a month- so they have something to do all day while they're busy not having jobs.
Obviously, we know they don't want it taken away from them- even though it'll crash and burn shortly anyway, they want a few more months of free rides.
edit on Mon Jul 31 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: XxitsTtimexX

You can't afford $30 a month?

I know a lot of people working 40+ hours a week who would feel an extra 30 a month out of their pocket.
People making twice minimum wage- to have a car and a place to sleep at night will exhaust that kind of income after buying food.

I'd say I know at least twice as many people in that camp as I know in the camp that could easily afford an extra 30 a month.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

First off, if you are making so little money that $30 a month will break you, then that is what the ACA subsidies are for. Second, employer paid health insurance comes out pre-taxes. So just because your net take home pay may not be able to take an additional $30/month hit, your gross pay may be able to take one and you wouldn't see much difference in your net.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Maybe they can afford the premium but not the deductibles.

Ever think of that?

Now keep going and attack as many members as possible.

Never let your opportunities slip by you.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Yeah the deductible was kind of my point.....I won't even begin to describe the other things we could have done with that 5k.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Maybe they can afford the premium but not the deductibles.

Ever think of that?

I have thought of that. That means that they CAN afford the plan then because you can still take advantage of things like preventative care. Furthermore, even with an outrageous deductible it is still cheaper than going to the hospital with no insurance.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join