It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery of the nonsensical Unicorn...Solved?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Hi ATS,

Really quick thread, to present an interesting conclusion reached following my investigations into various neolithic & super-duper-ridiculously-ancient-epochal-ancestral mythology of the British Isles, all which investigations spread from a few mysterious connections between subjects close to my heart.

The par-conclusion relates to, of all things, the Unicorn. Which surprised me, as I certainly hadn't seen it coming. Indeed, in a sense, that's wholly appropriate, as the Unicorn is perhaps about as ethereally nonsensical as it gets. A rainbow/light loving, sparkling & glorious one-horned horse, which is somehow magical, somehow associated with good fortune & great privilege?

So onward.

There are no such thing as Unicorns, and there never have been.* Seriously. That is a load-bearing joist of my theory. Seems antithetical to my claims to have discovered Unicorns, though of course I didn't quite claim that there were in the first place - and again, it's subtle matters of interpretation which are at work here.

*(except perhaps rarely observed as pure thought form, arising in dreams & visions, astral shenanigans & the like, from ancestral memory stored somewhere within our DNA..)

Ancient Ireland, my guess is either around 10,983 BC, or perhaps, more recently at around 4000BC. Dates which I suspect are indicative of the (first & second) War in Heaven, those which have been inherited by our immediate ancestors, those falling within the bounds of our present state of Homo Sapiens Sapiens evolution. We're digging around here in the memories of ancient tribes of neolithic/ pre-neolithic inhabitants of a small portion of ancient Ireland, when the whole island was essentially a single territory, yet without great connections between the small, tribal communities which were scattered about the place, with many 'kings' arising & falling in small parts of the country, their presence & legacies gradually corrupting the oral traditions (in some cases deliberately crafted mythology, in some cases based on actual memory), ensuring that we only have a half of one percent of accuracy in some cases. However, broadstroke similarities, retained despite repeated & conflicted recasting of ancient & eventually 'legendary' tales, folk-memory campfire stories, poems & songs, handed down through the centuries, have survived.. Their survival enables us to look again at some of what we have assumed to be nonsense nursery stories for infants, which even children above the age of 5 would shun as silliness..

Such as Unicorns.

Unicorns, in their current degraded state of understanding, are totally mythical, shining, spangled horses of extreme beauty, which do not quite reside in the real world, being somehow magical, able to appear & disappear at will, residing with one hoof as a rarity during ancient times in this world, and with three hoofs in the Otherworld of faeries, trolls, gnomes, dark elves & dwarves...

Ireland, either 13,000 years ago, or 5,000 years ago. The Tuatha Dé Danann, arrived with apparent supernatural skills, high magic, deities of an ancient & paradisical Otherworld, known as the Land of Youth, of the Land of the Living (Tír na nÓg]. They stayed, having apparently escaped or migrated there on the demise of a former home. They brought 'magical abilities' (technology, in part at least?), extremely well-renowned, advanced, often very beautifully decorativetrade & craft skills - which, according to Welsh myth, had several of their number (or those who were apprenticed by their ancestral tutelage) exiled from England by craftsmen who were jealous of their superior workmanship. They were culture-bearers & some among them were reputed as lawgivers (eg Manannán mac Lir, 'Son of the Sea', rightful King of Britain, said to have been able to conceal the Isle of Mann by use of 'concealing mists' - a claim also made for the separate off-shore location the Irish referred to as Hy-Brasil, a homeland of the Gods, allegedly situated to the West, in the Atlantic Ocean). Incidentally, my belief is that the westerly bearing on which Hy Brasil lay, may not have been with reference to an actual island, and indeed may not even be relative to the current polar orientation of Earth. It may not even refer to a physical location on this actual planet at all, and this is my preferred interpretation; I believe they may have been refugees from a planet of which Mars was once its Moon, a planet which was destroyed in one or other War in Heaven, of which the steroid belt is now the remnant..

Anyway, the Tuatha Dé Danaan were generally well-regarded, and there are a stack of deity parallels with Indo-Aryan tradition, and even with the Sumerian pantheon (.."It has been reconstructed as Danu, of which Anu (genitive Anann) may be an alternative form." for example).

Below is a pretty picture of the Tuatha Dé in spangled, highly artistic & aesthetically pleasing raiment on horseback. They were culture bearers from a technological world, who had a few items of high technology, such as cloaks of invisibility, and methods of weather manipulation, different sorts of weapons, and so on - but generally, they were stranded, the last survivors from a war which had destroyed their homeworld, and they arrived in Ireland while their foe was establishing civilisation in the fertile crescent. The foe was at that time materially & technologically stronger, and hence the need for extreme stealth on the part of the Tuatha Dé, with the legend having it such that one day, they slipped into the Otherworld, an invisible realm from which they only occasionally returned in small number, for particular purposes.

It is my firm belief that by spiritual & technological strength, with strategic enculturing of the primitive nations, with patience, and with extreme guile, they eventually suppressed the bloodletting enemy which had otherwise enslaved the mind of Mankind. They are still here, as is a remnant of the foe, and we are caught up in their ongoing cold war, same as it's ever been..

And that pretty picture above, shows the sight of a Unicorn, being ridden as part of a troop of Tuatha Dé Danaan. A spangled, glorious & beautiful horse, ridden by a rider who is a literal god, a denizen of the Otherworld, a righteous & true host of rulers in exile, originally Gods of the Sea, who now dwell in a land shrouded from sight, an Otherworld into & from which they are able to travel at will, until they are able to repel their ancient enemy, which is also our enemy, invaders who took over the mind of Man in ancient times. And they sometimes ride in on a Unicorn...

Cheers,

FITO.

Tuatha De Danaan, deposed beneficient rulers among the gods, in exile

Mannanan Mac Lir, Son of the Sea, of the Tuatha De

Tír na nÓg, the Otherworld, Land of the Living

Hy Brasil, mythical offshore home of the Tuatha De

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
It is amazing how many similarities all of the ancient stories share. Always 2 major events around 11,000-12,000 years ago and 4000-5000 years ago.

How many different factions do you think survived? Will we ever regain our true history?

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Cool post ...did you know

edit on 31-7-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Before ancient seafarers knew what whales were, they made up imaginary tales of Mermaids, Unicorns, Leviathons...

...meet the Org. Unicorn:

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
There are no such thing as Unicorns, and there never have been.

Nightstar is going to be crushed.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Quite a history you've gathered

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Very interesting. I had forgotten the link between rhinos and unicorns.
Another thing lost in translation over time...

Now, please, make a thread on the steroid belt you mentioned in the OP?...

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Sorry to be brief about this, but the Tuatha De Danaan were refugees/ancestors of Atlantis. The more you research them, the more correlating ideas you find to other culture's Atlantis "mythology."

Michael Tsarion was mentioned somewhere on ATS recently. Even if you disagree with some of his work, the fact remains that he has a wealth of knowledge on the Tuatha. You should check it out.

I only bring up Atlantis because there are proponents ( Edgar Cayce for one ) that suggest the Atlanteans were involved with many genetic experiments involving humans, animals, hybrids, etc. Could a physical unicorn have existed as a result of these experiments? Anything's possible.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
It is amazing how many similarities all of the ancient stories share. Always 2 major events around 11,000-12,000 years ago and 4000-5000 years ago.

How many different factions do you think survived? Will we ever regain our true history?

You're right. 11-12,000 years ago is a major marker in history for a lot of events. But 4-5,000 years ago? I'm interested in some examples you may have.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The thing that always gets me about unicorns is the fact that the earliest versions of the legend were quite clear that the unicorn's deadliest foe was the elephant. The same ancient versions of the creature stated that the unicorn could kill an elephant by impaling it with its horn. (One ancient chronicler claimed that the stench of the elephant, as it rotted on the unicorn's horn, frequently led to the death of the unicorn itself).

This never made sense to me, since it doesn't seem likely that a horse-sized animal could take on an elephant in the first place. And the idea that such a unicorn could impale an elephant and then walk around with the corpse dangling from its horn is just ridiculous.

Then this story appeared last year, stating that a giant prehistoric "unicorn" had not died out nearly 350,000,000 years ago, as was previously thought, but was still in existence just under 29,000 years ago.

This dramatic revision brings the 'unicorn' well inside the appearance of early modern humans - 29,000 years ago we were already at the stage of sustained cultural transmission, using bows and arrows, and creating cave paintings. The first currently-known description of the unicorn appears in the Epic of Gilgamesh, composed around 2,000 BC.

My hunch is that the unicorn was an incredibly ancient cultural memory of this giant creature, hence the reference to battles with elephants, and that the romantic aspects of the unicorn story (horse-like in size and appearance, affinity with virginal maids, magical properties of horns, etc) arrived as the myth developed. I have no proof of this, or any way of proving it, but I thought I'd plonk it here, to see what you make of it.
edit on 31-7-2017 by audubon because: ambiguity removed

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
There are no such thing as Unicorns, and there never have been.

Nightstar is going to be crushed.

Well presented and interesting thread, but...but...

That's ok, they exist in the Shed, but that is a different realm.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Nope

Scripture has unicorns and behemoths...that have tails like cedar trees

Right there in Job. The book of Job, a behemoth is a Braunasorus...he...he how do ya spell that?

Add...that book is the oldest of them all,,,,by far

on 31-7-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-7-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-7-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I've always understood it as having a much simpler explanation.
If travellers from a pre-literate society saw a rhinoceros, how would they describe it? Surely they would say "A animal with a horn in its forehead charging across the plain at great speed". If they have any sense, they won't get close enough to offer more detail.
When that description is carried to Europe, "charging across the plain at great speed" translates into people's minds as "horse". Hey presto, they have a mental image of a unicorn.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Unicorns have been a mythical creature for longer, but the mystery of how unicorns got into the bible was solved a while ago.

The King James Bible is where unicorns make their first appearance. It's a bad translation. They're translated from a Hebrew word which is, re'em (pronounced something like ray m). The translators couldn't figure out what re'em were, and ultimately, they went with unicorns.

What they actually were were aurochs. Aurochs are the extinct, wild ancestor of domesticated cattle. The last recorded aurochs died in Poland in 1627. That's actually a little after the King James Bible was created, 1604-1611, but they had been gone from Britain, being an island, much much longer, having gone extinct there during the bronze age.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Who knows? I have a niece that would swear under oath she saw a Pegasus one time. No, I'm not kidding.
edit on 31-7-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

join