It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders to introduce single payer healthcare bill

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Sounds like it was a stunt.

The Senate voted down a single-payer health care amendment introduced by Republican Senator Steve Daines on Thursday, in a political gambit aimed at putting Senate Democrats on the record on a divisive issue. The amendment failed to pass after no lawmakers from either party voted for it. Fifty-seven Senators voted against the amendment, while 43 voted simply “present.” Four Democrats voted against the amendment: Senators Joe Donnelly of Indiana, Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota, Joe Manchin of West Virginia, and Jon Tester of Montana.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Here's my single payer: no insurance for regular visits. Single person pays out of pocket to single clinic/doctor, no middle man. No mark ups. No government.

Just like I don't use car insurance for a flat tire.

Just like I don't use home insurance to replace a screen door or appliance.

Save insurance for the big ticket items.

The marketplace will do the rest.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Never gonna happen.

Both the Democrats and Republicans are in the pocket of the insurance industry.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Never gonna happen.

Both the Democrats and Republicans are in the pocket of the insurance industry.

Right. Not enough financial discomfort hitting enough people with the current system. We may (I hope!) get a hybrid, but full-blown Single Payer is not coming to America in the near future.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Sounds like it was a stunt.

The Senate voted down a single-payer health care amendment introduced by Republican Senator Steve Daines on Thursday, in a political gambit aimed at putting Senate Democrats on the record on a divisive issue. The amendment failed to pass after no lawmakers from either party voted for it. Fifty-seven Senators voted against the amendment, while 43 voted simply “present.” Four Democrats voted against the amendment: Senators Joe Donnelly of Indiana, Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota, Joe Manchin of West Virginia, and Jon Tester of Montana.

Democrats shut down an amendment that a Democrat created.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Daines' single-payer amendment is a carbon copy of one offered in the House by Rep. John Conyers, D-Mich.

The Conyers bill, with more than 100 Democratic cosponsors, proposes to create a program the legislation describes as "Medicare for All." According to the bill's language, "all individuals residing in the United States would be covered."

So was Conyer's bill a stunt? Why would Democrats vote against it? What are they afraid of if the Repeal bill wasn't going to pass? They could have approved the amendment to show their supporters where they stood on the matter.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

I will hear him out. His weight is still kind of light though for not being able to overcome DNC corruption.

The only thing he has going for him is that he hasnt given his donor list to the DNC yet.

I truly hope he burns it and his DEM membership card.

Prove yourself buddy. I will fight for you if you only would just fight for us.

Burn it all Mr Bernie. Light my fire. Feel OUR burning desire.

Help start a new party, grab a bucket and head for the swamp.

Leave it all on the field. Fight god damn it.

edit on 7 30 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost

originally posted by: seasonal

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
Snakeoil sanders healthcare scam .
Looks like bernie got new angle to burn the public .

Any system that has been used in modern America is a money making business that happens to see sick people.

And any system in Modern America is doomed to fail due to profit motives. It is as simple as Medical is too expensive (compared to other countries).

Because the insurance and pharmacuetical companies bought all your politicians .
Until something done to reign in all of them nothing going to change over there .

Lets not leave out the hospitals taking FULL advantage of the insurance industry/system to make buckets of money.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Agreed.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

I will hear him out. His weight is still kind of light though for not being able to overcome DNC corruption.

Newsflash, he is DNC corruption.

The only thing he has going for him is that he hasnt given his donor list to the DNC yet.

I truly hope he burns it and his DEM membership card.

Prove yourself buddy. I will fight for you if you only would just fight for us.

Burn it all Mr Bernie. Light my fire. Feel OUR burning desire.

Help start a new party, grab a bucket and head for the swamp.

Leave it all on the field. Fight god damn it.

Bernie has shown he has no fight. He is not invested in his own ideas. He doesn't understand economics. Seriously, this is not the guy to place hopes on.

Plus, single payer is a pipe dream. It will not work.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

LOL they can't even implement single payer in CA because it's too crazy. What makes him think you can do it for the whole country. The guy lives in a fairy tale book.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Sanders needs government healthcare because it was the DNC that removed his balls.

Try again, Comrade Sanders.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Well, considering even the most basic help right now (say you need an antibiotic) costs most people without insurance more than a weeks pay... I'd say just about anything would be better than what we have now

Yep. When Ron Paul lost (er rather the Two Party + MSM System screwed him royally) both times he endorsed the "third" party's (all of them in 2008). He even endorsed Jill Stein in 2016. On principles.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Americans must be spoon fed by the media to FEAR any other system than the US for (huge) profit system.

Every once in a while I glance through the U.S. Constitution. I haven't found the Capitalism clause yet. If it were there it would read something like.

------------------
Article 8 - Capitalism

1 The United States shall have a capitalist market system.

2 No thing or service of value shall be allowed unless the provider thereof makes a monetary profit.

3 The greater the value to the people, the greater the number of middlemen shall be required, to maximize the profit margin for the greatest number of corporate executives.

4 The corporate executives shall be paid at a minimum the combined wages of 200 of lowest paid workers. No maximum annual salary shall be mandated.

5 Any entity found to be seeking to undermine capitalism shall be deemed a communist enemy to the United States.

-------------------
I can't find anything like that in the constitution. Weird! The founding fathers must have been ...
edit on 30-7-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

No argument from me. I said would hear him out.

I didnt really have hopes that he got burned out of it, or that he could help towards a solution.

He may have a good idea or two. Maybe. If not, same as it ever was.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Well said.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

LOL And there would be an addendum, similar to the Bill of Rights, that would look something like THIS

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Unlike what President Obama did to Republicans trying to repeal Obamacare if Democrats get a good single-payer Bill to president Trump's desk, he might sign it.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
We need a bipartisan solution. I'm all for Single Payer, but it cannot pass now. We should keep forging ahead with a bipartisan strategy (which at this point I would think involves propping up the ACA -- but hey, I'm all for whatever helps), and maybe move to single payer later, if that fails to solve the problem.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

My article 8 was actually an expansion of

"13. Anything worth doing is worth doing for money."

I was just making it mandatory. And adding teeth.

edit on 30-7-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: seasonal

Americans must be spoon fed by the media to FEAR any other system than the US for (huge) profit system.

Every once in a while I glance through the U.S. Constitution. I haven't found the Capitalism clause yet. If it were there it would read something like.

------------------
Article 8 - Capitalism

1 The United States shall have a capitalist market system.

2 No thing or service of value shall be allowed unless the provider thereof makes a monetary profit.

3 The greater the value to the people, the greater the number of middlemen shall be required, to maximize the profit margin for the greatest number of corporate executives.

4 The corporate executives shall be paid at a minimum the combined wages of 200 of lowest paid workers. No maximum annual salary shall be mandated.

5 Any entity found to be seeking to undermine capitalism shall be deemed a communist enemy to the United States.

-------------------
I can't find anything like that in the constitution. Weird! The founding fathers must have been ...

You are acting like a better model exists..One doesn't.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join