It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Three Great Lights And A Catholic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Who needs a square. Just set your compass at 90° and lay it in 2D.

I just saved masonry a lot of money. Like my suggestion to do away with front license plates. And replace all stoplights with yields. EFFICIENCY IS KEY!

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Argentbenign

Now I can salute her that she can become a respected freemason, if only she was a male...

Well, it seems that Trump is on schedule to derail the Transgender movement. But, otherwise, modern society is on the path of declaring that "male" is in the mind, and has nothing to do with the "body". Hence, all your wife would have to do is declare herself male, then apply to the brotherhood.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigBangWasAnEcho

I just saved masonry a lot of money. Like my suggestion to do away with front license plates. And replace all stoplights with yields. EFFICIENCY IS KEY!

Freemasons need two distinct symbols. These are the "two keys."

They come down to us from a long tradition, the Masons just derive their artwork from the times of the Greek ascendancy.

Previous to the Greeks, these two keys were artifacts held in the left hand and the right hand of the initiate, thus;

In the left hand is the ANKH, which has become the COMPASS in Freemasonry.

In the right hand is the WAS SCEPTRE, which has become the SQUARE in Freemasonry.

The Pope uses these same keys again, where they are referenced as the Gold and Silver Keys.

Here, "silver" is the "square", and "gold" is the "compass".

So, all these groups use the same two references, just employing different looking symbols, and emphasizing slightly different aspects of the keys, in their own doctrines.

edit on 30-7-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-7-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well as you know when a good henchman comes around the lodge, sometimes it's just to good to pass up. Lol

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I literally just laughed out loud.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
PDF: Download

The quote I questioned you on is not in the links. Where did you get the quote?

What is their meaning in New Jersey and can you please provide a source?

New Jersey Masonic ritual, which is one of the oldest in the country, describes them as follows:
  • The Bible is dedicated to the service of God, because it is the inestimable gift of God to man
  • The Square to the Master, because it is the proper emblem of his office
  • The Compasses to the Craft, because, by due attention to their use, they are taught to circumscribe their desires, and keep their passions within due bounds
That is word for word from the ritual.

Here's how they are further described in the Installation Ceremony (which happens to be open to the public in New Jersey):
  • The Holy Bible, the Great Light in Masonry, which guides us to all truth, directs our path to the temple of happiness, and points out the whole duty of man.
  • The Square, which teaches us to regulate our actions and harmonize our conduct with the principles of morality and virtue.
  • The Compasses, which teach us to limit our desires in every station, that rising to eminence by merit, we may live respectfully and die regretted.

edit on 30-7-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
Perhaps his use of capital letters is some sort Fancy cipher
that yoU Can use Or Figure out. Frankly, he may just like using capital letters.

It isn't the capital letters, it's his sentence structure and syntax.

edit on 30-7-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: BigBangWasAnEcho

Freemasons need two distinct symbols. These are the "two keys."

They come down to us from a long tradition, the Masons just derive their artwork from the times of the Greek ascendancy.

Previous to the Greeks, these two keys were artifacts held in the left hand and the right hand of the initiate, thus;

In the left hand is the ANKH, which has become the COMPASS in Freemasonry.

In the right hand is the WAS SCEPTRE, which has become the SQUARE in Freemasonry.

The Pope uses these same keys again, where they are referenced as the Gold and Silver Keys.

Here, "silver" is the "square", and "gold" is the "compass".
So, all these groups use the same two references, just employing different looking symbols, and emphasizing slightly different aspects of the keys, in their own doctrines.

First off, I don’t care for this black pope. However, you allude that the compass and square are the same as the keys to Heaven. They are not. In the Gospel of Matthew 16:19, Jesus says to Peter, "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on Earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on Earth shall be loosed in heaven.” Christ does not say I give you the Ankh an scepter, nor does he say, “ compass and square.”

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

First off, I don’t care for this black pope. However, you allude that the compass and square are the same as the keys to Heaven. They are not. In the Gospel of Matthew 16:19, Jesus says to Peter, "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on Earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on Earth shall be loosed in heaven.” Christ does not say I give you the Ankh an scepter, nor does he say, “ compass and square.”

Well, the keys were around before Jesus came.

Jesus said, "The pharisees and the scribes have taken the keys of knowledge (gnosis) and hidden them. They themselves have not entered, nor have they allowed to enter those who wish to. You, however, be as wise as serpents and as innocent as doves." -- The Gospel of Thomas #39

The practice of "hiding" special knowledge in "scriptures" and "architectural buildings" was all the rage back in antient times.

So, yeah, Jesus gave Peter the keys, and those keys were put into the scriptures by the scribes.

But, it's a simple matter to show that the symbols used by Freemasons, the Church, and the Pharaohs of ancient egypt are all the same thing. A little geometry and algebra will reveal the equality. There's a mathematical proof that reveals the connection. These guys didn't leave anything up to guesswork, nor opinion. They used "geometry" to represent "truth".

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: eisegesis

"The three Great Lights of Masonry, are the Bible, or Oral Law, contains in its symbolism the knowledge gained by investigating nature's laws in the remote past. The Compass and Square, or Written Law, represent the actual forces of nature. The square relates to the physical world, to the realm of effects, and the compass relates to the inner planes, the realm of causes. Together they embrace all natural law, and exemplify the Hermetic Axiom: 'As it is above, so it is below.'

Source? That is not their meaning in the ritual we use in New Jersey.

Nor is it used in Nevada, Texas, North Carolina, Tennessee, or Alaska

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join