It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos of Alleged Secret Chinese Anti-Missile Test

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I suppose these kinds of things take place more than we know or more than the media tells us. But, this is interesting because it was picked up from the blog of a Carglux pilot.

This article on the Aviationis t web site, suggests it isn't just S. Korea that's defending against missiles from the north.

Flying over the Himalayas on July 22nd the flight crew saw a series of unusual lights and vapor trails climb into the night sky. Photographer, blogger and commercial pilot Christiaan van Heijst of the Netherlands shot the photos seen here. They were posted to his own blog, JPCVANHEIJST.COM The alleged Chinese test is noteworthy because it is so close to the North Korean ballistic missile test over the Pacific confirmed by the United States today. China has not commented on the photos or verified any testing operations.

So, even China worries about NK nukes. They're looking to defend against a NK threat using "intermediate" vs "intercontinental" ballistic missiles.

One French language media outlet, EastPendulum.com, reported that the launch photographed by First Officer Van Heijst may have been a test of the Chinese Dong-Feng-21 or DF-21, an Intermediate Range Ballistic Missile (IRBM).

We hear a lot about what NK is up to and even more (speculation) about how the west is handling things. That's the benefit of having democracies as opposed to communist governments. You don't see Chinese media reporting anything.

The images are pretty cool too.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

I saw this on another site. Like Bigburgh, I S+F this too figuring this would get some feedback. I guess people don't read anymore. Shame really. Jim O's thread is pretty awesome too!

Sorry nobody responded.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

I saw this on another site. Like Bigburgh, I S+F this too figuring this would get some feedback. I guess people don't read anymore. Shame really. Jim O's thread is pretty awesome too!

Sorry nobody responded.

Thanks Teo... I like engaging threads but not all of them get traction such as this one. Not a big deal since the topic is being discussed elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I'm curious as to what systems the prc uses.

Those photos were pretty interesting, perfect timing if you ask me.

Good find S+F

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I thought more people would respond here so I pinged it this morning.

The really cool thread is: Assessing Chinese Hit-to-Kill Missile Warhead Test from Local Pocketcam videos

The other thread that popped up is: Dutch Pilot Captures Images of Chinese Ballistic Missilie Test During Flight.

But it is Jim Oberg's thread (Assessing...) where he took a bunch of different internet sources to get a better view of the whole test that is really interesting.

top topics

join