It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this in Antarctica?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I saw a discussion on this photo in Antarctica on Google Earth. 61°57'50.91"S, 58° 3'44.74"W
At first I thought it was just a crack or outcropping of rock.

Do cracks and out croppings reflect sunlight like this does?

Using G.E. tools, it's about 50 ft wide, and 10 feet tall.

But it reminds me of this photo from 1958 in Colima, Mexico.

www.ancient-code.com...

And this one from 1965, Rex Helfin from Orange County, CA (USAF says it's fake).
Notice ground disturbance below craft.

www.thinkaboutitdocs.com...

I don't know what it is, but I thought I'd share for discussion.
edit on V442017Saturdaypm31America/ChicagoSat, 29 Jul 2017 17:44:51 -05001 by Violater1 because: grammer

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Wow nice catch. I have noticed that when looking at google earth images, they take new pictures, and you never know what you might find. I can see my own car parked where I live and sometimes not there when at work, etc. So anything is possible and could be potentially captured in these google earth images!

That has to be a real flying saucer in that image.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

Cracks? No. Outcroppings? Maybe. Depends what sort of rock. Ice would definitely reflect sunlight though.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

I dunno, if it was shot from above you'd think the object would be circular, not as though it was viewed side on and the lighting of it isn't consistent with where you would expect light and shadows to be considering the direction of light.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

Cracks? No. Outcroppings? Maybe. Depends what sort of rock. Ice would definitely reflect sunlight though.

Yes, very possible. But wouldn't the ice around the area reflect as well?
Here is a photo of something.

I wonder why the Sun light reflects on the curved areas only.
* given, thank for your contributory.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
It has begun... congrats on being the first one to find this particular peculiarity... others have already found some true anomalies there... about four, so far ... the fifth to thirty-third anomalies will only cement things and the world will never be the same.

*walks off cryptically chuckling, trailing bull poop with every step.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I'm thinking it's a trick of the eye and really it's just a depression in the snow. In the top right and left of the screen shot there are the same type of depressions.
IMO, that's all it is.
Of course I could be wrong, and GE's says picked up a cruising UFO.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
well you can see that is one huge snow drift so very unlikly its a rock poking out ..
Very likly its a photo glitch as its in the drift its self and seeing its sideways disk shape
stuck in quite deep douth it would even show up the Governments would be all over it .
ovesly it hasn't been stuck there for a 1000 years ether as it would have sank into the drift .
Conclusion trick of light or photoshop no ufo or even a rock

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
It's obviously the favorite mode of transport for the annual Galactic Federation meeting in Antarctica.

Someone/something apparently drank a bit over capacity.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

I'm thinking it's a trick of the eye and really it's just a depression in the snow. In the top right and left of the screen shot there are the same type of depressions.
IMO, that's all it is.
Of course I could be wrong, and GE's says picked up a cruising UFO.

I'm looking at it right now, but I don't see what your referring too.
Could you please make a screen shot of it and apply it in your comment?
You go to edit, then using the tool bar at the top, choose save image.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Great stuff, this is more what we want to see on ATS, ok it is perhaps just a rocky outcropping or crack like you say but it does look like a disc side on in the snow, probably huge though so I would go for rocky outcropping.

That said if you were an alien crash landing on a planet full of unknown pathogen's would you go for the tropic's were native life was so dominant or would you try to land in the much more sterile polar region's hoping that it may help you to survive until someone got to you, high mountains for the same reason and desert's as a last resort as well but area's were there was more life would also contain more microbial and viral life form's so would likely be avoided, so all those UFO's over the rain forests are probably Nazi or Tesla craft OR another native species/break away human civilization.

There probably is something in Antarctica it would not surprise me and though I doubt it this would certainly be cool if it was a UFO in the ice but to see it from space with any clarity it would likely be huge.

Guy I know saw a UFO in the outback, he lives up here now with us Brit's but is a born and bred Australian, told me it was massive at least several hundred feet long but cigar shaped and it shot off horizontally from a standing start then simply made a right angle turn with no curve and shot straight up into the sky so fast it was gone almost instantly, his he described as the usual cigar shape or cylinder with portholes or something resembling port holes along the side and silver colored.

Only thing I have ever seen was a possible silver OR reflective sphere or disc and it was very dark when I saw mine in West Lancashire north west England back in the 90's, it was flying silently, against the wind which was blowing a gale and extremely fast, only saw it because I felt something like when someone is watching you and I looked up and straight at it, dipping in and out of the cloud layer which was about 2 to 4 hundred feet up that night, back then we had mega light pollution in the UK and all our road's where lighted with yellow sodium street light's which always made the cloud's a sickly yellow at night, this thing was highly reflective but other than it being like I say circular or spherical I could see no other detail's, the only other encounter I may have had was when I was a small child with unusual metallic golden colored hair, My mother refused to cut it and people thought I was a beautiful little girl much to my later embarrassment and amusement.

My mother has a memory of holding me in her arm's and feeling terrified as three jet's of fire shot up into the sky, I have a memory of being held in my mother's arm's as she was standing terrified in the top floor bedroom of our three story home and looking down into the small back garden were there was a strange silver U shaped object with three small child sized figures in silver suit's, short limb's and with huge over sized helmet's with completely black visor's, for some reason they were utterly terrifying, the next part of it is not a memory so much as a feeling, a dark place, cylindrical and a female presence, something being done to my head and something being taken from me limiting me and sealing my ability's lower than they should have been, perhaps the way we neuter horses to break them in they see us as some kind of animal's and not as sentient being's, when I first encountered mantoid artistic impression's I instantly associated it with that female presence.

Prior to this I remember vividly seeing a broken blue crystal object about two story's high but of a jagged form, like a large piece of broken glass embedded in a neighbors roof, that neighbor was also a good friend of my mother and died of a very rare exotic cancer about twenty years later, the crystal was first there when there had been a heavy snow fall and around it were it was stuck in the apex of Betty's roof the snow was melted, the crystal was blue and glowed but did not illuminate much, I remember telling my big sister whom was a young teenager at the, Christine but I always called her Kiddine the way kid's do to look and I called it frozen lightning which is what I though it was, strangely though she acknowledge it, it was like her mind became blank and she just could not register it, the other kid's could see it but they too seamed to have some kind of consciousness filter that made them block it out and forget it almost immediately, it was there for about two weeks and faded, got dimmer and became increasingly translucent, about six month's later in summer the local authority finally sent out workers to repair Betty's roof and replace the tiles in the hole it had in it.
People could see this damaged or crashed thing but they could not register it and would forget almost immediately, it was after this that the strange thing were my mother has the memory of holding me in fear and seeing three rocket or jet's of fire shooting into the sky and I have the memory of being held in her arms feeling absolute terror and looking down to see the U shaped silver object in our Garden with the three little men in silver suit's happened.

My take is that these early memory's of strangeness (and I have had paranormal thing's happen all my life - so has my mother) are perhaps indicative of perhaps a conflict of some kind going on, the memory filter may be some kind of alien technology or even those implant's that everyone believed in back in the 80's to screen out from the livestock of the human race any knowledge of these other being's.
The Blue Crystal thing was not from the same group as the Silver U shaped/Three rockets or jet's of fire thing.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Swamp gas obviously.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

What is this in Antarctica?

Crevasse.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

secure team put a video on this out this A.m

as far as what it is, if i had to take a guess i would say a strange rock out cropping or something similar

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I saw a discussion on this photo in Antarctica on Google Earth. 61°57'50.91"S, 58° 3'44.74"W
At first I thought it was just a crack or outcropping of rock.

I don't see it reflecting direct sunlight, which only hits it on the very left where it's dark.

The rest of it is in the shade of the nearby hill, and is not being struck by direct sunlight. Could be a patch of ice or a crack that partially filled in where you see some reflection from the uneven filling in the middle of the crack. There are other features in the area which appear to have such an origin.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

That is a good guess, but I do not see cracks extending from the edges on any side like in your pic.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

The first picture is an object on the ground. It is in the shadows of the mountain. The lightest part of the object is the same color as the shadowed ground, I think if it was a flying saucer, with the shape and angle it is perceived to be at would make us see a very compact oval top with a lighter color, but there is none.

I had never seen the disturbance on the ground for your last pic. Wow.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
This is not a crashed saucer, this is a flying vibrating aerial object.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
a reply to: Arbitrageur

That is a good guess, but I do not see cracks extending from the edges on any side like in your pic.
Maybe they've already filled in with snow, if there were extended cracks. There don't have to be extended cracks, they can be extended or they can end abruptly.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

its the way the light is different in the two pictures, the ufo picture is not as bright so you lose detail, and the normal picture is very brightly lit so it has that washed out look and high contrast between dark and light spots/ripples in the snow

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join