It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATTN: Horror Fans! The best horror series ever returns!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Im absolutely thrilled to announce that the best horror series ever will be returning this fall!!!!

Im really anticipating this fall! The remake of 'IT', TWD, and now this! Looks like a good year for entertainment ..

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real

Cool, I thought this was pulled though. Yes, it was. Damn I thought maybe they worked it out.
www.screengeek.net...

edit on 29-7-2017 by kurthall because: add

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
There's an interesting sociological statement being made with the recent surge in the horror genre of programming.

Making programming about just about anything else "triggers" too many people anymore. It's about the only thing you can make a program on and not get sued, protested against or dumped on.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

FUDGE!!!! Just my luck!!!
Idid just read this
Hopefully this leagal issue can be resolved and they can move forward.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brian4real

Are they going Grindhouse style with some of this?

I saw at least 2 snap shots from Planter Terror (2007) in that closing rapid fire reel.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

a reply to: kurthall

FUDGE!!!! Just my luck!!!
Idid just read this
Hopefully this leagal issue can be resolved and they can move forward.

I know, I was all happy about it! Darn!

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Idk... I noticed a few clips from Rob Zombies TCM Remake in there too, most noticably the shot of the smoke rolling out of the girls mouth after she shoots herself in the beginning. IMO, one of the best scenes and camera shots ever produced.
Aw hell....

This clip cuts it a little short, so you dont see the smoke rolling out of the drifters mouth, but you get the idea.
Awesome shot (pun intended!), Beautiful cinematography and editing.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
From M Night Shyamalon.
Hmm
Overall he is a disaster, however, in considering the format of TFTC, it might be his forte...a quick story..some good, some bad, none of it drawn out.
Sure, I think it has potential.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

'Yet'.....

Just being a lil cynical 😉.
I have noticed the rise in horror films/series the past 5 years also. I think it speaks volumes as to the general public wanting an 'escape' from reality, by delving into some far-fetched off-the-wall WAY out there Horror films.
Then again, it may be a way to envoke some type of black magik if you follow the Hollywood/Elite conspiracy.

Or....it could just be that horror movies are relatively easy to make (following the same premise), and can be done at low cost with no name actors.
Not to mention how the mainstream considers these films truly terrifying, while I just think that in this age of SJW's, and millennial whiners, the general public are easy targets. Most are scared of their own reflections.

Regardless, Im happy the most popular genre (lately) also happens to my favorite!

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

YES!!!
That is a spot-on description of M. Night Shamalamadingdong!
Im not a fan of his films, but usually end up watching them. Its like sucking air into a cavity in a tooth to see if it still hurts ya know?
You may be on to something though... I think I may find more enjoyment of his work being done in short format as you mentioned. It will definitely be interesting! As I previously mentioned, im not really a fan of M. Night's, but I do respect him as a writer. He is most definitely talented in that aspect, I just dont like how he drags every thing out WAY longer than it should be. Quentin Tarantino does the same thing, but at least his dragged scenes feature interesting dialogue/vocabulary and topics.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Im absolutely thrilled to announce that the best horror series ever will be returning this fall!!!!

Im really anticipating this fall! The remake of 'IT', TWD, and now this! Looks like a good year for entertainment ..

What is a "TWD"?

I am so looking forward to the new 'IT' some of the trailers look super creepy.

Edit - The Walking Dead?
edit on 29-7-2017 by uwontbelievethis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
That does it. Now I'm putting on Creepshow!

Fun trivia: In the "Grindhouse [2007]" theater double feature release (which included Planet Terror), one of the fake trailers "Thanksgiving" featured the soundtrack from Creepshow.

edit on 29-7-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I thought his movie Devil was amazing. In fact, it seemed like an extended Tale from the Crypt story in its own right.

I was really hoping to see some new TFTC though
Im sure it will figure its # out eventually.

Well # if Eli Roth is involve you know it will be an amazing splatter fest.
edit on 7-29-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Planet Terror was Rob Rodriguez.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I was referring to the Thanksgiving trailer. I assumed it would maybe be honored with an actual production like Machete got.
That Cheerleader trampoline scene really got me interested

I used to own Planet Terror and Death Proof on Blu Ray. My wife always laughed about a zombie we saw that ended up being a vegetarian. Was he in Planet Terror, or did we see it in some other cheesy production? It was some soldier kid who I guess was vegetarian so he did not eat the cast and ended up helping them out until the other zombies tore him apart I think.
edit on 7-29-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

IDK American Horror Story is way creepier. It even makes me disturbed, which is saying quite a lot.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

You havent seen the other fake trailers?

They pretty much went straight to production on Machete. Hobo With A Shotgun was one of the fake trailer contestants that didn't make the theater collection, but did become a film as well. Havent had any indication the others ever would. Robb Zombie's could work as well. The DONT piece was a spoof of the many films that went along the lines of "Don't Go In the House", etc. Thanksgiving was a sort of old idea of Roth's they always joked about, that the fake trailer format allowed them to 'actually do'.

In terms of Grindhouse style trailers of the old days, too often the over the top blown way out of proportion totally kick ass trailers were for the crappiest most boring movies ever. As if the films were made to justify the doing the trailers, I say!

Yeah that whole Grindhouse production really got my attention, got all into the old genre that inspired it, and it was the inspiration for my MEMEGEDDON bit (and as the theme for my It Came From The Internet piece it was a part of).

I could totally see all the people involved with Grindhouse doing entries for the new Tales From The Crypt. Too bad it isn't rolling out on El Ray!

M Night should be good for the guide though he has a thing for twist endings. Tales were mostly about eh endings, the careful what you wish for, deal with the devil, ironic & cynical endings!

It'd be cool to see a Creepshow reboot too, maybe as a show, just so as long as they gave it all a vintage feel. Tons of stories from those comics I imagine they never got to in the original 3 films. Maybe that'd be the series for El Ray.

Nope! I take that back, Creepshow was totally a 80's project inspired by Tales:
en.wikipedia.org...(comics)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Well.......

It'll be a much different creature. Anthology per episode vs. per season.

How they stylize each episode could swing dramatically.

The old show didn't have a lot of special effects like I'm guessing they will have now.

And comedy with a sort of satire feel to it was a common theme in the old days (especially for the Crypt Keeper to talk his smack about).

If they'll have the same team of actors each episode, or totally not hmm...

Should be interesting to see how they actually work this thing.......

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I used to love 'Crypt" back in the day! It would be wonderful to see a remake of "IT" with a worthy ending...both the book and the old miniseries just kinda caved with that stupid spider thingy ending, whereas the first parts of both the book and miniseries were great.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Here goes Creepshow 2 full movie:

And look at that, it appears HBO isn't hassling Youtube about everyone posting all the full episodes of the original Tales From The Crypt series:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join