It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Admiral Would ‘Nuke China Next Week’ If Trump Ordered It

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
You read the title of this thread (next week starts on a Sunday ... and it's already halfway through Saturday over there). It's a pretty damned brash statement coming from the US Pacific Fleet commander. If you think this guy doesn't understand the use of words ... if you think this guy doesn't calculate the impact of every statement he utters publicly ... well, maybe you shouldn't be reading ATS.

This article appeared in the South China Morning Post print edition as:
US admiral says he would obey Trump order to nuke China

The three most powerful men in the world: the President of the United States of America; the President of the Russian Republic; and the Captain of a United States ballistic missile submarine.
Crimson Tide

I can't remember now if there were 8 or 14 boomers assigned to Admiral Swift's command. But, there are certainly enough to end all life in China, Pakistan and North Korea. Three minutes is all it would take on a good day. If it was my bet, he'd have four boats within first-strike distance already, and he'd just be waiting for a nod from the President.

Source

Sleep tight, ATS.

+28 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
You read the title of this thread (next week starts on a Sunday ... and it's already halfway through Saturday over there). It's a pretty damned brash statement coming from the US Pacific Fleet commander. If you think this guy doesn't understand the use of words ... if you think this guy doesn't calculate the impact of every statement he utters publicly ... well, maybe you shouldn't be reading ATS.

The three most powerful men in the world: the President of the United States of America; the President of the Russian Republic; and the Captain of a United States ballistic missile submarine.
Crimson Tide

I can't remember now if there were 8 or 14 boomers assigned to Admiral Swift's command. But, there are certainly enough to end all life in China, Pakistan and North Korea. Three minutes is all it would take on a good day. If it was my bet, he'd have four boats within first-strike distance already, and he'd just be waiting for a nod from the President.

Source

Sleep tight, ATS.

It is literally his job to nuke China if Trump orders it... way to be an alarmist

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Well so he should.

Questioning orders doesn't get you very far in the military. I'd be surprised if an Admiral hadn't figured that out after his lengthy career.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

So in your opinion Why is he saying this knowing very well that it's going to sound like an act of aggression against China for no reason on our part???

link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Crimson Tide

Source

Sleep tight, ATS.
ummm.. i would hope so. Isn't he paid by your tax dollars to do ?

+5 more 
link   
So the news flash is that the Admiral would obey the lawful order of the Commander in Chief?

Isn't that how is supposed to work?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

If I'm not mistaken, the president doesn't need admirals to carry off a strike unless it's subs. (I could be completely wrong).

Even if I am wrong we plan for wars with any country with a decent amount of influence.

And this type of rhetoric is not uncommon in many of the world's powers. Always people thirsty enough for attention to say something that sounds dramatic, but is in no way special.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

So in your opinion Why is he saying this knowing very well that it's going to sound like an act of aggression against China for no reason on our part???

I suspect that his response was straight out of the WH.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The headline should read:

General Officer found that would follow the orders of the President!

Not sure why this should be shocking, but after the Obama "purge", I suppose it is newsworthy.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

It's a non-story. He was asked a hypothetical question and he gave his answer which anyone who was asked this question in his shoes would answer regardless of who the commander in chief is. For people too lazy to read:

"Admiral Scott Swift was responding to a hypothetical question at an Australian National University security conference following a major joint US- Australian military exercise off the Australian coast. The drills were monitored by a Chinese intelligence-gathering ship off northeast Australia.

Asked by an academic in the audience whether he would make a nuclear attack on China next week if Trump ordered it, Swift replied: “The answer would be: yes.”"

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Ask yourself ... If the very same officer rendered the very same answer and Obama was in the White House, how would you feel about the story?

The honest answer to that might be all the answer to this thread you need.

link   

I don't know. That's why I brought this to the forum's attention. I've seen guys relieved of their posts for far less.

I can assure you of one thing, there are analysts sitting up a little straighter in their chairs and taking notice.

link   
a reply to: Throes

You're probably right.

I suppose if it was just an impromptu question being asked of him and that's all. He answered in the correct way as he's been instructed to answer and that's that.

The way it's being presented by the OP I thought he was suggesting that it might be more. That it might be meant to get someone's attention which I'm sure it certainly would do.

So I figured I'd ask.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Throes

every single time someone quote Trump of someone from his team, they do exactly that. it's complete fake story, as usual!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Nitzz321

Do you know what the words "Completely Fake Story" mean???

So you're saying this never even happened then.

It's completely fabricated in every way???

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Breaking - US Admiral would follow orders.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I'm all for it, the ccp needs to cease existing. In case some might wonder, I have a strong dislike for the ccp.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

What?!?

Are you chitting me?!?

Seriously if the Commander In Chief gives an order he will obey?

Alert the press!!!!
edit on 28-7-2017 by uwontbelievethis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: uwontbelievethis

originally posted by: jhn7537

What?!?

Are you chitting me?!?

Seriously if the Commander In Chief gives an order he will obey?

Alert the press!!!!

Clearly you didn't read the OP, the south China something newspaper reported on this!

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I think its meant for Domestic consumption, intended for certain political groups who advocate certain things against Trump, than it is for China. It sounds to me like the military is telling these groups that Trump has the support of the military and until he does something that violates the constitution and is legally removed by the Constitution the military will protect and defend the constitution from all enemies, foreign (china) and domestic (never Trumpers / certain democrats).

<<   2  3  4 >>

join