It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

He once was, now is not, yet will be again: Part 1 Prologue

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: kef33890

God knows it's impossible to be perfect without divine intervention. That is where Jesus and his Perfection comes into play. We are all son's of the Most High God, but only one of us has not backsliden and given in to desire of the flesh. Jesus whipes all things clean, and all you must do, Windword, is to accept that you are a sinnner which is nothing to be ashamed of considering the multitude of all out war Satan has declared on us.

So to clarify, you were an atheist in college. Does that mean you were not an atheist before you went to college?

The reason I ask is that your transition from atheist to what seems to be Christianity after your dream seems automatic, like only 2 choices are available: Atheist or Christian.

The story that I wrote about "what would Conan do" is actually a factual story, as far as it went. After I woke up, I thought, "If such things are actually in the World, then maybe I could use an ally, maybe Jesus." The reason being that I grew up in a Christian home, going to Sabbath School and church evry week.

It was a year later that I surrendered myself to Christ. I use that phrase because that's basically what it is. Surrender to the story, the narrative, the assurance of being loved, with somewhat of a guarantee of protection even if martyred.

The ethics/morals were really quite simple: be nice/not mean to people, help people when you can, don't be boastful or proud, don't expect to be ruler of the World or even of the ruling elite class."The meek shall inherit the Earth"

So I studied the Bible, comparative Denominational Theology, Church History, Old Testament History/Archeology/Theology, History of 1st Century Roman Judea, etc. Over the years I'd been a deacon in one denomination, then lector in another, and eventually preaching Elder and Adult Sunday School teacher in yet another denomination.

I detected that my adult students were woefully deficient in the core mythos of Christianity, so I produced a course of study I called, "The Essentials of Christianity."

I was up front preaching a sermon when it struck me; These people who I'm trying to educate in the core mythos are every bit as ethical and moral as I am. I can't ethically present as fact that which I cannot defend historically or logically.

There have been many people who have come to that same conclusion. Some are now ultra-Liberal Christians, some Christian Atheists, and some demythologized Christians. I chose to not retain the label at all.

So I've been a heathen now for more than twenty years. This I've learned, no matter what formal belief system I adopt I cannot find within it a basis for ethics and morals, I'm pretty much locked in to what I lived for the first 28 years of my life.

My working theory is: What a person lives for the first 28 years of their life is their religion and the basis of their moral compass. Religion is the mode and method of interacting with your environment, culture, individuals. People who did live within a belief system other than Christian can explain how that translates to ethical living. I can't, because I didn't live it my first 28 years.

I am constrained by my past life to live the way I do. Freedom to change my moral code is beyond me, and I woudn't have it any other way.

PS: I haven't gone berserker in 21 years.
edit on 29-7-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
the Question was: He once was, now is not, yet will be again
~until you got caught up in the replies in you thread~

the reference of now is not...does away with Rome... as the statement was in ~30 CE... and related to the "Evilness Personified" that Once Was- Is Not- Yet Will Come Again For a Short While...

this prophecy gets enacted in Revelation with the First Beast arising from the Sea
the Second Beast from the Land, uses the power granted by the First Beast to make the World Worship It...
and the Second Beast (antichrist) creates an Image of the 1st Beast (once was-is not-yet will come for a short season)

I just guessing, but the 1st pre-history Beast was likely the worship of Nimrod as God...
then the flood took away all that Pagan Culture for up till the Dark Ages when tyrannical Papal & Muslim churches ruled-the-day
So now we are awaiting the resurrection or revival of the First Beast religion & Deity ---so the prophecy of 'Will come again' part of the phrase can be actualized, along with the antichrist/Second Beast part of the Team ...

so let's hear your PART 2, and detail it instead of getting into sidebars with posters
edit on th31150137945729502017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

you may be a frantic madman but I like and agree with your message.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Dang, yep, I forgot the keys to death

That's deep

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

pthena, no. I wasn't at all changed by my dream of Satan. As matter of fact I was a re-dedicated Christian at the time. I accepted Christ as a young boy, then puberty and all around unpleasantness of life caused me to IGNORE God. I don't even think I can go as far to call myself an atheist then. Deep down I knew he was there. Confirming the Bible in one way or another has certainly stregnthed me in Him. Which is why I read and research like a mad man! hehe

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Yes I have been getting side-tracked very much. I'm not even sure anyone payed close if any attention to the anti-christ portion of my thread (which was the main purpose, by the way). I will start a Part 2 thread expounding on that and will ignore any interuptions which have nothing to do with Zahhak/Zagg/Sahk/NIMROD. If you must go off topic post in this thread and I will try my best to answer your questions.

And to those of you who say "why does a Most High God need a tool such as Satan to do his dirty work." Because God can do no evil. I know there are horrendous acts commited in the Bible in the form of destruction and genocide, but that was God allowing Satan to gleefully spill human blood. God is a just God, but he will punish those who break his holey word. Just as a child would be reared by a good father in order to stop him from harming himself.

I started researching all this as a burning desire... I feel from God. People need to know the truth in these last days.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I'm glad that you were taking a break last night. The end of your last post scared me.

Take breaks. Much of this material has been referenced in the Ancient Civilizations sub-forum. Sometimes I get a culture shock reading those threads, like trying to figure out what was what to a different Worldview from what I'm used to. So I try to take it slow.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

thanks for your time in addressing my point...

you noted '

... horrendous acts commited in the Bible in the form of destruction and genocide, but that was God allowing Satan to gleefully spill human blood.

which goes all the way into the 70th Week, when Judgement is metted out to all on the Earth... when asked ~How Much Longer ~ asking about the war, persecution, killing of the Saints/ End Times Church ~
the reply was ( I paraphrase) Just a little while longer, until their quota is filled
= which means to me that God the creator has a wager going on with Satan over a predetermined 'time' on who is the winner in the cosmic battle over the difference between good-&-evil, with humans and the Planet as the fodder for their Game

or something to that effect

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Look at it like this!!! You are God's son's and daughters, whom he loves very very much (not to be confused with Jesus the flawless son of God, which by the way is, what we failed to be).. There is a wager between Satan and the Most High God. That wager though, is already decided, for God is the beginning and the end. He had the driving word of the universe(s) already written since time immemorial. The devil knows he has lost this before it even began... So he is getting back at God the only way he knows how - dragging as many kicking and screaming souls down with him.

Just becasue God knows the beginning and end, does not invalidate free-will. Though the fall of man and angel is free-will.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I am still eager to read your presentation on all the different elements involved... which should have made the body-of-the-faithful keen to the exact nature of this diabolical head-to-head contest....

or were we all given abundant cryptic clues and messages in the course of the religious drama all along

we just have had the interpretation Spun so that we might remain God focused but on-the-fence as to the resurrection of our former selves or just being like the signers-of-a-guest-book to a fancy Hotel where no spirit resides but the list of names endures as a testimonial....

me, I am cynical

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Windword thank you for keeping me on my toes!

1. Free-will isn't direct sin, but leads to sin.

2. I believe the Bible verse you are referring to in Genesis is the angel's protesting of Adam eating from the Tree of LIfe, for once that happens, man will become immortal like the Angels. Or possibly like God. Angels are not made in God's image, thus man would immediately rise to their rightful place higher than the angels. Angels were created to serve Man, and ultimately God. Many of Angels have fallen because they refuse to serve man, whom they see as an inferior being. But what they forget is that the Most High God is mankinds divine better half.

4. Adam and Even WERE created perfect, in the spitting image of the Most High. In my opinion the Serpent in the guarden who caused falll from paradise, was in fact Satan as a tool sent forth by God to test his creation, but to also bring about a long, long, long, series of events in which satan will bruise man's heel and man will eventually crush satan's head in the form of the perfect man, Jesus Christ. Don't you see? God has had everyting planned from the beginning. Every martyrd Christian, every morning stroll, every butterfly's flap of a wing. Those who accept the ressurection of Jesus as the perfect man/God in flesh (which was our original role btw) has had their names writtenin the book life since the beginnning of time.

5. If you had a son, do you want to punish him because he decided to knock off a bank? He had free-will, yes. But he chose the unrighteous path. Somwhere long the line he missed his predestined path of this loving Abbah.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

According to the Bible, it is. When Adam and Eve chose to eat the fruit from tree of knowledge, they experienced the consequences of their actions.
I was born as a Christian, my parents baptized me when I was two weeks old, it was not my free will but my parents.
Now if I want to abandon Christianity and become a Buddhist or a Hindu or a Muslim, it is a sin, because the Bible says the god is one and it is Christ, and those who leave God are sinners.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join