It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the sheer hell of it...parts one and two (sorry-not-sorry)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: tigertatzen

Infighting is the order of the day now. Given how Trump supporters acted after this past election and still are, I don't see the democrats giving them an inch. Now or any time soon.

And now that conservatives have something to hold over everyone's head (we won the election!) I don't see them admitting fault for anything no matter how bad it gets. Such is politics.

The secret is to step back, laugh, and never lose sight that the only politics that matter are cosmic politics. Everything else is nothing but the rattle of insects in dry places, signifying nothing.

What a great example of accountability, and an even greater example of why this persists. I expected nothing less from you.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

What I did in my post was describe what the left and the right are doing, amd then talk about how in the end none of it really matters.

Maybe you looked at that through partisan goggles and misinterpreted it.

And that's what the real problem is. For everyone.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Thank you. I have no problem speaking my mind on certain forums and certain topics. But I'm not usually one to actually author a thread unless it's something that just won't stop tugging at me. I'm...hmm...an outspoken introvert, how the hell is that possible?!?!😂😂😂😂

But I said back during the campaign that if I was proven wrong, I'd gladly admit it. I like to keep my promises. Sometimes I feel like that's all I've got left of any value. Ya know?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

What I did in my post was describe what the left and the right are doing, amd then talk about how in the end none of it really matters.

Maybe you looked at that through partisan goggles and misinterpreted it.

And that's what the real problem is. For everyone.

Maybe you're right. See...you just taught me something about myself. And I thank you for it. None of us are immune to this. A needed reminder to be ever humble in all things.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
The moment that you give another person or entity the power to feed you is the moment that you also give them the power to control you. No one is "free" in this country right now. Anything the banks don't own under the guise of affording the unwashed masses the opportunity to own it, the government owns. People pay taxes on their own property under duress every year.

Ditto their vehicles and everything else of value...including the money they make for forty or more hours they spend every week working so someone else can make more money off their effort and time. And if people refuse to submit, they can lose everything they think they own. This is a fact.

Beautifully accurate!

Good luck getting those who have whored out their own personal control to surrender the dowry they accepted in exchange for it, though. We live in a nation of Kept Voters, who don't care who the establishment is stealing from, just so long as they're still part of those receiving a portion of those ill gotten gains. As long as that system is allowed to persist, no change is possible. Personal responsibility is a bad word these days, not because it is a concept which will lead to deaths or failures, those are part of life and will always be among us, but because it is a concept which lends voice to the fact that the average American can prosper and succeed without government controlling our every move and serving as both a pimp and a middle man in all personal dealings.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

You called it....Pollyanna

Some peoples hate is so pervasive; it's their reason for living. And it makes them sick but they just don't see it.

www.health.com...

www.bodyandsoul.com.au...

To that I can only say, the deepest darkness, with enough concentrated light, can still be illuminated. Sometimes it takes one person stepping forward and trying to focus that light.

Pollyanna or no, I am that person. For better or for worse.
edit on 31344America/ChicagoFri, 28 Jul 2017 16:34:20 -050031pm31208America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Hang in there, Tiger. You WILL see a 'Madame President' in your lifetime.
I'd like to see that as well.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Thank you! It seems so starkly apparent, more and more, day after day that people are more willing to give up their personal responsibility...along with their freedom and their dignity in the process...than they are their creature comforts. I wonder why it seems to be so much more obvious within say, the last two years? Or...I guess I should say more blatant.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I hope so. The little girl in me really wants to see that, lol.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Hang in there, Tiger. You WILL see a 'Madame President' in your lifetime.
I'd like to see that as well.

I wouldn't mind seeing one, but only is it's the right one.

Look what happened the first time everyone ran out and voted for the first black president without thinking too hard if he was really what they wanted as president.

There are some very fine people I'd like to see as president who happen to be POC, but I won't vote for someone just because they're a POC.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join