It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forbidden archeology Flood myth

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

well that's an interesting supposition. i'm still not sure it lends a lot of credence to a global flood, though.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: jokei
a reply to: toysforadults

For what it's worth, I always thought the biblical "flood" more likely a tsunami.

40 days and 40 nights of rain. About 371 days until the waters receded. Some tsunami!

40 days and nights is just a phrase meaning "a long time". And of course, Noah dint build a boat, he built a box* .....

But in the original Mesopotamian stories, there was torrential rain, severe winds and a tidal surge. And the waters receded again after a few days. Residents of New Orleans in August 2005 might find the description rather familiar .....

* an ark. As in ark of the covenant

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: jamespond

To add to the this "myth" there are several sites, such as those off the coast of India & Japan that sit under water. Interestingly, the mainstream doesn't seem to want to acknowledge these sites, claiming they're just natural rock formations, which is laughable when you look at the pictures, like the one in this Link

On a separate note, the overuse of the word narrative is starting to get a little cringey imo.

I think that was once a quary, and when the northern ice cap melted, it got inundated.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
a reply to: chr0naut

Perhaps it could be considered speculative, but the fact that the rest of the Pentateuch does exist in written form prior to the Babylonian exile without flood mythos and the fact that Gilgamesh predates protojudaism significantly rules it out in my opinion. Earliest tablets detailing the Gilgamesh epic are from ~1800 BCE which is 1200 years prior to the Babylonian captivity so there's no way that the story originated with the Hebrews and was transferred to Babylon. It's also important to note that 1st Temple period Judaism is almost an entirely different religion than the "modern" Rabbinic Judaism that didn't begin until the 2nd Temple period, again, AFTER the Hebrew people were freed by Cyrus and allowed to return to the Levant. This isn't when the Noah story first appears in Judaism. Just a little food for thought

The only evidence that any books of the Hebrew Bible existed prior the Exile are the Ketef Hinnom fragments which only have short sections from the books of Numbers and Deuteronomy, two of the five books of the Pentateuch.

All five books of the Pentateuch are traditionally ascribed to Moses and, notably, Jesus also ascribed them, and specifically Genesis, to Moses.

The idea that the Pentateuch was written in exile or shortly after, by Ezra, was based upon the mistaken belief that the Hebrews did not have a written language prior to to then.

Discoveries of proto-Hebraic script characters (untranslated) engraved in stone in the Ancient Egyptian city of Ramases pushes back written Hebrew to thousands of years before the exile.

With the Ketef Hinnom fragments the idea of the Hebrew scriptures origination with Ezra at the end of the exile are largely disproven.

The whole documentary hypothesis which fell out of the old assumptions is really out of vogue a bit in the last 80 years.

edit on 29/7/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
Just not a supernatural, world wide flood event as described in the Noah story.

The deal is that it WAS their whole world as they knew it, so I think the story stands. Crazy how something can last the sands of time.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: one4all

originally posted by: chr0naut

For what it's worth, I always thought the biblical "flood" more likely a tsunami.

40 days and 40 nights of rain. About 371 days until the waters receded. Some tsunami!

Global Continental Displacement waves are catalysed by Continental Drift.....which exposes sea/ocean water to lava.....massive volumes of water are evaporated.....and must come back down.

Say what again? Can you give us some more detail, because I've never heard of 'Global Continental Displacement waves'.

Continental Drift is not new.....when a Continent "drifts" it is drifting upon lava.Like putting an Oreo cookie on top of a bowl of chocolate Jello Pudding then leaving it in the fridge overnight and in the morning gently pushng the Oreo from one end forward ......it will have to break free from the stiff gooey congealed coating on top.....as you gently push it the leading edge will tilt down as the cookie moves forward.....STOP pushing when 1/3 of the Oreo is tilted down and driven under the surface into the soft jello pudding beneath.......then gently push down on the TOP edge of the BACK TRAILING edge of the cookie to make it sit level and straight again.....now.....look down at the bowl.....the parts which are a lighter color and are exposed FRESH non-congealed pudding REFLECT LAVA EXPOSED TO WATER in our Global Continental Displacement Wave template.....do you understand Lobsang?

The cookie is the continent the cookie moves forward and tilts down as it moves driving itself below the horizon line or surface level of the Ocean...this causes a massive displacement wave to run up and over the 1/3 of the cookie which goes down and under when the motion happens....if there were WATER....or milk for more delicious fun.... 1/2 way deep as the cookies height floating upon the congealed crust before we move the cookie our model is much more complete in terms of illuminating the displacement wave itself.

I found this book interesting and in some ways relevant.

www.velikovsky.info...:_The_Science_of_Catastrophe

Teaching your kids the truth about their world is as easy as opening a bag of Oreos and whipping up some Jello-Pudding.....lol.

edit on 29-7-2017 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Could you point me to something some maps that the Phoenicians made that shownlarts of the globe that should have been unknown to them? As far as Mayan's vanishing... the ones still living and thriving in the Yucatán would strongly disagree with you. I just spent time with my Mayan friend Angel when I visited Tulum in May so to say they vanished is just plain wrong. They are all over Southern Mexico.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Continental Drift is not new.....when a Continent "drifts" it is drifting upon lava.

No. continental drift is very, very old. It was a revoluntary idea for its time, a 100 years ago, but since then well disproven by more recent scientific discoveries.

Plate tectonics is the current best explanation for what we know.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

Continental Drift is not new.....when a Continent "drifts" it is drifting upon lava.

No. continental drift is very, very old. It was a revoluntary idea for its time, a 100 years ago, but since then well disproven by more recent scientific discoveries.

Plate tectonics is the current best explanation for what we know.

"Recent Scientific Discoveries"......full stop.......the crooked suppressive Peer Approval process ruled by the Global Publishing cartel which is a keystone part of TPTB is what people accept .....they should not accept this bunk nor the bunk jammed down our gullets for hundreds of years.Rex Bear showed us all 6 Publishers worked together to publish the bible we use today....these 6 and their buddies are part of the popcorn trail which leads us to TPTB.

Nibiru entering and transitting our Solar System is the current best explanation fitting ancient-old-new-evolving levels of knowledge.

Plate tectonics catalysed by Nibirus approach and passing .

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Continental Drift is not new.....when a Continent "drifts" it is drifting upon lava.Like putting an Oreo cookie on top of a bowl of chocolate Jello Pudding then leaving it in the fridge overnight and in the morning gently pushng the Oreo from one end forward ......it will have to break free from the stiff gooey congealed coating on top.

I believe you're thinking of plate tectonics and the plates (not continents.) They move very slowly, however - usually around an inch per year but rates vary.

....as you gently push it the leading edge will tilt down as the cookie moves forward

Only one of the plates may subduct. Sometimes they crumple together to form mountains. And of course there are plats that are just scraping past each other, as with the famous San Andreas Fault in California. There's lots of photos (and even places to go) where you can see the movement.

The cookie is the continent the cookie moves forward and tilts down as it moves driving itself below the horizon line or surface level of the Ocean...this causes a massive displacement wave to run up and over the 1/3 of the cookie which goes down and under when the motion happens....

Actually, what's pushed up over the land is more land (a different continental plate.) The continents move so slowly that they can't really form any water waves.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Continental drift was a valid hypothesis based on the evidence available at the time. Its been superceeded due to new evidence.

Nibiru is pure fiction. There never has been any evidence for it. Its like The Clangers.
edit on 30-7-2017 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Continental Drift is not new.....when a Continent "drifts" it is drifting upon lava.Like putting an Oreo cookie on top of a bowl of chocolate Jello Pudding then leaving it in the fridge overnight and in the morning gently pushng the Oreo from one end forward ......it will have to break free from the stiff gooey congealed coating on top.

I believe you're thinking of plate tectonics and the plates (not continents.) They move very slowly, however - usually around an inch per year but rates vary.

....as you gently push it the leading edge will tilt down as the cookie moves forward

Only one of the plates may subduct. Sometimes they crumple together to form mountains. And of course there are plats that are just scraping past each other, as with the famous San Andreas Fault in California. There's lots of photos (and even places to go) where you can see the movement.

The cookie is the continent the cookie moves forward and tilts down as it moves driving itself below the horizon line or surface level of the Ocean...this causes a massive displacement wave to run up and over the 1/3 of the cookie which goes down and under when the motion happens....

Actually, what's pushed up over the land is more land (a different continental plate.) The continents move so slowly that they can't really form any water waves.

I am clearly saying the Continents slide around at astonomical speeds relative to their size and the pull and release of Nibiru.

They do not "creep"....they travel great distances very quickly.

Simply look at any satellite shots of the continents...all of them show the materials washed off of them last time Nibiru "came a calling".......they show a clear leading edge and a clear trailing debris field....you cant miss it....and you can see which direction and in what order every continent moved.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

More likely it was, in fact, flooding...but in the Tigris Euphrates river valley where the biblical flood story originated with the Epic of Gilgamesh.

ETA: Oops...I see I am late to the convo with that.
edit on 7/30/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
I always thought the great flood was basically about the flood plain between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers.

And I thought it was about when massive glaciers melted about 11,000 years ago created the Black Sea as we know it today.

There is much evidence of culture with high skills in crafting gold that lived in the area that is now under 60 meters of water.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

The only thing that makes sense to me is we have our dating system wrong , I believe the myth comes from Pangaea breaking apart That would also explain the tower of babel myth and the fact that there is very little information found from before the flood.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

The only thing that makes sense to me is we have our dating system wrong , I believe the myth comes from Pangaea breaking apart That would also explain the tower of babel myth and the fact that there is very little information found from before the flood.

Erm, Pangea started breaking up about 175 million years ago. The ancestors of the human race were still small and shrew-like at that time.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

Erm, Pangea started breaking up about 175 million years ago. The ancestors of the human race were still small and shrew-like at that time.

Some still are...

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

More likely it was, in fact, flooding...but in the Tigris Euphrates river valley where the biblical flood story originated with the Epic of Gilgamesh.

ETA: Oops...I see I am late to the convo with that.

And in fact, the stories sort of match the archaeological evidence. So we (academics) think it's actually based on the oldest story about a king (who was on his big party barge with his family) and a huge flood.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

originally posted by: Xtrozero
I always thought the great flood was basically about the flood plain between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers.

And I thought it was about when massive glaciers melted about 11,000 years ago created the Black Sea as we know it today.

There is much evidence of culture with high skills in crafting gold that lived in the area that is now under 60 meters of water.

Not that I've heard of. Which area would this be? We can look at their artifacts.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   
There's evidence of a possible occupation at what is now the northern (underwater) end of the Persian Gulf, IIRC. The gulf used to not extend that far north.

Harte

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join