It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A top FBI lawyer is under an investigation for allegedly leaking classified information

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
This is as usual "sources" so who knows but it seems to have been to a conservative friendly website. Not much to say but we can add it to the multitude of info piling up. Will be interesting to see if this makes it mainstream

FBI lawyer under investigation

FBI General Counsel James A. Baker is purportedly under a Department of Justice criminal investigation for allegedly leaking classified national security information to the media, according to multiple government officials close to the probe who spoke with Circa on the condition of anonymity.

FBI spokeswoman Carol Cratty said the bureau would not comment on Baker and would not confirm or deny any investigation. Baker did not return comment when Circa attempted to reach him through the FBI.

Baker is a close confidant of former FBI Director James Comey, and recent media reports suggested he was reportedly advising the then-FBI director on legal matters following private meetings the former director had in February with President Trump in the Oval Office.

Circa News

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Looks like Sessions is finally waking up.
It's about time.

Sarah Carter of Circa News has been pretty accurate with her reporting.

edit on 27/7/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
It seems like there is a double standard that has been set for these "leaks" (controlled flow), half are good and the other half are bad depending on what side of the aisle you're sitting on.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
It seems like there is a double standard that has been set for these "leaks" (controlled flow), half are good and the other half are bad depending on what side of the aisle you're sitting on.

Good or bad is one thing... legal or illegal is another.
At times the information is so valuable, it can only be appreciated that it comes to the public, even it is illegal. Other times, slivers of information are leaked and then spun into a narrative to paint a false picture.

If this guy is leaking then he needs to be punished - for breaking the law - regardless of how his leaks are perceived by supporters of either party.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
It's about time.

Sarah Carter of Circa News has been pretty accurate with her reporting.

Or they have been very thorough not wanting to out the wrong person. I can be patient as long as thorough takes presidence.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Leakers about to find themselves unemployed and most likely charged. This is good and good riddance as well.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Angela Valdes..???

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Looks like we had the same idea. I just posted the same thread topic.

Edit: Alerted the mods myself and it got deleted.

Well i think this little tid bit of information could become very important in the near future.

edit on 27-7-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
He should have just done it via e-mail.

Probably wouldn't be a big deal then

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

It's about time.

I'm willing to bet Trump's "transgenders in the military" tweet had something to do with it. I'm aware that feelings are a bad indicator of truth, but I have a sneaking suspicion him and Sessions compromised.

As for this story I will wait until it is official.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Well i think this little tid bit of information could become very important in the near future.

Another link to the Bush/Clinton thread? Why they just keep adding up, don't they?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

A good measure of which leaks are good or bad, is whether they expose government injustice or not. If they prove no injustice, they can only compromise national security and relationships with our allies.
edit on 27-7-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Yep, interesting. Foreign intelligence with the Awan info and HRC as sec of state...could be interesting. However, more is going to have to happen for that to come out...if there is anything there.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Should have another thread but strapped for time.

DOJ calls for investigation into Dem, DOJ and FBI collusion in the 2016 election:

Link

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's been ongoing since the meeting was held.

Equal and opposite reaction.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Zerodoublehero

Yep beginning 2001. Like they say, there is no difference in the parties. Same agenda with a little different twist to intice voters. At least that is my opinion. Never a Bush supporter.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: theruthlessone
Angela Valdes..???

Could use a little more info on this person. Never heard of them and a search doesn't help.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Should have another thread but strapped for time.

DOJ calls for investigation into Dem, DOJ and FBI collusion in the 2016 election:

Link

Actually I believe there is another thread. Look further down the list or may be on front now.

BTW honored to have you. enjoy your post in philosophy

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn
a reply to: Zerodoublehero

Yep beginning 2001. Like they say, there is no difference in the parties. Same agenda with a little different twist to intice voters. At least that is my opinion. Never a Bush supporter.

Oh I agree. It's just a game filled with distractions.

We the people are the ones who lose while this game is being played.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

This isn't the resolution, but a call for special counsel which just happened earlier today.

Source
edit on 27-7-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join