It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all ATHEISTS out there.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: St0rD

Please stop using the word "science" as you clearly have no idea what it means.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0rbital
A mystical experience? No, that hardly happens at all, not enough to prove the point you're trying to make at least. It's usually when someone loses someone they love or something else devastating that they look to fill the void that they've lost, religion fits in nicely then. Aside from that, a lot of people have it drummed into them as children and the belief stays for life in a lot of cases, so the fear of not believing is put into people at a young age. Psychological blackmail, believe in god or go to hell.

This paragraph is pure assumption.
Again, have you even asked people why they believe what they do?

I believe in the very small possibility of god, so, isn't my mind is more open than yours?

How exactly do you figure that??
You are now making unfounded assumptions about what I believe.

Do you believe there's a tiny possibility of god not existing? Or is your belief so blind you wouldn't even consider it? If you only choose to answer one question please make it this one. Everyone should question their beliefs.

Of course there is that possibility.
What an absolutely irrelevant question.
Again, don't be so presumptuous.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Ruiner1978

Assumptions, presumptions and irrelevance. That's all I've heard you say and now you've bored the bollocks off me.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0rbital
a reply to: Ruiner1978

Assumptions, presumptions and irrelevance. That's all I've heard you say and now you've bored the bollocks off me.

Awww you're bored? Maybe if you had a stronger argument this exchange would be more exciting...

Bottom line is, closed mindedness and misguided beliefs are not a trait of just of the religious, as you have proved.

There are monumental flaws in your line of thinking on this subject, not to mention a gross hypocrisy.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Never mind, you'll get over it. Take comfort in the fact that you've made me a monumental metaphorical eunuch.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: 0rbital

Ha!
Pretty sure you did that to yourself...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join