It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS QUIT with the forced page redirection!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
How many times has everyone been browsing happily on ATS when out of nowhere you forced to a "your phone has a virus page.....please download now" and you cant back up or do much of anything except close the browser and erase the cookies and history and start completely over. Im friggin sick of it!!!!! Cut the bull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nobodies buying that crap!!!!!!!! Your just infuriating people, ESPECIALLY ME!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Yes! This happens every time I'm on ATS lately. Extremely irritating. Please put an end to this.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Never happened to me. I use my phone a lot on ATS too.

Maybe you have a virus?

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: johnnybrown4792

Never happens to me.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
It happens to me a lot and also through Facebook's browser (on any page, not just ATS)

No virus scanners ever come up with anything on my phone but there's got to be something rooted in that avoids detection.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: elkabong57

It's happening to me on my Kindle Fire. The message I get is one of those "Congratulations! You just won an Amazon Kindle! " things--just answer a few questions, blah, blah, blah. As the OP stated, you have to exit out, clean out your history, and then you can get back on ATS. It could be a virus--I'm going to check that out right now.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: elkabong57

It's happening to me on my Kindle Fire. The message I get is one of those "Congratulations! You just won an Amazon Kindle! " things--just answer a few questions, blah, blah, blah. As the OP stated, you have to exit out, clean out your history, and then you can get back on ATS. It could be a virus--I'm going to check that out right now.

I've experienced both... highly irritating!

(post by OtherSideOfTheCoin removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

i has never experienced it [ via ATS ] - and i suspect its not ATS doing it to you

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Happens to me a lot on my phone as well. And I have Norton on my phone.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Hmmm all I see on my mobile is a steady series of Latino pick up sites. It's as if incognito browsing is useless these days.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I'm using Noscript. scorecardresearch.com, addthishedge.com and doubleclick.net are the only script sources disallowed. I have full access to content and posting on ATS with this configuration. I am not using Adblock. And not pop-up problems.

Does sound like malware to me.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
On the limited chance I do use my phone for ATS, it has happened. It's a complete pain in the ass and when I try to back out of it, I have to check a stupid box saying "Prevent all further dialogue" or something of that ilk. And it makes my phone vibrate like a whore.

Luckily I opt for desktop usage. But I've felt your struggle.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnnybrown4792
How many times has everyone been browsing happily on ATS when out of nowhere you forced to a "your phone has a virus page.....please download now" and you cant back up or do much of anything except close the browser and erase the cookies and history and start completely over. Im friggin sick of it!!!!! Cut the bull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nobodies buying that crap!!!!!!!! Your just infuriating people, ESPECIALLY ME!!!!!!!!!

Never experienced this on a phone or a computer, my brother has though.. but in his case he had malware on his machine.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
How often you look at pron on your phone?
edit on 25-7-2017 by Lysergic because: haha i need coffee

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I never get these. You have some malware on your device...

Fix it.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I had a problem with redirects on ats awhile ago...then one day they just stopped coming...thankfully.

though...still get redirects when I go to other sites besides google and youtube..

you can at least block the site from loading content using internet options settings (not adblock) so its not so bothersome.

eta: Interesting that this malware is affecting a lot of people these days

is there a conspiracy afoot?

edit on 25-7-2017 by Tucket because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I experience that at least a few times a week, very annoying, only site that does it too, but its never the sites fault, its always you fault....bunch of bs

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I haven't had this happen at all on my phone or laptop.

Maybe it's your browser and not ATS?

I use an iPhone and Macbook. I never have issues with these kinds of popups.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Happens to me, too. It's always an ad that mentions Amazon in some way or another. It only happens on ATS when I use my phone and it happens with Chrome and that crummy Android browser. I don't know how to get rid of malware and I don't really care. I mean, really. If a virus popped up and made my phone completely inoperable I wouldn't even miss it. I'd just throw it in the lake.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join