It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metformin is an Endocrine Disruptor and Threat to Humankind

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
APO Metformin and RAN Metformin are being recalled in Canada due to cancer concerns from NDMA.

I don’t know how to embed a link so just google :
Certain Metformin diabetes drugs recalled due to the presence of NDMA

healthycanadians.gc.ca...

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I dropped the use of it, after I read an article that said Apple Cider vinegar was better at controlling blood sugar than the drug, it was from a trial at Arizona State University. The gut has a beneficial bacteria which increase because they have receptors which react with the acetic acid. I kept checking my blood sugar after I stopped the Metformin, and kept taking the Vinegar twice a day a capful in an eight ounce glass. In the end I just gave up checking because the readings were normal, and the test kits were expensive, and the finger was sore. I lost weight improved my diet, that was four years back and haven't needed to see a doctor since . But as a disclaimer I was using honey to sweeten my coffee, and eating lots of sugar, which I stopped .
A mate who was showing incredible sugar readings , like 18 and had blood pressure readings around 200/90. just went on a a serious diet , and came off insulin, I am pretty sure a lot of type two diabetes is fat around the pancreas.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Apple cider vinegar is one of the things I always keep in stock and in the pantry. I am down to one extra bottle now in the pantry, waiting for it to go on sale again. We get the organic one with mother, much better tasting.

If I eat popcorn to an excess, which always happens when I make popcorn. I wind up with a headache the next day. Every time. with or without salt added. I found that a shot of apple cider with about a teaspoon or two of sugar in a glass of water takes the headache away within three minutes. I have not been able to find actual research that says why that happens. Now water does not get rid of the headache, neither does sugar water. An aspirin will after twenty five minutes, but I am still doggy with the aspirin.

I was told it was the salt and butter....neither of those were the cause, even airpopped popcorn with nothing on it does that. In fact with butter on it and some salt, the headache isn't as bad. I also have had luck with some other headaches from different things but because I eat more than one food at a time, I cannot identify what other trigger is there. Milk and icecream and other dairy gives me a headache, but the ACV does nothing for that headache, bromelain or fresh pineapple kills that headache in ten minutes, no aspirin or pain relievers I have taken work at all other than I used to take triaminicin, but they quit selling that over the counter at drug stores because they make meth out of it. The proteinase in grapefruit also works, again, not canned juice, proteinases are not heat stable.

Taurine helps with the bodies use of sugar too, a friend of mine got off metformin and is using taurine and he is doing pretty darn good. He had the runs real bad from metformin. His sugar does go as high as one fifty after eating but goes back down to a hundred twenty after an hour. He was having all sorts of health problems years ago and the hospital doctors thought he was nuts, he got an appointment with a physicians assistant at the clinic one day and she took his blood sugar....it was eight hundred something, the highest she had ever seen. It took insulin injections to get it down, but he still had damage to his organs from it that needs to heal. They put him on metformin and it helped initially, but the diarrhea long term depleted his minerals and vitamins. I helped him figure out how to restore the minerals and vitamins using research to determine what was low. It worked, and he quit the metformin and is just taking taurine and a multimineral that boosts sulfite oxydase. He has not told his doctor what he is doing, has had appointments and the doctor is extremely pleased with his blood sugar and thinks the metformin is doing the job great. But remember, I also got him to eat better, informing him that taurine helps, but if he kept eating all that highly prepared food taurine can't help him. The Molybdopterins help to create sulfite oxydase, that is used by our body to create taurine and use the taurine to do much of what it needs to do in our body. Taurine is a neuromodulator, it induces gaba to calm and give the mind more control over it's electrical signals. It also is the only thing I know of that can help to stimulate repair of the kidneys. It also does the pancrease and liver, but silimaron can help to fix those too. Remember, all three of those organs need to be working well to keep our body utilizing sugar properly, and also taurine helps with signaling in our whole body, it is an osmolyte and it makes up about a thousandth of our bodies total weight in our bodies. But a deficiency can occur if you eat a lot of junk food, taurine is heat sensitive. If the body does not have enough of certain minerals and vitamins, it cannot make it and if you eat your meat well cooked, the taurine is bound and unusable for most people. That can lead to multiple metabolic issues including diabetes.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: anonentity

Apple cider vinegar is one of the things I always keep in stock and in the pantry. I am down to one extra bottle now in the pantry, waiting for it to go on sale again. We get the organic one with mother, much better tasting.

If I eat popcorn to an excess, which always happens when I make popcorn. I wind up with a headache the next day. Every time. with or without salt added. I found that a shot of apple cider with about a teaspoon or two of sugar in a glass of water takes the headache away within three minutes. I have not been able to find actual research that says why that happens. Now water does not get rid of the headache, neither does sugar water. An aspirin will after twenty five minutes, but I am still doggy with the aspirin.

I was told it was the salt and butter....neither of those were the cause, even airpopped popcorn with nothing on it does that. In fact with butter on it and some salt, the headache isn't as bad. I also have had luck with some other headaches from different things but because I eat more than one food at a time, I cannot identify what other trigger is there. Milk and icecream and other dairy gives me a headache, but the ACV does nothing for that headache, bromelain or fresh pineapple kills that headache in ten minutes, no aspirin or pain relievers I have taken work at all other than I used to take triaminicin, but they quit selling that over the counter at drug stores because they make meth out of it. The proteinase in grapefruit also works, again, not canned juice, proteinases are not heat stable.

Taurine helps with the bodies use of sugar too, a friend of mine got off metformin and is using taurine and he is doing pretty darn good. He had the runs real bad from metformin. His sugar does go as high as one fifty after eating but goes back down to a hundred twenty after an hour. He was having all sorts of health problems years ago and the hospital doctors thought he was nuts, he got an appointment with a physicians assistant at the clinic one day and she took his blood sugar....it was eight hundred something, the highest she had ever seen. It took insulin injections to get it down, but he still had damage to his organs from it that needs to heal. They put him on metformin and it helped initially, but the diarrhea long term depleted his minerals and vitamins. I helped him figure out how to restore the minerals and vitamins using research to determine what was low. It worked, and he quit the metformin and is just taking taurine and a multimineral that boosts sulfite oxydase. He has not told his doctor what he is doing, has had appointments and the doctor is extremely pleased with his blood sugar and thinks the metformin is doing the job great. But remember, I also got him to eat better, informing him that taurine helps, but if he kept eating all that highly prepared food taurine can't help him. The Molybdopterins help to create sulfite oxydase, that is used by our body to create taurine and use the taurine to do much of what it needs to do in our body. Taurine is a neuromodulator, it induces gaba to calm and give the mind more control over it's electrical signals. It also is the only thing I know of that can help to stimulate repair of the kidneys. It also does the pancrease and liver, but silimaron can help to fix those too. Remember, all three of those organs need to be working well to keep our body utilizing sugar properly, and also taurine helps with signaling in our whole body, it is an osmolyte and it makes up about a thousandth of our bodies total weight in our bodies. But a deficiency can occur if you eat a lot of junk food, taurine is heat sensitive. If the body does not have enough of certain minerals and vitamins, it cannot make it and if you eat your meat well cooked, the taurine is bound and unusable for most people. That can lead to multiple metabolic issues including diabetes.

Very informative man, thanks for chiming in! Making a note to dig a little into taurine later...

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of T2D is due to lifestyle. Too many people are overweight, too many people are sedentary, too many people eat awful diets. I'm also pretty sure that the incidents of T2D would go down dramatically if everyone would live a healthier lifestyle.

I'm pretty sure you are wrong. Diabetes tends to run in generations and therefore has a hereditary component. When my Granddaughter was born blood work showed a marker scientists are following, as it seems to be directly connected to one becoming diabetic at some point in life.

She was entered into the study and will be tested bi-annually until she's 18. (Four more years.) Science is making great progress in understanding diabetes and while life style does play a part, it's not nearly as big a part as was once thought.

Most of what people believe about diabetes is pretty old school now, but those beliefs have been around for so many decades that the average person has no idea of how scientific advancements have completely debunked what was once thought to be true.

There is far,far more to diabetes than ones weight, just as there are many more causes of heart disease than just lifestyle.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of T2D is due to lifestyle. Too many people are overweight, too many people are sedentary, too many people eat awful diets. I'm also pretty sure that the incidents of T2D would go down dramatically if everyone would live a healthier lifestyle.

I'm pretty sure you are wrong. Diabetes tends to run in generations and therefore has a hereditary component. When my Granddaughter was born blood work showed a marker scientists are following, as it seems to be directly connected to one becoming diabetic at some point in life.

She was entered into the study and will be tested bi-annually until she's 18. (Four more years.) Science is making great progress in understanding diabetes and while life style does play a part, it's not nearly as big a part as was once thought.

Most of what people believe about diabetes is pretty old school now, but those beliefs have been around for so many decades that the average person has no idea of how scientific advancements have completely debunked what was once thought to be true.

There is far,far more to diabetes than ones weight, just as there are many more causes of heart disease than just lifestyle.

I put a lot of time into studying genetics. When you have certain snps or gensets it usually means that the amount of an enzyme we make is less or more and certain food chemistries eaten or not eaten, or eaten together can make you healthy or sick. Say you have diabetic genes, it might mean that you do not create enzymes to break down inflammation of a certain kind in an adequate amount, so if you eat too much of that food chemistry chances are you will damage organs or you will have side effects of many kinds.

So, say you have genes that make it so you cannot make much insulin...which is a protein complex that acts both as an enzyme or a hormone. Now a deficiency in the gene that controls magnesium enzymes or selenium enzymes can make sugar a problem, those enzymes are used to make insulin. So if you do not have enough magnesium in your diet, you cannot make the enzyme to complete the cycle. I have a deficiency in the molybdenum coenzymes, which do a lot in the body, and I just need to consume a little supplement every day so I do not get deficient and that means I can detox nitrates and sulfites better. Of course, since I can eat more....I do, and I wind up with some problems because I am pushing foods that need lots of the enzyme. I tried boosting it and over one hundred fifty percent RDA does not help anymore since I make the enzyme slower, I just need to have the molybdenum available all the time. Over a certain amount does nothing. If I stay reasonable, I do not get the sulfite headaches nearly as much, and I also do not get as much autoimmune issues.

I also seem stronger, we did trials on this with my daughter and her husband, all three of us got more strength a half hour after the test, not just a little, we struggled to lift a chair with two fingers before, after we could lift it all the way to the ceiling. They were not light chairs either, wood kitchen chairs. Now remember just because you can lift a fifteen pound chair to the ceiling with two fingers doesn't mean you won't break your fingers. I have hurt myself many times doing stuff since, because stuff feels light but it is not light, more throwing out my back. I have a bad back and had to adjust how I judge weight because initially I was really messing up.

Now, that is a deficiency of an enzyme being created in enough amounts, and it is genetic. Molybdem enzymes create four or five important enzymes. Then consider this, if your stomach acid or other chemistries is low, many minerals are not properly prepared for intake. But that is usually more of an older age issues, people do not absorb stuff right when they get older.

Most genetic diseases can be helped by adjusting the diet to match. You can stop high homocysteine which is a genetic disease by eating certain foods and avoiding some foods. Sometimes the kids cannot eat what the parents eat also, because they have a double copy in a snp, one inherited from each parent. Whole families could be eating a diet that is different than they should be, so a family history of a genetic disease marker can progress to an actual disease.

Diabetes is a metabolic disease, and it can be avoided, but often damage to the pancreas and liver lead to a permanent problem.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   
How much of a role and to what extent are endocrine disruptors as a whole affecting the human species? My guess would be quite significantly.

Here, I present new studies on the dangerous endocrine disruptor, Metformin:

Metformin chlorination byproducts in drinking water exhibit marked toxicities of a potential health concern

Developmental phenotypic and transcriptomic effects of exposure to nanomolar levels of metformin in zebrafish

Pharmaceuticals and chemicals of concern in Minnesota lakes

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: M4ngo

That medication is not longer in prescribed in my area, it causes all kind of problems, also I remember when it was given by the weight lost clinics around to control sugar cravings.

Darn I even go a few pills many years ago, glad I did not took them all.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

That medication is not longer in prescribed in my area, it causes all kind of problems, also I remember when it was given by the weight lost clinics around to control sugar cravings.

Darn I even go a few pills many years ago, glad I did not took them all.

What area are you referring to?

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Medformin, to treat diabetes, my brother in Florida takes it, but do not know if he still do, but here in my area in GA, a few years go the medication was popular in weight control clinics and was given with the B12 shots, for control for sugar cravings.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join