It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims and Jews have similar beliefs but The God Jesus Christ taught us something different

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Hey, I'm not touching that one lol. I've read plenty of info on the Khazars from multiple angles and realized that neither argument affects me or will change anything.

But I will say that many Anti-Semitism arguments are bogus, mostly because the term has been hijacked. The are 2 types of "Semites", ethnic and lingual. And the largest group from each of these types are Arabs. But no one considers anti-Arab speech or actions as being Anti-Semitic. Even many Israelis are openly anti-Arab, even though that's literally Anti-Semitic. The Prophet Muhammad was an Arab, and thus a Semite, yet that doesn't stop people from criticizing him either.

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: enlightenedservant

That was just an example of a genetic Jew..

I watch people have this debate constantly and one person be refering to the Jewish religion, while the other is talking about a genetic jew..

No worries, man. I'm really just pointing out why there's so much confusion on what it means to be a Jew or Jewish in the first place. There's literally no single answer or definition, even in modern Israel.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: enlightenedservant

That was just an example of a genetic Jew..

I watch people have this debate constantly and one person be refering to the Jewish religion, while the other is talking about a genetic jew..

The 'secular' Israeli definition of a Jew is based strictly on religion :

About the definition of a 'genetic Jew', well this can lead to some disturbing conclusions :

DNA Tests Reveal Hitler's Jewish and African Roots

And last but not least, the Muslim who often make mention of Muhamad as their prophet are still expecting the return of the prophet ... which is not Muhamad but a bloke named 'Isa ibn Mariam' or, Jesus the son of Mary ... sounds familar isn't it ?

a reply to: Murgatroid

Here are some publications by Jewish people you may want to consider :

The invention of the Jewish people by Shlomo Sand

The wandering who ? by Gilad Atzmon

edit on 25-7-2017 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: -

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, whatever. God is God. Same God regardless of which version of religion you choose to subscribe to.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics

John 8:31-49 , Jesus tells the Jews that they don't understand him because they have a different father than him and this is why they seek to kill him.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The Greatest Commandment:

"The Lord OUR God is ONE God worship HIM with ALL your heart..."

So I have to inform you that your claim that "the God Jesus" is a god and "God" is refuted BY JESUS (p) the Messiah HIMSELF.

Might want to study what he said and don't assume he said he was God... he DENIED it.

"Of my own power I can do NOTHING."

So much for your "Jesus the God" fallacy!

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, whatever. God is God. Same God regardless of which version of religion you choose to subscribe to.

I agree (I'm Muslim) that God is God.

But that Jesus (p) denied being God leaves me baffled by the fact people think he is God and aren't aware he denied it.

When you tell them, show them proof, THEY STILL refuse to honor his teachings!

Is that how one treats their percieved, albeit erroneously, "God?"

No. But God is ONE God worship HIM is how he puts it.

That leaves no room for Trinitarian heresy 2 billion people believe is ACTUALLY in the Bible.

Oy vey!

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: lightofgratitude

Also I don't fault you for not knowing Koine Greek.

But John 1 says God/Tontheon, and the Logos/Word was with Tontheon, and the word was THEOS.

Simply meaning divine. Apologetic arguments can't do aught to erase this fact.

It's either admit Jesus (p) isn't even SAID to BE God in the NT....

Or lie.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Jesus was a Buddhist.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
Jesus was a Buddhist.

You aren't the first person to wish the Israelite Messiah was a Buddhist.

Or the first to not be able to prove it using the Bible so someone makes a video and you accept it.

Unless you are joking. In which case, funny.

But in the world of the (albeit corrupted) Bible, our source of the earliest information about him, and all the Apocrypha, even Sethian "Gnostic" scripture, him and his Apostles are Judeans by nationality, Nazarene Judahites by religion.

Yeshua, ha Nozri, bar Miriam bat Joachim...

Even the Talmud doesn't make that absurd claim, it just calls him a sorcerer. With a very Judahite Mother.

Even if the God portrayed in the Bible is rejected, and who could blame anyone for that, it doesn't change the fact that Jesus (p) was known as a Prophet (p) from the seed of Jacob through Miriam.

And it's not plausible that Issa al Masih (p) was a Buddhist, even the mysterious MS found in (allegedly) a Tibetan monastery doesn't claim he was a Buddhist.

Which would probably be the source of confusion, but it doesn't say that if that's why you think it, isn't proven to be about him but could be.

Or could be a forgery.

There is no reason to think literally Jesus (p) was a follower of Buddhism, his scripture was Torah, Tanakh, Prophecy from a God absent in Buddhism.

I marvel more about the reason for adherance to Trinity because it's refutable with ease, I don't know if I am any less baffled why it is people don't want to admit that a Judahite was a Judahite, a Nazarene Judahite.
edit on 29-7-2017 by Disturbinatti because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Jesus is God because he is sinless and therefore he is the perfection of God even though God is Greater and Invisible.

This is why Jesus is called The Image and Son of God. He is The Perfection of God in Image (Form/Appearance/Body).

Ephesians says there is One God, above and through all, that's true, but if God is the sea then Jesus Christ is an iceberg, a piece of God that you can see and touch. Jesus is The Word of God.

No prophet of God is The Perfection of God himself, faultless and sinless, except for Jesus Christ.
edit on 7-29-2017 by lightofgratitude because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-29-2017 by lightofgratitude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightofgratitude
Jesus is God because he is sinless and therefore he is the perfection of God even though God is Greater and Invisible.

Jesus (p) didn't become God because he was sinless, he IS CREATED BY GOD and you are talking gibberish for real.

There's no logic to what is typed here at all. He would have to have ALWAYS been God TO BE God NOW, and a CREATION of God's can't BE GOD.

Once more, Jesus (p) DENIED being God.

You calling him a liar?

"The Lord OUR GOD IS ONE GOD WORSHIP HIM WITH ALL YOUR HEART..."

Sin has no relevance to his not being God, you don't become God, God is infinite and not created.

Jesus (p) IS CREATED, and not sinning doesn't change that. I think you aren't thinking this through because don't care what he says about himself (p) and use ridiculous arguments to contradict him.

And you treat who you imagine to have morphed into a god from not sinning?

Enoch didn't either, isn't God. Logic would help if you use it. "Enoch walked with God" and no sin is attributed him.

This is why Jesus is called The Image and Son of God. He is The Perfection of God in Image (Form/Appearance/Body).

Ephesians says there is One God, above and through all, that's true, but if God is the sea then Jesus Christ is an iceberg, a piece of God that you can see and touch. Jesus is The Word of God.

No prophet of God is The Perfection of God himself, faultless and sinless, except for Jesus Christ.

None of your 'reasoning' makes sense.

Not because I have not read the New Testament, I've obviously more times than a person who can't face facts and thinks they can force an interpretation out of what easily dismisses your wild assertions.

That is the words of The Word.

You learned today John 1 is a deliberate mistranslation, but refuse to face facts and instead look for confirmation elsewhere.

It doesn't exist. You have no more support for your beliefs in the Bible than in Moby Dick.

Don't waste rare knowledge. Few people know that. Don't lie to yourself that your words can over rule Jesus (p) and make him God.

John didn't write "Word was God", but "divine."

Big difference. John is also called the Divine, Theos in Greek.

Is he God? No.

A bit grandiose, no? You, a "God-maker", a person, trying to make the Messiah of God, God, is impossible.

God already occupies the position of...God.

Messiah (p) is the Messiah, God is God.

If the Latin translations had TO LIE about theos vs Tontheon to FORCE their wishes into the Gospels, I don't recommend imitating them and doing the same thing because you just want it to be true.

Unfortunately it isn't.

Only God is God.

Issa (p) is the Messiah, created, was human, and is divine/theos, the Word of God.

NOT God Almighty. The ONLY God.

And your words can't change that! Better to come to terms with truth than deny it for ego's sake or desire's sake.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: lightofgratitude

What was the sin of Prophet Seth (p)?

According to ancient book of Jubilees NOTHING!!!

What was Melchizedek's sin, the King of Peace AND Righteousness?

Noah, what was his sin?

Elijah, Elisha?

You are seriously assuming a lot to say NO prophet was free of sin without evidence that Enoch and the others who have no sin attributed them DID SIN!

Especially in the case of Seth and Enoch.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
There are Civil Secular Jews, there are Orthodox Religious Jews, and their are Spiritual Jews.

Jesus was born in the Line of David a Jew through his mother Mary, the spouse of Joseph, Jesus's step dad who was also of the line of David.

Jesus was the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightofgratitude
Jesus, The WORD, is God (John 1). He is The Perfect Image of The Invisible God. No one knew God The Father except for whomever Jesus The Son revealed Him to (Luke 10:22). Jesus said we are gods (John 10:34).

Moses was a warrior, he did not obey The Law of Christ. He killed other races, took over land, and promoted the abuse of children (Numbers 31:18)

Jesus is The Way to The Better God (The Father), not Moses.

The Law of Christ is greater than The Law of other gods. Even if another religion took over the world, Peace will only come through obedience of The Law of Christ (In everything, do to others as you would have them do to you for this is The Law - Matthew 7:12)

Jesus is not Jewish, his own words:

Of course Jesus had something different to say.
In the Roman Empire before Christianity savior-God cults were all the rage. Persians - Mithriasm which combined Roman and Persian beliefs. Egyptains had Osirus which combined Egyptian and Greek sources and many others where you would get personal salvation through baptism and from the savior deity.

Some Jews created their own version of these mystery cults with a Jewish baptism and Jewish version of a savior.

Josephius details much about Judah in that time frame and mentions many of the savior gods.
Christians inserted into Josephius a small gospel from Luke so it would look like he mentioned Jesus but it was found out to be a forgery.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join