It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These are the most and least trusted news outlets in America

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I always read the beeb and their reporting can be good quality. Beeb four makes a lot of excellent factual stuff too, they aare likely the best current doc maker even.

They do veer into haughty "this is your rulers speaking" territory at times and they regularly let utterly shameful stuff pass without any serious analysis in news interviews etc as well as horribly misrepresenting all manner of things. The royal fawning can wear too.

But they are still one of the best broadcasters, news included, hands down.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ThingsThatDontMakeSense

I always found this graph useful for parsing political news:

Useful, yeah, but far from perfect. Of course these kinds of things are always subject to personal opinion.

It has several glaring errors, the most obvious one is the WND is way way way too high on the 'quality' scale. It should be down next to, maybe just above InfoWars.

Forbes and WSJ are a bit too low, but that is a quibble. Fox News is way too high; it should probably be down about where WND is.

On the left side, many of the 'high quality' entries should be higher, but when you are comparing one to the other you get a split somewhere, I guess. PBS News Hour is the standout rated way too low and should probably be more on the neutral side of the line. The Guardian, MediaMatters and Newsweek should be a fair bit higher. Daily Kos is probably too high, Buzz Feed is probably way too high.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I don't spend much time reading news. Generally, I see headlines on forums I read and if the story interests me I'll read up more on it elsewhere. Usually I hear headlines on either NPR or the local conservative station. When I go to check something out I prefer either The Guardian, BBC, or CNN. In general though, if several media outlets are carrying a story (and a quick Google search makes that easy to check) I'll believe it. I just watch out for the adjectives in a story that are used to set a tone (which is the only difference between any of them in the first place), and instead focus more on the overall idea they're trying to convey.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I don't have a set news source nor do I have a TV. I still stay informed.

The most pitiful people IMO are those that spend a good amount of time watching TV to find out what is happening in the world.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

I agree...similar to the way that RT is, but the BBC just seems much more polite about it, so it can go unnoticed.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: Butterfinger

.....the BBC just seems much more polite about it, so it can go unnoticed.

In British fashion it seems!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join