It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHY Are There Not At Least 10 or 20 Threads About Twin Peaks Season 3?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I don't even know where to begin...

I suppose the elephant in the room should be addressed. We've all (myself included) become hopelessly intoxicated on political matters here on ATS.

I will begin this OP as a rant, and continue the rest as an introduction into the occult world of Twin Peaks and it's revival of Season 3.

Having lurked long before the election of 2016, I found that ATS best served my needs from an impersonal level, meaning I never participated. I wasn't compelled to register and participate until I read a post by someone in the UFO forum that directly contracted something I had recently been made aware of, that Dr. Jacques Vallee had written about in Messengers of Deception. There was a squabble, I took pictures of the correct pages in my copy of Messengers by Vallee and inserted them into my posts as references.

My introduction to ATS spawned purely from a personal investigation that led me down a deep rabbit hole involving UFOs, Occult forces, Psychotronics, Neuroscience, Secret Societies, and dare I say the i word? Nah.

I admit, I peeked semi frequently in the political threads that made it to the main page, they usually involved hundreds of flags and stars for all who participated. However, I was much too timid to participate. It was only until a terrorist attack occurred last year in June not 45 minutes from where I live, and I felt personally connected to the discussion and felt like I had to vent. Since then, I've not hesitated to (over)state my political philosophies, as if they were relevant or something.

Since then, I must admit, a majority of my stars (not flags) have been earned by chiming in with a subtle political troll at the right place and the right time. And yes, I actually pay attention to the S&Fs, not because I consider them important, I'm just analytical that way. Remember, every man and every woman is a star!

At one point, I had taken pride in the fact that I almost never made a political thread. Well, that's out the window. A brief inspection of my thread history will reveal my early motivation for intellectual discourse that slowly devolved into being the first person to make a thread about something as incessant as a tweet. Sure, I've made my contributions. And a special thanks to the mods who have helped me along way, especially those who had a lot of their own credibility on the line to put my foot in the door to get a certain thread made.

But the rest of you? Shame on you. You're ignoring a moment in history that is meant for the privileged thinkers and seekers, like us. I know I am not the only Twin Peaks fan on this forum. I've seen other members with TP avatars, and some have chimed in here and there in threads I've made about the subject.

But Twin Peaks, and distinctly Mark Frost & David Lynch, should have a special home here on ATS. We should have multiple threads, ripe with inquiry into the unconscious symbolism of the Native American folk lore referenced by Frost, or the connections to Isis Unveiled written by Helena Blavatsky, or the fact that in reality, Twin Peaks is a way for Mark Frost to exude much occult wisdom (of which cannot be said explicitly) into a world where the subtle and sublime seem to intersect into a Gestalt of ideas and suspense.

It is true that the Black Lodge was written about in Isis Unveiled by Helena Blavatsky (1888), but she is not its origin. The lodges are a Native American myth and are not fictitious in a sense that they were conceived for the show. Blavatsky also wrote about the significance of electricity in the occult, particularly in regards to the practice of telepathy and levitation.

Black & White Lodges

The Black Lodge and White Lodge are extra-dimensional, connected places, the Black Lodge being a place of darkness and evil, while the White Lodge is a place of goodness. The lodges seem to be connected through the "Red Room" as seen by Agent Cooper in a dream, where he sees himself 25 years older sitting in a chair. The Native American policeman Deputy Hawk says that the Lodges are from the mythology of his people.

The Red Room is like a limbo link to the lodge, the spirits of the lodge are Jungian archetypes of evil incorporated with Native American folk lore. They inhabit the land and are familiars of BOB, the show's antagonist.

It appears that those who are submitting to the corrupting influence of the Black Lodge can at times briefly, and involuntarily, exhibit this influence to others through a bizarre appearance of a corpse-gray skin tone combined with rotted teeth. Leo Johnson witnesses this appearance when he sees Windom Earle arrive with a bag filled with spiders that he intends to torture Leo with, in which Windom's face has this appearance. Harold Smith also witnesses this appearance of Laura Palmer when she begins to behave aggressively towards him, saying the words "fire walk with me". Finally, Leland also gets this appearance just before entering the Red Room. The distance a person is from the entrance circle physically seems to determine its effect on that person: the effect usually corrupts the person's soul, making those easily corruptible become malicious and twisted.

The secret society of the Bookhouse Boys pledges to aid each other against the undefined "evil that lurks in those woods", beginning before the murder of Teresa Banks and the investigation led by Cooper of Laura Palmer's murder and its many consequences and implications. This evil was eventually concluded to be the Black Lodge itself.

BOB appears to represent the universal nature of evil, that it consumes one's soul like the fury of a flame, bursting into shimmering light... then fading away into nothing. The cycle of life.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chants out between two worlds
Fire walk with me

BOB, the spirits, and some occasional mortals gather above a convenience store to participate in occult rituals, the likes of which are described by Blavatsky, and secondarily by Crowley.

(Skip to 2:39 for the most revealing sentence spoken by BOB in the entire series/film)

Major Briggs, a character from the first two seasons (the actor has since passed but his character has lived on to tell more tales in the revival in Season 3) is a retired Air Force Major, who personally dealt with Project Blue Book:

Apparently Frost didn't want to leave any conspiracies out, he was pretty inclusive of all major modern conspiracies, most of which have been derived from the same essential theme (that which is hidden, aka the occult). UFOs are not excluded from this derivative.

The main protagonist, Agent Cooper (sent to investigate the death of Lara Palmer), seemingly flirts with these occult forces, curious, but unaware. He also makes use of unorthodox detective methods, such as the employ of occult magic, both eastern and western traditions:

I'll stop here and see where this thread goes. Maybe if some of you are deserving, I'll dish out more.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

edit on 24-7-2017 by sophie87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Is this on Showtime or Hulu?

I pay for Netflix and use an antenna. I can't afford cable or paying for multiple services like Netflix and Hulu.

I have thought of going with a service like HBO or Showtime.

Love Netflix I can't let it go.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
So after all that what's so special about Twin Peaks? Seriously as I don't have cable and my flatscreen is now a monitor.

Is it on Netflix? I refuse to torture myself with commercials.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Kukri

Gotta love Netflix.

I could sell Netflix.

One time I tried selling DirecTV. It sucked.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I don't have access to it atm, but from what you've described, it's right up my alley and I will probably marathon the entire thing in one sitting.

ETA: and as for your rant, I feel/felt the exact same way about almost all of your points. For the amount of threads that I pump out, I take great pride in not spamming political ones and try to be as diverse (and interesting) as possible.

edit on 24-7-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I have started watching the 3rd season 3 times, and have never gotten past the half way point of the second episode. I am eventually sit down and hopefully I will get into it, but so far, meh.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
One thread exists already, because I've seen it and posted on it.

edit on 24-7-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
One thread exists already, because I've seen it and posted on it.

Show me, please.

Here is the one I made about Mark Frost's historic-fiction novel, The Secret History of Twin Peaks. It was released last October and is supposed to fill in the gap between Season 2 & Season 3 (25 years).

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
With pleasure.
Twin Peaks; The Return

edit on 24-7-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: uwontbelievethis
a reply to: Kukri

Netflix is currently (and has been for years now) carrying all of Seasons 1 & 2 of Twin Peaks. They may or may not have the prequel film (done after the show was cancelled) Fire Walk With Me.

The new season is indeed produced and distributed on Showtime. With the cracked firestick, you can watch a new episode at most 2 days after it airs.

But to be clear, I do not condone or recommend bootlegging Twin Peaks. I currently have a $7.99/month subscription to Showtime just for Twin Peaks. Although, lately I've been delighted by their other content (such as the Putin tapes).

Anyways, I waited 25 years for new episodes. And gosh darn it, I'll be damned if I miss out on tuning in each weak to see the new episode.

It's all about commitment, yo.

link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Thank you, sir.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

It's a cult following only.

You won't find discussion here. I recommend WelcomeToTwinPeaks.com

edit on 24-7-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

WelcomeToTwinPeaks.com is a tourist trap.

The official unofficial Twin Peaks message board is hidden in plain sight. PM me and I'll send the link.

I don't want THAT forum to get barraged with Trump threads, either. So forgive me for being cloak & dagger.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'lll tell you why there are not more threads. That stuff is darn hard to figger out. And most of us don't have time to review properly. We need your help! Personally I get the archetypal stuff. It's all very synchronistic for me. The vortex in last night's episode somewhat resembled an experience I once had, looking at the sky, years before and had just shared for the first time with someone the day before--you know, stuff like that. It has happened before watching David Lynch's work. I seem to have lived and worked in places, such as parts of L.A., and Montreal, that were symbolically akin to the Red Room. Places where amazing forces of both good and evil could appear to possess human beings, where the reality distortion field could literally cause you see interdimensionally, with no drugs stronger than tobacco plus a working man's hangover to account for the bizarre effect of it.

No doubt David Lynch and Mark Frost have direct experience of all this, because you can't make this sh** up! By sh**, I mean the visionary force of the art.

Nevertheless, darned if I or most folks for that matter have a clue about where the writers' material actually comes from. That's why we need you.

Speaking of last night's episode, do you have any idea what "you don't ever want to know about that" corresponds to vis a vis Native American traditions, and if so, please don't say anything.

Please enlighten us, more, but not too soon. I still need to study the material you put here. THank you!

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Namdru

Speaking of last night's episode, do you have any idea what "you don't ever want to know about that" corresponds to vis a vis Native American traditions, and if so, please don't say anything.

I do, and if you want the answer I can try to give you the short version via PM.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

WHY Are There Not At Least 10 or 20 Threads About Twin Peaks Season 3?

Because Season 3 is awful.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

That's Black Lodge stuff.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

No doubt David Lynch and Mark Frost have direct experience of all this, because you can't make this sh** up! By sh**, I mean the visionary force of the art.

Lynch is deep into meditation. That was his answer once when asked where he gets his ideas.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 123143

Thank you so much for contributing to my thread. You really push the envelope with content!

I suggest reading the book you have backhandedly alluded to:

Catching the Big Fish: Meditation, Consciousness, & Creativity.

I have my copy.

Lynch did a fascinating book tour that involved a lecture and a demonstration of brainwave synchronization via meditation as measured by an electroencephalogram that projected the waves in real time onto a screen behind the stage.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join