It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump dumping the 'beleaguered' Sessions for Giuliani?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Did somebody mention Christie?

Yea, he would have been my pick, bridge gate scandal or not.

He's actually one of the most qualified people on Trump's list of consideration for Attorney General. And, he's put away many terrorists while working as AG for Jersey (before governor).

Too bad Big Pharma's lobbyists have him ball & chain on marijuana rights/research/treatment.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Constant turnovers in an administration lead to very little getting done and a sense of chaos overall.

edit on 7/24/2017 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/24/2017 by sputniksteve because: This is F'd. Quote is so broken, Jesus had to die again.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Now there is the shots of him on the beach that did not go over well with anyone. I think that he is probably toast.

We can only hope. But, nothing this administration does would surprise me!

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Sessions was supposed to do it right the way. He's playing games or got scared. You know what usually happens to people going after the Clintons.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The Apprentice has really lived up to his catchphrase so far, wouldn't this be like the third person Trump has fired from his Administration so far?

Trump said he was going to get "the best people", which might be true, but he didn't mention it was going take a few hirings and firings for those people to finally get there.

This Administration has been a complete disaster so far, Trump is making a mockery of the office.
edit on 7/24/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/24/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

wow, the way y'all go on about the Clinton's they must be the most intelligent people in the world! super sleuths, capable of so many crimes, murders, an intrigue... they leave no evidence, apparently, why else won't the republican senate investigate??

they're solely responsible for everything bad in the world it seems.

yet with all that power they didn't win... odd that.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Trump has enough problems without adding sessions and his questionable activity to the mix.

www.zerohedge.com...

And the way Sessions was insulted in the NYTs by Trump won't do Trump any favors when Sessions is called to testify. No loyalty and no honor from the WH.

edit on 24-7-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Trump's camp can't have it both ways. He said point blank he didn't see any reason to go after Clinton. Now he's blaming Sessions for not going after Clinton.

All through Obama's terms, any issue with Holder or Lynch was de facto laid at Obama's feet. For whatever reason, now people are happy to go after Sessions and leave Trump out of the equation, despite his own words on the subject just a few months ago.

Pretty mind boggling.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

wow, the way y'all go on about the Clinton's they must be the most intelligent people in the world! super sleuths, capable of so many crimes, murders, an intrigue... they leave no evidence, apparently, why else won't the republican senate investigate??

they're solely responsible for everything bad in the world it seems.

yet with all that power they didn't win... odd that.

Since you seem to know what we think about the Clintons, why don't you tell us what you think about them too.
edit on 24-7-2017 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Now this is being reported by The Hill

Note that this may be his way of thinking he's putting pressure on Sessions, etc. From TheHill article:

Axios reports that Trump regularly considers personnel switch-ups, but doesn’t always act. Pondering about bringing in Giuliani may fall under this umbrella.

So it may just be posturing to try and bring Sessions/etc in line. Sessions has been known to waiver and kowtow to authority (while ignoring voters) to keep his position.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I sure as hell don't think session's main concern is the Clintons and I don't think he's scared of them either.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyJeans

I hope this is true. Sessions scares me more than Trump . Rudy not so great either, but all the medical MJ crack down and Civil Forfiture crap Iv been hearing about leaves me saying good riddance Jeffy, nice try on taking us back 50 years.

Rudy will be worse than Sessions if he gets in then it's hello police state. At least for non-white people.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Christie was heavily involved in the campaign, and would find himself in the same predicament as Sessions, needing to recuse himself from the Russian investigation. The same might also apply to Giuliani.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyJeans

I hope this is true. Sessions scares me more than Trump . Rudy not so great either, but all the medical MJ crack down and Civil Forfiture crap Iv been hearing about leaves me saying good riddance Jeffy, nice try on taking us back 50 years.

Exactly. Sessions is about as dark side as it gets. He's anti-states rights. He's anti-liberty. He's anti-constitution. Kick his sorry ass to the curb.

Please god don't replace him with Chris Christie, the fat mafia version of Sessions.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

I sure as hell don't think session's main concern is the Clintons and I don't think he's scared of them either.

That wasn't the question.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
So Trump is a wishy-washy flip-flopper?
I thought Republicans didn't like that?!

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: Shamrock6

Sessions was supposed to do it right the way. He's playing games or got scared. You know what usually happens to people going after the Clintons.

Yeah, Sessions got scared.

He took on his new role eagerly "thinking" that it was a good professional move, but began to realize that he had more freedom as a legislator, than working in the executive branch, where everything he says could lead him into a "trap".

It's like going from "boss" to "employee", and suddenly finding out you could now get "fired" for saying the wrong thing.

In this case, he could go to prison, if he's caught out in a lie. Whereas, when he was legislator, he could lie all the time, and not worry about consequences. He would be the one sitting on the investigation committee throwing the questions, now he'd have to be answering them. Not a fun place to be, to sit in the other chair.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Sessions is not going after Hillary. That's why.
Sessions is not going after anyone...

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Sessions isn't going anywhere....youre being out played....

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Sessions isn't going anywhere....youre being out played....

Out-played in what silly game?

All we have to do is sit back and watch everything unfold.

So far...Trump has been the one making stupid choices on the 'game board'.

He talked trash and canned Comey. It's not unreasonable to suggest Trump may be doing the same with Sessions. Talk trash and then can him.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join