It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to your future Millenialls and Gen Y... welcome to Neo-American Feudalism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

Hard working>???

Apparently the concept of working hard is confusing to you?

This is why so many people laugh at Millennials and their incessant whining.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Dude you just completely ignored the contents of my post and focused on the very first thing in the response.

Get lost, you are a troll and everyone here should be done responding to you.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Well I work full time and go to school full time is that enough work yet??

Also I would like to point out almost everyone I was posting about involved in the tech industry are already working full time and have fulfilled their post-secondary school requirements.

Just so happens that's not enough anymore.
edit on 24-7-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

As opposed to what generation before having Morals? Which one was this?

Was it the generations that allowed/did nothing about slavery in the world for so long? Was is the generation using water cannons against people of a "different color"? Perhaps the generations that wanted long drawn out engagements militarily in Korea, Vietnam, etc.

Are these the generations that carry with them, the moral fiber and compass we need to be seeking?

Lulz, k.

You are the one telling the story, perhaps you could elaborate a little ?

ETA

I should clarify my answer, what does moral fibre have to do with generational welfare.....no....nevermind.dumb question...

edit on 24-7-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Hard working>???

I know the distinction well.

My grandfather works hard.
My father works smart.
I think about what I want to work on.

The last step is the key difference in what's valuable for the future of society and what he's addressing.

You can work the hardest at pushing a rock. Or question why move the rock. Both are valued jobs in our society still, but most people are just pushing rocks thinking they're doing the most important job.

Conversations on this very forum about the future of technology are disheartening as older people fear losing jobs and losing money more than the very advancement of our race itself.

Would you rather your hard job ensures your stability or your kids not be subjected to a life as hard as yourself?

The answer from most of the conservative people around here are the most selfish lies ever. Some nonsense answer that actually ties their own insecurities into the answer over what they know would be better for 'their kids'(themselves). I'd like the problems of my today, to be trivial for my future generation. You call me crazy, then get in your car, and go to your home with heat, and running water, and likely a dishwasher, a device specifically named after the person it replaced.
edit on 24-7-2017 by DoneWithHumans because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
a reply to: lordcomac

You are a fool is the problem.

School costed close to nothing still when you were in it as opposed to now and guess what generation made it possible to saddle Millennials with tons and tons of student loan debt so as to make sure they could get loans taken out against those students as collateral.

The ignorance of the previous generations is both staggering, and appalling.

Sadly you are wallowing in your ignorance, you are no better than the member you are denigrating, you are both equally to blame for this mess

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DoneWithHumans

I shouldn't be forced to change just because you want to change.

Go do you, but don't tell me I have to change for you.

I have no interest in what other people do until they start dictating to me what I have to do or what I need to think. If a generation of people wants to sit around playing video games and underachieving then that's fine, but just because your college professor told you that you have it rough doesn't mean you do.

I work with lots of young people and the main difference is that some of them whine about how hard their lives are and the rest of them use their brain and do something with themselves.

So, again, do whatever makes you happy, but don't come trying to steal mine.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Well I work full time and go to school full time is that enough work yet??

Also I would like to point out almost everyone I was posting about involved in the tech industry are already working full time and have fulfilled their post-secondary school requirements.

Just so happens that's not enough anymore.

You are never going to explain in way to him he understands, he grew up in you walk out the door walk into another ,ask for a job and it was a done deal.

The generation gap is affecting conversations and peoples ability to read between the lines.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Oh I am used to it taking weeks of hard labor to find a job and months and months of weeding out bad jobs to only find a decent one.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Oh I am used to it taking weeks of hard labor to find a job and months and months of weeding out bad jobs to only find a decent one.

Even better your generation gets the added advantage of internships, you get to work a whole year without pay to get moved on, and another sucker takes your place.

That is one elephant that rarely gets the limelight !

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Yes however some of us use our brains and work hard and experience upward mobility in terms of skills and our professional networks, but depending on your sector your may still be left hanging with crumbs of income with no hope of paying off loans, saving for a house, retirement, etc.

I have an advanced degree and six years of work experience and I'll tell you right now that when my parents were my age, they did have it on easy street--their advanced degrees were paid for, my dad had a job with a pension, my mom owned a condo...

I mean, forget it. If they get rid of social security for our generation we will be totally screwed because despite my amazing professional reputation I can't have a future making $700 a month and neither can my peers who are in the same boat. Some of them even have more advanced degrees, more experience, and more debt than I do. I'm not talking about Art History majors. I'm talking about environmental lawyers and scientists.

But we should all go, what, develop apps or something right? Or not have finished college and gotten some cushy job through a friend?
edit on 7/24/2017 by ravenshadow13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ravenshadow13

You don't work hard enough.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Hard working>???

Here is a foreign concept , people who work at MacDonald's work hard, even though they are not worth the minimum wage and need assistance to live, because working hard is not synonymous with earning a living wage in the real world.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Corporate housing is already common place. I can see a time not too far away where home ownership will be a thing of the past. People will live in their bosses (masters) provided accommodation and the costs will come out of wages. People will be able to afford nothing above the basics to survive. Slavery just by another means for the masses - incredible wealth for the few. That seems to have been the aim for quite some time.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

It's a benefit now, we will provide you with a place to live but don't expect any pay or autonomy in return! Just enjoy your slavery while Bezos and Zuck enjoy billions on top of billions. The craziest part is none of them even produce a product. That's how insane it is.

Like my 40 hours paid vacation for the first 2 years, what a joke.

Oh I have a job that requires patience and skill.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   

I understand what it means to 'do you', but people need larger scope.

Being the single cog of a useless system isn't very much 'you' in the first place.

If an oil rig guy is replaced, ya he's replaced, but the system hardly functions with just him. Or a truck driver.

I don't know what you think I'm actionably trying to change about you, other than your perception.

The richest person in the State I live(billionaire) begs to buy my company, so I'm plenty successful, thank you.

But what is success? Is it learning to scuba dive? or a second language? Or a relationship? Or a skill?

If it's tons of #ing money, people need to back the hell off me, I've traveled this rabbit hole and it's a dead end, full of people just like you thinking I'm trying to take something away from you. Me telling you a there's a potential future without that BS specifically is a gift.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DoneWithHumans

I don't know what you think I'm actionably trying to change about you, other than your perception.

I allowed one persons asinine comment about my father's generation to make me angry which I shouldn't have done. I apologize for letting that cloud my judgement in regards to the rest of the thread.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoneWithHumans
Millennial in my mind is only a patronizing way to generally try to speak to people that are 'younger' than you with the explicit intent of sounding condescending in the first place. No one that is a "Millennial" really calls themselves this, only people looking to talk about 'the next generation of stupid kids, who remain stupid until there is another generation to hate on'.

Most of the older generation that I interact with are idiots compared to Millennials I've met, and the generation before them even dumber many times, some would call this a 'pattern'. I'm not speaking about simple day-to-day life things like Driving, and Computer use, but critical thinking in general. The idea they aren't just 'bad' at video games for example, but literally incapable, while currently 5 year old absolve enough of their environment to understand a button push relates to another event, feels disgusting to me. Imagine having to explain to someone how to use an elevator every opportunity it's used, and that's roughly how it feels having grandparents with a computer and email.

Millennials this, Millennials that, the Baby Boomer group sure pisses me off the most, and are the last people that would ever take advice. It's only fitting they demand to serve it. The audacity the older generation has when talking down to the young ones is fierce though particularly this time around. Generally it's spoken like Millennials are all damned idiots and will never accomplish anything, while we sit here with your old ass bitching, and Millennials discovering cures to diseases and self-making billion dollar companies like SnapChat and Facebook, that the older generation is too old and inept to even figure out 'how to use it', but still stand to mock their decision making skills in the face of this- even directly to the smartest ones, like that's the whole huge joke that successful Millennials are idiots as well.

Discrimination based on Age, Older>Younger is a real and worsening thing. An older man on a plane, sitting next to me in First Class started yelling at a Stewardess about a crying baby, and about how rich he was, blah blah blah, he deserves such respect and how he would sue people this and that, no one wants to hear it. I'm 100x your networth, sit the hell down and enjoy your peanuts that were upgraded to Steak, or did you not notice me dressed in pajamas? The seriousness of the attitude is the worst part. I can't stress that enough. Most of you will be reeling in your graves against what is no doubt your failed personal expectations. You have dwindling retirement because that is the scam you bought into for your life. Opportunity for Millennials has never been better and the ones who lack it just don't work at all. The "Work, Work, Work" attitude kills you and Millennials respect personal self-comfort levels. Working yourself into a grave isn't cool, rest allows better work. Maybe my issue with the man on the plane was the fact he felt like he had to display his pathetic wealth like it matters, many people in the 1% of the 1% don't even matter, there is no reason to actually give a damn once the real lines are set.

But I will say this, calling a Millennial stupid holds about as much footing as calling an American stupid. Anyone being that general is obviously the stupid one. The constant nagging like they're incapable of thought and need people to decide things for them, and their whole generation, is insane. Lets be real here, the biggest issue Millennials face is how the hell we're going to take care of the dying Boomers that excessively demand the highest possible quality of life in their final years.

Your young ass just lacks perspective. When you've spent 6-7-8 decades on this mudball, maybe you'll have some better things to spout than this type of self congratulatory- self centered drival.
Do you think your the first generation to spout such crap ? You also won't be the last. The only thing different thing about you is the stupidity of not even caring anything about the generation that brought your sorry ass into existence.
And people wonder why abortions happen.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

My official predication is that the new state (the corporation) is going to start providing housing before raising the wages of employees and it will market it as a new benefit and try to make it look cool.

Like the old "company towns" that the mining industry used in the 19th and into the mid 1930's. You lived in the company housing, got paid in "script" that could only be redeemed ant the company store.

Makes sense to me. We could call it Milleniall feudalism,.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

3. Baby boomers are the most God Damn useless generation I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with followed by Gen X

So you are annoyed by hard working people that take responsibility for their lives?

You really can't make this stuff up...just WOW.

From SR1TX post:

As opposed to what generation before having Morals? Which one was this? Was it the generations that allowed/did nothing about slavery in the world for so long? Was is the generation using water cannons against people of a "different color"? Perhaps the generations that wanted long drawn out engagements militarily in Korea, Vietnam, etc. Are these the generations that carry with them, the moral fiber and compass we need to be seeking?

So you are ok with slavery, shooting water cannons at people because of color, and endless,, pointless wars?

How does it feel to get the straw man turned on yourself, Metallicus?

<< 1    3  4 >>

join