It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Protest ‘Very Fake News’ CNN Outside of Atlanta Headquarters

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Some fed up people decided to stage a good protest outside CNN HQ in Atlanta.

The theme was all about CNN's participation in the "fake news" onslaught we all know is furiously happening.

Seems they think CNN is anti-Trump and are attempting to sway public opinion with phony stories and hyped-up propaganda.

Americans Protest ‘Very Fake News’ CNN Outside of Atlanta Headquarters

More than 150 protesters charged the CNN headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia to share their disgust with the network’s peddling of “fake news” against President Trump’s administration.

With signs reading “FNN #FakeNewsNetwork” and others targeting the networks’ advertisers such as AT&T and Microsoft, protesters chanted “CNN fake news!” directly in front of the CNN Centers’ signature logo.

Protesters told Breitbart News that the rally against CNN was an effort to call out the media corporation for its unbalanced coverage of the Trump administration and its targeting of Americans, most specifically the creator of the anti-CNN wrestling match meme that the President tweeted out.

+18 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
How many were injured in the riot?
Which buildings did they burn? How many overturned cars?
Your story doesn't report on the aftermath----

ETA: Upon doing a bit of looking about I found that this was the work of a couple of conservative groups. Apparently they don't hire people to show up at their protests to burn and break things. Looks like a good time was had by all. That's the way a protest should run. No injuries, no arrests, no property damage.
I commend them all for the exercise of their rights.

I freely admit to being a bit surprised at the amount of backlash I hear against CNN these days. It makes me wonder if Alex Jones and a few other brave souls out there are finally having an impact. Their attacks on Jones have raised their ratings but not nearly as much as Jones' numbers went up.

The audience for on-air meltdowns apparently is pretty small. I don't watch CNN or any other cable tv but I'm told that these professional journalists have been exhibiting this bizarre behavior on a fairly regular basis.
edit on 23-7-2017 by diggindirt because: addition

+20 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Not the left protesting? Should be peaceful.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

this happened back on July 17 (today is the 23rd) - and the video on Brietbart says it is going to be live, and "Please stand by".

Not to mention not hearing about this for almost a week

Multiple red flags for me

edit on 23-7-2017 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

So Breitbart was planning and organizing this since June 12, and a whopping 150ish people showed up.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Ah yes....

Because as we know, "very fake news" is like 10 status levels above just regular "fake news".

SMH

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
CNN news + Real News = The Onion news + Real News

No different.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
Ah yes....

Because as we know, "very fake news" is like 10 status levels above just regular "fake news".

Well, yeah, actually, duh, very fake news is some magnitude worse. That's what the "very" is for. The dictionary is your friend, Kettu.
CNN owns the "very fake news" category.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
This topic is a heroism of "faking news" at its best.
Breitbart, to say the least, is a profound provider of stupified, emotionalistic fake news.

Who believes Breitbart?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I feel so left out-I live here. George Soros must have forgotten to email me-Oh, that's right-I'm not a leftie or the right color.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

So Breitbart was planning and organizing this since June 12, and a whopping 150ish people showed up.

To be fair, even if I lived within an hour's drive of Atlanta... I'd have to go into a major city to join the protest.
Most of the people who aren't cnn sheep love outside of the city, and aren't willing to expose themselves to the city if they don't have to.

Combine that with the fact that no media will really cover such a protest (as seen here) and it's all pretty moot.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Anyone tell me where CNN HQ is?
Anyone tell me where CNN is facing a massive lawsuit for discrimination ?
This is just one of many protests.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   

That's because they're real people with genuine concern and have likely either got jobs or responsibilities, unlike the left nastieswho are welfare recipients and can turn up whenever they like, assuming they can still sleep in till midday.
edit on 24-7-2017 by GusMcDangerthing because: removed video

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: GusMcDangerthing

That's because they're real people with genuine concern and have likely either got jobs or responsibilities, unlike the left nastieswho are welfare recipients and can turn up whenever they like, assuming they can still sleep in till midday.

Nice generalizations, shows how little you know or really care about the topic. The whole the right have jobs so the dont protest is stupid as hell. I thought the right was the group crying about not having jobs.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: GusMcDangerthing

Nice generalizations, shows how little you know or really care about the topic. The whole the right have jobs so the dont protest is stupid as hell. I thought the right was the group crying about not having jobs.

We're long past the time when generalizing the left wing was a sin. I'm not wrong no matter how much you dislike the truth. There are two distinct groups who have two vastly different sets of values. You've betrayed what yours are simply by choosing to see my comment the way you did and get your ball hairs twisted up over it. So damn transparent. You people have absolutely no clue how much and what you even stand for.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: GusMcDangerthing

Everyone you know is a rightie? Are you for real?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Sorry you'll have to explain what you mean, I didn't say that but I can tell you're getting at something I've implied I just don't know what it is.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

You lump all lefties as welfare recipients, why they have time to protest.
I've never been on welfare with three kids. I live in a red state. Plenty of the Christians here rely on SNAP.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

You lump all lefties as welfare recipients, why they have time to protest.
I've never been on welfare with three kids. I live in a red state. Plenty of the Christians here rely on SNAP.

Oh, right. Well clearly not all left wing leaning people are but you hit the nail on the head when you described my sentiment as a generalization and the concept exists for a reason.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Ironic the biggest pusher of fake news on ats reporting on fake news. Also people sticking up for Alex Jones...what happened ats?.
edit on 24-7-2017 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join