It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Coming August 21st Solar Eclipse (USA)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

In my location (Cumberland Plateau), we will have 2 mins 32 secs of totality. There are going to be lots of activities/events here and around but, I haven't decided on where/if I want to go away from home to view it. Nashville/Knoxville will be a nightmare, for sure. It is 2 days after my oldest daughter's birthday so I considered creating some sort of event to tie the two together.
The parks, cabins, campgrounds and hotels are full. There is still plenty of land outside town to go and view though if one chooses.
I thought I'd share somethings from an article I read awhile back.

We live disconnected from the natural cycles these days, and while we wouldn’t venerate the Moon, still, it keeps celestial time for us. To note and enjoy the Moon through all her phases is to take joy in Nature the same way we note and enjoy the songbird. Not in the casual way that the bird is just part of the background noise, but as separate and unique, if we are good also identifying the species just by their song.

So too at the next full Moon we should then note the phases as we fall back to New. On which morning will it be the last time we see the Moon before the eclipse? I intend to see Venus in the morning sky on eclipse day…and then to watch for her again in the minutes before totality.

And finally, this.

Let the Moon be more than just background noise in the sky….seek her out to note the beauty of the night sky, perhaps decorated with sunset or sunrise clouds. Watch her march across the constellations and learn their names. Observe with intention, you will be well rewarded.

TN Eclipse Info

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet

Thank you for posting this graphic. I was looking for one that showed exactly this.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13
I meant to post the link I got it from. Has all the info on locations, how it will be etc

Now my 90% looks more like 94%. Still decent, but nowhere near totality zone
USA Eclipse Locations

edit on 24-7-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

During a total eclipse of the Sun, night falls at noon as the Moon’s dark shadow (or umbra) moves from west to east across the Earth. The umbra draws a narrow band along the surface, the path of totality, along which a total solar eclipse can be seen. This is an amazing thing in itself! But there are many interesting phenomena that occur before, during and after totality, if you have enough time to see them!

Total Solar Eclipse Phenomenon

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Interesting to note but not scientific prooof is that strong earthquakes might occur near the region of the totality umbral path. Due to the gravitational pull

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Interesting to note but not scientific prooof is that strong earthquakes might occur near the region of the totality umbral path. Due to the gravitational pull

Exactly, it's what I was looking for also if there was any evidence towards it. A the path is across three of the large risk zones.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

Exactly, it's what I was looking for also if there was any evidence towards it. A the path is across three of the large risk zones.

Yes I believe it crosses the west coast which is ring of fire and new Madrid zone, although I'm not certain. West coast for sure though. Hmmm... I wonder if it crosses Yellowstone?
Ok not quite.

Yellowstone National Park is located just north of totality, yet visitors will still be able to experience 96–99% of a total eclipse—a stunning mid-day darkness as the moon moves in front of the sun. However, the sun's corona will not be visible, as that is only visible where there is a total eclipse.

I'll see what I can find regarding evidence.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join