It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ruling Leads to Offensive Trademark Requests, pretty bad ones at that.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Let them. The free market will decide if they made a good decision or a bad one. Free speech is free speech. We can all choose which products we purchase, and avoid companies that do something offensive.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: UKTruth

I said that I am all about freedom of speech, What I want to know if they are branding themselves with hate, is it going to sell? Is there really a demand for this type of product. I never said they did not have the right to do so. I just wonder how many people would spend money to support such IMO, garbage?

My guess is, they can sell it. People buy tons of offensive stuff in music these days. Some of the lyrics, I can't imagine supporting such an "artist", but people buy it, and they make money. How is this different?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Without reading any other comments, could it be that some of these companies and trying to trademark these words and symbols in order to threaten lawsuit to any who may use them?

Sort of an attempt to police the usage in lieu of your seemingly presumed desire to use it in their branding or products?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Coming soon to America.

I have no issue with this. They should brand themselves whatever they want. If you don't want to support a store or whatever that does it then don't buy stuff from them.

If you're offended to the point of total nonfunctionality from such things then quite frankly you are too fragile and weak-willed to exist in society.
edit on -050011am7kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join