It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Ancient Human Civilizations Said About The Moon

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
The moon 'rings like a bell' because it is solid, just like a blacksmiths anvil ring like a bell, because it is solid.

So does that mean the moon is solid metal like a bell, or an anvil, or hollowed out on the inside like a bell? A bell rings for a long time. An anvil just goes "ping", so the anvil ringing theory doesn't work.

A lot of scientists have actually said the moon is not solid all the way through. They have also said it is very high on metal content.

edit on 24-7-2017 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Ok is it just me or didn't Neil Armstrong right before he died verify the authenticity of the reel of film of the woman called Mona Lisa from the moon? If it wasn't he, it was some other big name.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosTheGreat
Ok is it just me or didn't Neil Armstrong right before he died verify the authenticity of the reel of film of the woman called Mona Lisa from the moon? If it wasn't he, it was some other big name.

No one verified its authenticity. They sent an image of the REAL Mona Lisa (the painting) to the moon, however, as part of a communications test.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

The moon 'rings like a bell' because it is solid, just like a blacksmiths anvil ring like a bell, because it is solid.

So does that mean the moon is solid metal like a bell, or an anvil, or hollowed out on the inside like a bell? A bell rings for a long time. An anvil just goes "ping", so the anvil ringing theory doesn't work.

A lot of scientists have actually said the moon is not solid all the way through. They have also said it is very high on metal content.

"ring like a bell" is an unfortunate turn of phrase. It doesn't go "DOINNNNNNNGGG", like you might assume. However, it does transmit vibrations (example: if you put your ear against a big stone you can hear when someone taps the other side of it.) A large enough hit from a meteorite transmits this "thud" wave around the Moon multiple times (like Ding-ing-ing-ing-ing... only it doesn't ding, you know)... and that's what they mean when they say it 'rings like a bell.'

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

"ring like a bell" is an unfortunate turn of phrase. It doesn't go "DOINNNNNNNGGG", like you might assume. However, it does transmit vibrations (example: if you put your ear against a big stone you can hear when someone taps the other side of it.) A large enough hit from a meteorite transmits this "thud" wave around the Moon multiple times (like Ding-ing-ing-ing-ing... only it doesn't ding, you know)... and that's what they mean when they say it 'rings like a bell.'

Well, I knew the moon being so large wouldn't ring like a bell, at least not in sound. I would think it would reverberate at a very low frequency as well so it could be felt, but maybe not really heard much, especially on the moon with no air.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Indeed our moon is very special
www.evawaseerst.be...

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak
Our Moon is weird.
Like no other in the solar system.
I would expect something like Mars. A few
potato shaped moons circling Earth. Or even
like Jupiter with lots of moons.

And instead we have just one and it's the largest?
Tidally locked, and too perfect in many ways .
So the ancients were right to imbide the Moon
with all sorts of creation stories.

I know, something is off about the moon and I've heard so many stories that the moon is artificial.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Well, I knew the moon being so large wouldn't ring like a bell, at least not in sound. I would think it would reverberate at a very low frequency as well so it could be felt, but maybe not really heard much, especially on the moon with no air.

Such vibrations dampen out reasonably quickly on Earth because Earth has liquid (and plastic, geologically speaking) layers which absorb more of the energy of the vibration, whereas the moon does not.
This absorption, in fact, is how we know the states of the various layers in the Earth and their (approximate) depths.

Same is true for a sonogram of a fetus.

It's obvious on a seismograph - which was what was used on the Moon.

Harte

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: zandra

Indeed our moon is very special
www.evawaseerst.be...

Maybe find a better source.
From your link:

Before the mega disasters (until thousands of years later) the moon was never depicted.

A fascinating and mysterious celestial body that changes shape and is childishly simple to be painted, is nowhere to be seen in any picture older than say 8000 years.

Venus of Laussel, holding the crescent moon. Age: circa 25,000 years before present.link to pic

Again, check your sources, when you can anyway.

Harte

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Oh I answered my own question
edit on 7/26/2017 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak
Our Moon is weird.
Like no other in the solar system.
I would expect something like Mars. A few
potato shaped moons circling Earth. Or even
like Jupiter with lots of moons.

And instead we have just one and it's the largest?
Tidally locked, and too perfect in many ways .
So the ancients were right to imbide the Moon
with all sorts of creation stories.

We do have other "moons" and satellites orbiting us:

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: RAY1990

a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

Even more unique, the size of the moon and its placement is such that it creates total eclipses of the sun. How rare must that be?

I'm more fascinated by the timing, it would appear that it wasn't always such a perfect arrangement until something could appreciate it's placement.

Synchronicity?

The moon is slowly moving further away form the earth. At some point in the future the eclipses won't be total anymore.

I haddalink, where'd that go?

Timing is everything with eclipses, the Earth varies in distance from the Sun depending on the time of the year, where you're looking from on Earth makes a difference too.

Sweet spots in the grand game of alignment.

Sometimes I wonder if it's just humans that play this game, it's a hardwired instinct for us.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Sometimes I wonder if it's just humans that play this game, it's a hardwired instinct for us.

Everything thats weird today is labeled synchronicity...

Imagining the number of stars and planets in this galaxy alone there are probably many such eclipses occurring around other star systems.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Everything thats weird today is labeled synchronicity...

Imagining the number of stars and planets in this galaxy alone there are probably many such eclipses occurring around other star systems.

True. But how many live to appreciate eclipses?

As for alignment, noticing such things is hardwired into our brains, I mean I'm sure other creatures can notice such things in a celestial sense, it's the ongoing theory of how some creatures navigate to reproduction sites.

But for humans it's a significant trait, from our early days of working out east and west to advanced navigation with stars, we see the patterns and remember them.

Synchronicity... When significance happens in a fairly insignificant life. I can't honestly say it doesn't occur, I've had a few things happen to me that has crazy odds.

Like finding about 5 4-leaf clovers in the space of a few weeks.

Significant? Not really.
Synchronicity? I couldn't say, I just had a feeling to look down.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zimnydran

I have my own theory. The moon is made of cheese. Cheese is less dense than rock and accounts perfectly for the gravity issue.
Problem solved... no hollow moon required

The moon smells like doughy bread to me, don't think it's cheese. Some type of carbohydrate.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

There was a Japanese myth where a girl from the Moon came down to Earth. In the end of the story she was picked up by her people and was send back to the moon.

en.wikipedia.org...

Theres an English myth where a cow jumped over the Moon ....

And another where a Victorian inventor used cavorite so that and his comrades became the first men in the Moon.

Stories prove nothing

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Synchronicity... When significance happens in a fairly insignificant life. I can't honestly say it doesn't occur, I've had a few things happen to me that has crazy odds.

"Synchronicity" today is supposed to be thinking of something and then the radio or TV mentions it, like that. I consider that to be random chance, it does happen, but not that often.

Okay so messages from beyond and all that...

more like we think of someone and they call on the phone... or we don't go on a flight and it crashes, or a light turns green and we don't go and a car zips thru the intersection.

just hearing something you thought about or even finding four leaf clovers, is ummm, stretching.

Have you ever been suddenly thinking of a long forgotten friend and then bump into them at the super market?

Now thats synchronicity.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I've stood in a queue, thought of an ex I hadn't seen for years and knew she was behind me, turned around and was pleasantly greeted.

The four leaf clovers, it was a case of finding multiple of them in a short space of time, I'd be walking along and had that feeling to look down.

Tbh I've had many cases of Synchronicity, it seems to happen in waves, like I'll have a few weird weeks.

I made a good friend once when we both whistled an obscure song in a supermarket, we both heard each other and walked to the bottom of our respective aisles and laughed at each other.

It was a tenpole tudor song, over the hills with the swords of a thousand men.

Chance, it's all just chance.
edit on 3-8-2017 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I've stood in a queue, thought of an ex I hadn't seen for years and knew she was behind me, turned around and was pleasantly greeted.

Happened to me too. Those are the best.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join