It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changing gender roles set to become EASIER

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Link

Changing gender is to become easier under Government plans to knock away “demeaning” rules that force people to undergo medical checks.

A demand to provide two years worth of evidence showing you have been living as the opposite sex could be scrapped after an official review was launched. 

The need to undergo a medical check that sees a panel of doctors test whether you are psychologically sound could also be ended.

Suzanna Hopwood, a member of the Stonewall Trans Advisory Group, said: “It’s vital that this reform removes the requirements for medical evidence and an intrusive interview panel, and finally allows all trans people to have their gender legally recognised through a simple administrative process.”

Really???

This has been a really heated and sensitive topic lately, so I'm just going to say my piece and then abandon my thread, in order to avoid a debate with people that just don't want an honest discussion. I'm not about going in circles for another 100 pages, once was enough.

The basic premise of my recent thread was that introducing this to young children was not only unnecessary, but very dangerous, because it will only end up confusing young impressionable minds, potentially forcing them to make premature, life altering decisions that they may regret in the future. The main argument against my premise was that only those who truly suffer from dysphoria would be able to receive a sex change, after going through years of intensive mental/physical therapy and analysis.

Well you can throw that out the window now, because apparently they want to allow anyone that wants a sex change, to be able to. Yeah, absolutely no agenda and absolutely no problem with the direction this is going..

The reason for this you ask?

is embarrassing and intrusive

Yeah, because feelings are more important than figuring out if you're actually a transgender.

edit on 23-7-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because:

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

If you believe that then I have a bridge to sell you.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Erm...

I don't care about this either way...

But I don't think many people are going to lie to the surgeons just so they can change gender for no reason whatsoever.

I mean...

What do you think is going to happen?
People are going to make up that they're transgender, get their penis removed... and then what?

I don't see the point in those original demands because no one is going to lie about that just so they can change their body parts... that is a pointless endeavour.

Oh wait...

Well you can throw that out the window now, because apparently they want to allow anyone that wants a sex change, to be able to.

...Agenda...

You already think that's what will happen.

Jesus, do you have no logic nodes in your brain?

+21 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I'm not worried about them lying to the doctors, I'm worried about them lying to themselves.

Big difference.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I don't know why you're worried at all about any single part of this, to be honest.
It will never affect you.

But...

I don't think people without gender dysphoria who are questioning their gender decide to opt for surgery straight away anyways.

Not unless they're retarded.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

And the doctors would be retarded to go with it as well.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Are you sure it doesn't affect me?

I wouldn't be so passionate about this for no reason, I'll tell you that.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I can guarantee it.

Unless you somehow believe what other people decide to do/choose in their life is your business as well...
I can't help you there I'm afraid.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

I wouldn't be so passionate about this for no reason, I'll tell you that.

Hey man, chill out dude. It's like Skittles. Taste the Rainbow.

Marxism described this exact thing to take down Western Society and our culture. Not sure why so many people support it and why so many people seem shocked. History people, history. They will win the war without firing a shot.

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Well now you just look foolish, because I work with mentally ill and troubled teens, and mental health in general is a huge part of who I am and what I do. I personally know kids that are dealing with this right now.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
A retarded guy: "Doctor will you please chop my dick off?"
A retarded doctor: "Sure. I'll make you an appointment. And sign this agreement that you do not sue me if you are unhappy with the surgery."

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Well now you just look foolish...

We'll see...

because I work with mentally ill and troubled teens, and mental health in general is a huge part of who I am and what I do...

Very noble... still doesn't affect you...
You must be getting to that part...

I personally know kids that are dealing with this right now.

Nope. This is the end of your post and I'm still not seeing it...

Tell me...
This affects you how?

By the way I'm just stringing you along.
I don't believe your anecdote at all.

You say you're "worried" they might be lying to themselves, but you already called it an "agenda"...
That's not concern. At all.

I don't even know what to call it, but it certainly isn't concern.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

So you're really going to tell me what affects me in my life? How arrogant can you be?

You should look through my thread history, I've been expressing my "anecdotes" since I first arrived here, and with that being said, your opinion does not affect me.

edit on 22-7-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

So the guy is a professional working with kids going through these issues, but you don't understand how it impacts him personally?

Are you obtuse?

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

...your opinion doesn't even affect me.

That's good, I sincerely wouldn't want it to affect you.
This is just a forum where we talk sh*t.

So you're really going to tell me what affects me in my life? How arrogant can you be?

Unless, one day, you start questioning your gender and then immediately opt for surgery without contemplation...
Yes I can...

Until then, others decisions regarding their body, will always be none of your business.

I hope you figure that out sooner rather than later.

Good day.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Of course he's being obtuse, for the sake of not looking like a fool.

Too late though.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Yes I've been volunteering the last 8 years of my life, helping young kids for fun only, because it doesn't affect me personally at all.

Didn't know you had this in you to be honest, maybe I overestimated you.

Sad, really.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Didn't know you had this in you to be honest, maybe I overestimated you.

Sad, really.

You shouldn't get attached to a commentator on a forum.
You certainly shouldn't be sad that one day they disagree with you.

Yes I've been volunteering the last 8 years of my life, helping young kids for fun only, because it doesn't affect me personally at all.

I never once suggested your "job" didn't affect you.

I said that other people's decisions, about their lives, are none of your business.

It's clear who is being obtuse, you're clearly taking what I said (this (as in the drive by these liberals) will not affect you) out of context.

No wonder your last thread went a thousand pages.

You seem to argue over semantics.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Many people, including myself, have worked with kids.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join