It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voter Fraud Database Tops 1,000 Proven Cases

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

So basically youre saying, youre against Voter ID's then.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: alphabetaone

The problem is that if you are aren't actively looking for the fraud, you can't know if it exist or not.

So, given the tone of your statement, one has to surmise that you, in contrast, DO actively look for the fraud. How precisely do you do that? Do you question everyone you run across on the street asking for applicable ID and how many times and in what way they voted? Tell us your secret and let us know how you actively look for the fraud so the rest of us can figure it out. OTHERWISE, the Governmental body responsible for tallying voter fraud has only proven one case in the 2016 election cycle of actual voter fraud....and until you can enlighten us with your methodology and THUS disprove the body responsible (the watchdogs), looks like the "actively looking" part is going to have to go to the professionals who deal with it.

One can only surmise that Democrats are against this because they know they have a lot of voters who shouldn't be voting.

I live in NJ, arguably the most democratic leaning state in the union, of which I refuse to be a part of, yet EVERYONE I know (and almost those are democrats) are not against the idea of Voter ID .... so, if you would, like your magic for actively looking, could you be more precise on where your "Democrats are against this" derivation stems from so I know who to look out for in the future?

You do something as simple as requiring state issued ID.

I asked you how you personally "actively look for voter fraud", those were your words, not mine. Condoning state issued voter ID's is not tantamount to "actively looking for voter fraud", in fact it is the exact opposite - it is an attempt to prevent it.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
a reply to: xuenchen

How about election fraud and gerrymandering? How about we look into that and see what that reveals?

Show us the "Gerrymandering" without speculative assumptive deductions.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
a reply to: xuenchen

How about election fraud and gerrymandering? How about we look into that and see what that reveals?

THIS is the right answer. Politicans arent supposed to elect their voters, voters are supposed to elect their politicians.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Let's also not forget that the Heritage Foundation are the geniuses that gave us Obamacare.

What ?

I thought the U.S. Congress and the President made the Obama.Care Law in 2010 ?

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
It is worse than I thought.

Almost 23 cases of voter fraud per state over the past 30 plus years. That is almost 3 votes per election.

Stop the presses bring out the dogs demand recounts it is a national emergency.

Grab your shovels we are about to be buried in bullsh!t.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

The problem is that if you are aren't actively looking for the fraud, you can't know if it exist or not.

So, given the tone of your statement, one has to surmise that you, in contrast, DO actively look for the fraud. How precisely do you do that? Do you question everyone you run across on the street asking for applicable ID and how many times and in what way they voted? Tell us your secret and let us know how you actively look for the fraud so the rest of us can figure it out. OTHERWISE, the Governmental body responsible for tallying voter fraud has only proven one case in the 2016 election cycle of actual voter fraud....and until you can enlighten us with your methodology and THUS disprove the body responsible (the watchdogs), looks like the "actively looking" part is going to have to go to the professionals who deal with it.

One can only surmise that Democrats are against this because they know they have a lot of voters who shouldn't be voting.

I live in NJ, arguably the most democratic leaning state in the union, of which I refuse to be a part of, yet EVERYONE I know (and almost those are democrats) are not against the idea of Voter ID .... so, if you would, like your magic for actively looking, could you be more precise on where your "Democrats are against this" derivation stems from so I know who to look out for in the future?

You do something as simple as requiring state issued ID.

I asked you how you personally "actively look for voter fraud", those were your words, not mine. Condoning state issued voter ID's is not tantamount to "actively looking for voter fraud", in fact it is the exact opposite - it is an attempt to prevent it.

You actively look for voter fraud at a minimum by requiring ID. Every time someone tries to vote without proper identification, you can begin to know how often it occurs. It also prevents fraud.

It is no different from how background check failures for gun purchases are tracked.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Vast majority of Democrats are probably ok with voter ID, but the Democrat leadership is not. Do you ever wonder why there is this disconnect? Maybe they know something you don't?

It's in how it's implemented. Democrats are fine with voter ID with some caveats like state college ID's are OK or allowing the use of two forms of non-photo ID if the voter doesn't have a photo ID on them. All that illegal/legal voter stuff is done during the registration process, SS#, etc.

Every time I've seen it brought up though it's always very, very restricted. State or federal issued ID (out-of-state doesn't count), no state college ID accepted but concealed carry permits with no photo are A-OK. Very little to no assistance in obtaining a photo ID for those who don't already have one (usually poor, black and old).

Democrats aren't against the principle, they're against some of the proposed implementations.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: introvert

Let's also not forget that the Heritage Foundation are the geniuses that gave us Obamacare.

What ?

I thought the U.S. Congress and the President made the Obama.Care Law in 2010 ?

They did.

Why they followed the lead of the Heritage Foundation is beyond me and I can't understand why the Dems passed a Republican piece of #.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: alphabetaone

Every time voter ID comes up the Democrats scream it Racist.

Most of these examples given are people casting extra absentee ballots. If you show up at polling station twice they don't need your ID to recognize you.

Having an ID doesn't prevent this:

An absentee-ballot buying operation was uncovered in Winston County, Alabama, that led to the conviction of the sheriff, circuit clerk, a district judge, and several candidates for county commission and the board of education. The conspirators set out to buy absentee ballots in the 2000 Republican primary with bribes of cash, beer, and liquor

If you go out and buy Goober and Gomer's legally obtained ballot with a bottle of Thunderball, no amount of identification can stop you.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

All for it! I was pissed I wasn't asked for mine. I went to hand the woman my DL and she waved it off and I was what? I asked her, "What if someone knew me and came in and told you they were me?". She just smiled. I thought I made that clear. Perhaps I was a bit vague.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

You actively look for voter fraud at a minimum by requiring ID.

No you dont. You REQUIRE it.

Every time someone tries to vote without proper identification, you can begin to know how often it occurs.

Someone without it wont even bother, and those (unlikely) individuals that try would be turned away at the door and no one is going to register it. And in the unlikely scenario that you've just played out where they DO get registered for NOT having ID, it would mean the police state would be in full effect and congratulations.

It is no different from how background check failures for gun purchases are tracked.

It is night and day different.

First off, no one ever died from voting.
Secondly, the NCIC database only gets updated when a failure to allow purchase is flagged as an exception. Someone who walks in without ANY purchase permit wont even get a salesman to talk to them (in the states that require firearms purchase permits, like mine).

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
What I don't get is the disparity in enforcement. How is a state issued Photo ID required for obtaining a firearm ( a Constitutionally guaranteed right) but it's not required for obtaining a vote (another Constitutionally guaranteed right) ? An argument can be made that either obtained unlawfully could be a dangerous situation.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I have a Progressive governor, and this last vote was the first time I didn't need to show my ID to vote. All I needed to do was have filled out a voter registration form and DONE. Sorry, but we have already seen the likes of ACORN and how they processed Voter ID's and if you think they have disappeared, I have some really awesome swamp land to sell you. You can fill out voter ID's almost anywhere during elections, and it's up to the integrity of those pimping for you vote as to whether or not they even ask for it.

Interesting that you put it the way you do, in such a hyperbolic fashion.

You do know that the supreme court struck down a voter law in North Carolina in May that was considered the most blatant example of race based voter suppression that had ever gone before the court.

Additionally, the court found the law suppressed voters who tended to be younger, poor, or economically disadvantaged.

Before the law was enacted, state lawmakers conducted an in depth study of voting habits by race and economic indicators. When it was discovered that African Americans tended to vote early, often with mail in ballots, the early voting option was removed, and mail in balloting was restricted.

Additionally, the court found that the law amended the valid voter IDs to the type that only white voters in the state tended to have, and excluded most alternative types of IDs that African Americans were likely to posses.

In short, voter suppression by race does occur. The supreme court has called it out.

So when folk start talking about making it tougher to vote, and someone calls it racist, it just might be.

Don't just trust my word, ask the supreme court of the United States.
edit on 22-7-2017 by TacSite18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

All for it! I was pissed I wasn't asked for mine. I went to hand the woman my DL and she waved it off and I was what? I asked her, "What if someone knew me and came in and told you they were me?". She just smiled. I thought I made that clear. Perhaps I was a bit vague.

Well, you were vague only with respect to the way you typed it, you made it sound as if on the one hand Democrats are screaming about it and you LOVE the idea, then on the other hand about how anyone can fill out a voter ID anywhere at anytime which would technically render the idea of it useless. So I couldnt really tell I guess and just assumed you were against it as useless.
edit on 22-7-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
It is worse than I thought.

Almost 23 cases of voter fraud per state over the past 30 plus years. That is almost 3 votes per election.

Stop the presses bring out the dogs demand recounts it is a national emergency.

Grab your shovels we are about to be buried in bullsh!t.

Yeah, more alt-right fake news to get their low-information base fired up. But they keep biting on that hook...

I blame the education system. Too many home schooled kids memorizing the bible and never learning critical thinking skills.
edit on 22-7-2017 by TacSite18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TacSite18

I have a Progressive governor, and this last vote was the first time I didn't need to show my ID to vote. All I needed to do was have filled out a voter registration form and DONE. Sorry, but we have already seen the likes of ACORN and how they processed Voter ID's and if you think they have disappeared, I have some really awesome swamp land to sell you. You can fill out voter ID's almost anywhere during elections, and it's up to the integrity of those pimping for you vote as to whether or not they even ask for it.

Interesting that you put it the way you do, in such a hyperbolic fashion.

You do know that the supreme court struck down a voter law in North Carolina in May thatvwas considered the most blatant example of race based voter suppression that had ever gone before the court.

Additionally, the court found the law suppressed voters who tended to be younger, poor, or economically disadvantaged.

Before the law was enacted, state lawmakers conducted an in depth study of voting habits by race and economic indicators. When it was discovered that African Americans tended to vote early, often with mail in ballots, the early voting option was removed, and mail in balloting was restricted.

Additionally, the court found that the law amended the valid voter IDs to the type that only white voters in the state tended to have, and excluded most alternative types of IDs that African Americans were likely to posses.

In short, voter suppression by race does occur. The supreme court has called it out.

So when folk start talking about making it tougher to vote, and someone calls it racist, it just might be.

Don't just trust my word, ask the supreme court of the United States.

See? This is where the NRA and the GOP err. What they need to do is get some minorities without ID to try and purchase handguns. Then, when rejected, file suit and take it all the way to the SCOTUS. Create a conundrum. One Constitutionally guaranteed right requires government issued ID, and another doesn't? I bet voter ID laws are mandated before gun laws are done away with
edit on 22-7-2017 by Arizonaguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
An argument can be made that either obtained unlawfully could be a dangerous situation.

What is the danger in someone voting unlawfully (especially in the scant few numbers there are)? I understand the ramifications of it, but where's the danger?

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Well, you were vague only with respect to the way you typed it, you made it sound as if on the one hand Democrats are screaming about it and you LOVE the idea, then on the other hand about how anyone can fill out a voter ID anywhere at anytime which would technically render the idea of it useless. So I couldnt really tell I guess and just assumed you were against it as useless.

Like I said, perhaps I was vague. Sometimes my thoughts and the ability of my fingers to interact properly to convey those thoughts end up confusing to some.

But nope, I am all for Voter ID. As a matter of fact, I thing that is the first thing you and I have ever agreed on.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

What is the danger? Get the wrong person in office and far more lives can be lost thsn any single person with a firearm could ever kill. Silly question

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join