It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old man in a dream told me my reality is fake and something unbelievable happened that night!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
This is a dream I had a month ago or so. This might be long so bear with me. Sufficing to say, something unbelieveable happened the same night!

In that dream I seem to be an Irish living in Brooklyn and I do illegal stuff for a living. I don't even live in USA, I'm not even Irish!

But somehow, in that dream, the police or maybe the FBI used me for a certain job because I think they can't be caught doing it.... They made me deliver either a highly classified or illegal stuff, maybe an experimental drug of some sort and I'm forbidden to look inside the package.

I was on the subway when an old man came to me and told me about the "other reality" I get into, and I think I clearly knew what he meant by that -- my world when I'm awake (this world, our world viewed by our conscious mind...). He told me that it is fake!

The next part is where it gets really spooky!

Old man told me the package I'm holding contains a very powerful hallucinogenic drug. The answer I'm looking for is inside and told me to open it, and take in (ingest) some of it. He said that if I take some of that stuff, I would **wake** up to that fake reality!

And so I opened the package. The package contained what looked like two corn cobs and somehow I clumsily dropped it and ingested some of the stuff that spilled from it.

Immediately after I ingested the hallucinogenic liquid, I woke up!! I woke up just like the old man told me! I woke up in real life is what happened!!

To really make sure that I'm not dreaming, I got up a bit and looked around my room, looked at the time nothing strange, I'm wide awake!

So I went back to sleep again and guess what, the unbelieveable!! I was back to EXACTLY where I left in that dream, in the subway with the spilled package and the old man!!
What did I tell ya?? The old man didn't say anything anymore....He doesn't have to, I think he realizes what I've seen!

I would wake up several more times that night but each time, returning to the same subway train and sometimes to the subway station, completely dazzled when awake, unable to distinguish what real from a dream!

The old man basically told me that a powerful hallucinogenic drug is what's making this "fake reality" and somehow, given our possibly psionic capabilities that we can all interact with each other in that reality.

The worst thing about it is that the old man offered me some proof and it came true, I did wake up the moment I took the stuff and went back to exactly the same place when I slept again and I was woozy the whole night! I never took recreational drugs my entire life and not even took any medication for the last 5 years!

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Well, if the dream world is actually the real one, I want zero parts of it. I have seen some things in dreams that I never want to see again.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Sounds like the movie Source Code.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

So which one do you feel is more real?

I had a dream last night that I sold some documents to Russia, Putin himself wanted to collect them, after we met in the back of a diner and the deal was done I sat out front in the restaurant area. I overheard a woman whispering to a man in a jokingly way that she's here to assassinate someone, knowing Putin had little to no bodyguards I grabbed her and said "who Putin? " and began to arrest her (I must have been a dirty cop lol) and just as I began arresting her the guy sitting with her pulled a gun, aimed right at my head...

Here's the interesting part, as he was aiming I heard a "fizzle" he moved the gun slightly and shot inches by my head, I was instantly pushed aside by something behind me, that something was a terminator with no skin, a T-800. The damn thing was Punching skulls, like a sledge hammer to a watermelon. Pretty horrific stuff...

It only killed the man and woman, it then turned around and stared at me, for some reason I stupidly drew my 38 (must have been a cop) and proceeded to put 2 rounds in it's face, the second one which bounced off and hit my hand, I panicked and luckily hopped the counter and ran into the back while it most likely comprehended my stupity and decided what to do with me.

Expecting to see Putin dead out back I decided to make my escape via the fire exit, but Putin was gone and the fire exit jammed from the other side. As I turned round and faced my mortality I sensed it was a dream and started thinking "ABORT ABORT, WAKE UP NOW!" I did wake up, just as the T-800 raised it's hand to make melon smoothie out of my face.

Dreams can be strange things, maybe they are a link to another realm, I sincerely hope not though because some of the dreams I've had would leave me feeling sorry for their inhabitants.

Maybe the old man was right, the world of dreams isn't a real one but a one of fantasies, constantly moulded and re-moulded by our interaction with them, maybe they are trying to convey a message when they refuse to change. As many people have dreams that are identical, sometimes we dream dreams with extreme similarities or "themes" if you will.

Sometimes dreams are downright bizarre.
edit on 22-7-2017 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
Well, if the dream world is actually the real one, I want zero parts of it. I have seen some things in dreams that I never want to see again.

I seemed to be a *lowlife* in that dream taken advantaged by seemingly corrupt cops.

I never had a dream anything like it. It wasn't a nightmare either because I didn't feel like I'm in any danger in that dream as long as I did my job.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
Sometimes dreams are downright bizarre.

Except for the fact what the old man told me to do, happened **exactly** **in real life**

He told me I would wake up if I take some of that "stuff" and it happened!

What's more bizarre than than, I went back to sleep and came back to the same dream, exactly where I left off with the old man!

I think that's several steps above "bizarre" never had any dream like it my entire life!

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I have re-entered a dream after waking up a few times as well. Usually they are interesting dreams of me trying to escape or get out of some maze or a puzzle of sorts.

Only time I can't seem to re-enter is when I feel I am on the verge of solving the puzzle or getting out of the maze.
edit on am77201717America/Chicago22p11am by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
You are the old man in your dream .

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I don't think you kept waking up and walking around checking everything was real. You were still in the dream. It was part of the storyline in it .
As real as it all seemed. That's the part where your "proof" was not proof!

I've had dreams like that where I'm convinced I kept getting up.
Sounds like a very intense vivid dream. They have a habit of being more easily remembered and seemingly more meaningful.
edit on 22-7-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
dreams are complex stuff, so it makes sense that you would wake up when the dream told you

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Interesting, sometime's the sub conscious can tell us thing's we do not consciously understand and sometimes' it has to do with the spirit/other reality/dimension of existence.

Dream's are powerful and far more than just a filing system or defragmentation for our brain's as some used to believe.

When I first took the body and blood of Christ in the form of a wafer and wine at church I was suffering extreme what I can only call spiritual siege, I won't take this off topic by going too far into that but I turned to the Church out of total desperation as one of the entity's had been laughing saying it had opened all of my door's whatever the hell that meant.

Now My mother is Church of England or Anglican if you prefer and was not a church goer though she totally believe's in Christ and also his mother having had a NDE or actual death experience since she died but came back - long story but she saw a female she associates with Mary whom she felt was her mother and was calling to her to come to her but she remembered her kid's so made the decision to turn and come back to this life in spite of the more than ample suffering she has endured here, my mother is physically disabled as well with only half a hip and the full use of only one arm so walk's with a very pronounced limp - so she had us baptized catholic but of course we were not exactly church goers.

So not long after I obeyed Christ in order to try to ask him for help - my prayers to him seemed to be going unheard so communion with him seemed my only option, I had a very powerful and very REAL I shall not say vivid it was real dream and in this dream a woman whom looked just like my mother but slightly younger and with no disability - it was not my mother but that is how she chose to appear - she was very angry with me or rather very annoyed, she sat me down and said YOU ARE ONE OF MINE and then she gave me a completely transparent wafer the same shape and size as the one I had received at the Anglican communion and it had the texture and consistency of wax but no flavor, then I woke up.

I have my own opinion of what exactly it mean's but that is all it is.

Dream's can be extremely powerful, some are just dream's but other's are more like your spirit is not asleep but somewhere else, another dimension or world even though you remain tied to your earthly body.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I've been told in dreams that the life we think is real, is just a dream. it's not real. Maybe reading too many conspiracy stories have nerdled my mind somehow.
You say you woke up when you opened the package. The reason for this is your heart rate is rising, casuing your body to start all the functions that were dormant when you fell asleep. This happens alot in dreams. When you are about to die or kiss a beautiful woman or any type of situation that makes yiur heart rate rise, you will probably wake up.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I'd call that bizarre.

Sometimes you can "continue" a dream and pick up where you've left off, I've done this several times. The problem with dreams is most people (if not all) forget the majority of them.

One night I had a series of disturbing dreams, about 8 of them, all of them continued from where I woke up, I lived as 3 people and died 4 times, got to see a about 10 generations of the same family in "memories", very profound dreams. But then again the ones we remember tend to be, the ones like I just explained or yours are usually profound, as if you have some control in them, as if you are real. You feel.

Maybe keep a dream journal?

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
haha.... if the "dream world" is the true "reality" than wow.... ive had dreams where i was super human and controlled the world by force and power.. others were i helped the planet... fought demons, fought clones of my self, fought the grim reaper with friends, had sex with endless chicks, some of the chicks were daughters of gods, killed gods, was a god etc etc

unless each dream is a different reality... DUNDUNDUNNN

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Ive had a theory that the 'dream world' is also where we can interact with others, and even the dead.
There's been multiple studies done on REM induced concious displacement, so there's lots of people who feel the same way as you and I.
Ever have a dream that seemed so real it had to be?
Kinda like this keyboard im typing on right now.....

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
That's a pretty cool experience man. I have also seen and done things in dreams that are hard for me to process while awake for different reasons.

I can validate what you are feeling like right now though. You know what you experienced, you know the nuances and profundity of the experience. You don't have to know for sure what was or is happening in order to trust your own perceptions over what others tell you that you should be perceiving.

Keep going man, don't lose focus on this experience. Tonight when you lay down for bed I want you to lay on your back, relax to the best of your ability, and breath through your stomach. If your stomach only is rising and falling while you breath you are doing it right. If nothing happens the first night after 30-60 minutes do it for a week. I can almost promise you will experience things, although they are often fleeting and hard to pin down until you have a bit more practice.

Good luck man. There is much more "out there" than we are usually led to believe, or agree on. This has the potential to be a life altering experience if you want it to be.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

I agree with this. For the three years my ex and I lived together, she constantly had to tell me if I actually got up and walked around/let the dog out/made a phone call/other stuff. My dreams have always been very vivid, to the point they trick my brain into thinking I can feel. I also sleep talk, A LOT, she had a whole notebook of things I would say, conversations with her or myself/no one. There was a also two occasions where she said I could smell. I asked her once, "sweetheart, where did you get those pizza Pringles? I want some" she then told me she didn't have any and go back to sleep. But I told her, "don't lie to me, I can smell them. I don't want all of them, just a couple" she eventually shook me awake. There was a similar back and forth about how I didn't want her eating chicken parm in the bed.

Dreams are a very odd thing.
edit on 7 22 2017 by MDpvc because: I hate autocorrect

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
One thing that has always perplexed me is that I rarely remember my dreams, or if I do, it's just bits and pieces of it. Generally, I have to have a nightmare to remember it distinctly.

I have often wondered what that means. Your story makes me wonder even more. If dreams are the actual reality and someone doesn't remember, or only half assedly remembers their dreams, does that mean they don't or only half exist?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join