It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My community is going to make national headlines

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist
Something is definitely going on and we need to look beyond the trees.

I was talking with a member of our SART team last week and she shared with me that the police department in a nearby area had nine instances were they had to use Narcan in one night.

This was particularly troubling as the area is tiny in size, and the majority of the residents are wealthy.

There was a news report just the other day about how one of the local areas were in dire straits because they can't keep up with the demand for Narcan by the police on the street. This is something that we should not ignore. Something just isn't right. Police carrying Narcan is new. All these people were not dying at this rate before. Is this a chicken vs the egg scenario?

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262
Methadone Clinics are not as popular anymore.

These new clinics are popping up and is being pushed as a solution. I think it is just another rouse. I think we should follow the money and find out what is really going on.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Maybe, just maybe, you should consider moving?

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Problem is, that with carfentanil a VERY SMALL amount is lethal. It is literally an elephant tranquilizer....or other large animals.

If there is powder in the air, at a place where they are cutting the drug, if the officer does not have a mask on he can breath in enough to kill him or her.

A few months back an officer was on the scene and didn't know drugs were present, they were hidden and he was not wearing a mask. He felt light headed and ran out. Another unit narcan'd him and saved his life. This carfentanil is a HUGE problem.
edit on am77201717America/Chicago22p11am by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
It has already made national headlines due to the amount of heroine overdoses here which is more than likely the #1 in the country. That's not it though the choices the city makes are insane.

Welcome to our world, here in in the People's Democratic Republik of Kalifornia.

edit on Sat Jul 22 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote Quote Crash Course

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist
I am a Forensic Nurse, so this puts me inside of multiple worlds.

From a medical standpoint I see the need for measures to be in place for both treatment and prevention.

From the standpoint of the law there is the need for enforcement and prevention.

Police can administer Narcan when it is a medical emergency for themselves or others, but I think it would be a mistake for the police to believe that it is their primary duty to perform medical rescue on arrival at the scene. There are a number of ugly side effects that can occur with the use of Narcan, and sometimes a single injection is not enough.

The tricky part is making the drug users responsible for their own lives, which seems to be a near impossibility, so how effective is any method of prevention actually going to be.

I have very mixed feelings about treatments that facilitate providing the drug to those that have no desire to quit. I see no benefit for the individual or for society, so the acceptance of heroin clinics as a primary option fills be with dread and with suspicion.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Wtf. Who the hell votes in these incompetants? And I thought Christie was bad......

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
With the increased crime, and tax hikes, it looks like 'someone' or some 'group' wants to drive everyone away through fear or financial burden.
Then when everyone leaves, they buy the property dirt cheap, develop it, and rake in profits.
Or.... Perhaps your town/city is sitting on top of oil, or mineral reserves.
Someone wants all of your land. Unfortunately, we wont no why for quite some time.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Starcrossd
a reply to: Meldionne1

Pennsylvania

This is really tragic. Almost makes you wonder if the people there were doomed to some kind of social experiment.
very sad indeed

It's not just this town/area---it is the entire US!

When you introduce psychotropic chemicals into a child's brain---chemicals that have never been tested on those developing brains---and then combine that with the chemicals found in municipal water supplies (fluoride, lead and excreted legal pharmaceuticals not removed by filtration) you have a deadly combination. We have no idea what sort of damage that kind of influx can do to a developing brain. What is becoming clear is that it creates the environment that leads to the brain needing more of those chemicals or something that gives them a familiar feeling.

We've got to stop this practice of letting BigPharma experiment on our children.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I'm from Chicago. We go to your area when we want to chill...

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
This seems to be a growing epidemic throughout the US, smaller to larger cities. It's effecting the middle class or what was that as well like crazy. I'd guess cities 20 thousand and up is where it starts, plus factor in the drug trade in the areas, maybe more prevalent on the coasts. Smaller cities and rural areas instead have the meth epidemic.
edit on 22-7-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The War On Opiates in causing the large amount of deaths by Opiates.

Because its getting harder to get narcotics like heroin and even Vicodin and Oxycontin the narcotic drug dealers need a drug that is easy to hide as its brought into the US.

Fentanil and Carfentanil are the perfect drug to smuggle as it can cross the border in small very easy to hide shipments.
then the dealers can take the very small amount and step on it may times and make a very large profit.

and Fentanil and Carfentanil can kill drug dogs trying to find the shipments.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

What can I say the world is a crawling maggot heap. There are many things we can do to help everyone in the U.S. and the world but, anything that opposes the interests of the elite is sabotaged. By the way who established the drug trade in the U.S.?

youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Does the OP think this has something to do with economic conditions in the area?

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Does the OP think this has something to do with economic conditions in the area?

Yes. The economic condotions are bad and in the 90's the state started building several housing projects in the area that crashed the area.

Since then there has been an influx o
of criminals from the Tri State area.. Philly, New York and Jersey.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

CIA has gotta make that black budget money

They suffer under inflation too you know

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Starcrossd
a reply to: Meldionne1

Pennsylvania

This is really tragic. Almost makes you wonder if the people there were doomed to some kind of social experiment.
very sad indeed

They were. It's called environmentalism and outsourcing.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Make heroin and all the other sjit legal... The quality will increase, quality control will increase, criminality will decrease and people will be able to function in society better.

It is illegal because some organisations can earn their money for wars with it. Really, it is the best solution for all the problems these drugs give our society.

Be like water... go with the flow.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

You are so damn ignorant it isn't even funny. The amount of lives saved because of methadone or suboxone availability is huge. I bet you also see addicts as scum who deserve to die and have no way of safely trying to get clean. I hope you or a loved one gets addicted and can't go to a clinic for help. Then you'll see how much of an ignorant asshole you are. And so you know, suboxone doesn't have a high involved with it. Methadone can if you go high enough but most doctors won't put people that high. Educate yourself before spewing trash
edit on 24-7-2017 by andrew778 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I do kind of agree that the quality would get better, but that is kind of the problem with opiates....the users chase that dragon for that ever elusive high that was like the first time they tried it....the dealers give them the "good" stuff cut with fetynal guaranteeing a super high, the user uses the amount they were previously tolerant to and they end up od'ing....it's crazy that it's such a screwed up business model, the best product is the strongest and easily kills you, the dealers push and peddle a product that kills, users seek it out after hearing in the news about a "super strength" product out there that is killing people, users think wow must be "good" and instead of taking a smaller dose they think they can handle the new stuff and just get super high...and end up dead too, user friends hear about it, seek out that same high strength stuff, because their buddy couldn't handle it, but they can.... vicious cycle... the war on it, reporting on it, the ease of it, the economy, the lack of viable treatment, the problems of poverty, boredom of middle and upper classes, doctors treating symptoms with drugs, all exacerbated and created by an overweight, bored and unhealthy population with access to mostly cheap processed garbage food, idled by technology....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join