It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minneapolis Mayor presser out of control

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: GusMcDangerthing

Exactly.

Too many times either the screening wasn't rigorous enough and another psychopath slipped thru or candidate looked good initially but wasn't washed out fast enough.

Fro Greydaze let me say, being a cop is a sucky, sucky dare I say it SUCKY job. Crappy hours, you gotta pay for your own uniforms and most times at least here cops are working three part time jobs for multiple municipalities to make their 40 hrs. The paperwork is outrageous and court time keeps them off the street doing what we need them too be doing. This is AFTER getting their 4 yr college degree in criminology and racking up the student loans.

For every idiot cop out there, there are 10 decent folk in responsible departments getting trashed and painted with the same brush.

I've had my run-ins and despite the media propaganda about bad cops I have yet to meet one. Altho it wasn't like I was holding up a liquor store or bank or anything. However I was fairly tagged for speeding and those officers couldn't have been more decent about it. They have also responded to a couple of calls I had to make about a idiot shooting a AK late at night drunk off his butt.

They talked him down and as far as I know didn't even confiscate his weapons. I was more worried for them walking into the woods than I was the idiot playing rambo. They didn't even blink, just headed off into the darkness and no drama, no choppers, no escalation.

Brave MF-ers they were.
Unless that's a job you'd do maybe stop painting them all with the same brush?

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I found this linky. It is a good read if anyone is interested.
thehill.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

You know what? It's no secret that I'm not friend to the police, in fact right now I consider them the enemy. However, if cities and states reviewed and overhauled their recruitment process, paid them much, much bigger salaries and stopped hiring them because of their ethnicity or gender and focused on hiring the best, I would be happy to change my tune.

Oh, and the feds would have to change the stupid drug laws. But all that is just too darn hard for them to do because it makes sense. Stop them being 'law enforcement and glorified security guards and raise the profession to one of the most respectable to aspire to and uphold.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join